Help with diy uc dwc progect.

• Thread starter AdamBlack760
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AdamBlack760

I want to experiment with UC DWC and want to build my own system so i would understand the system more. Ill be "renting" space in a buddys grow sence mines pritty full at the moment. I want to run in a 5x5 tent so my plants would be less affected by his lights. I plan on running 5gal square pails .
in a 3x3 patern with 18'' between pails and 12'' between pails and tent walls.
I just have a coupple questions.

1. what size pvc to conect the buckets i was thinking 2''. Also i saw angled cuts in the pvc in some set ups Whats the purpose of if any.

2. should i use one or two return pumps. And what gph should i use.

3. do the size of the net pots matter or should i use the largest i can fit in the lids.

Thats all i can think of right now thanks for looking and any help you guys have.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like you have a plan.
1) 2" is the ticket on that size bucket. IMO the angle is to make getting the pipe in the Uniseal a bit smoother. (have to call and ask for the definitive answer).
2) Check there website and guesstimate.
3) IMO bigger is better.
FJ

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
2" like Jon said

CC recomend your pump move 50 gph through each 8 gal bucket - 500 gph if you were using 8 gal - so maybe like a 350- 400 max - you dont want a lot of suction

bigger is better

A

AdamBlack760

thanks for the help guys im going to start gathering parts asap hopefully start building by feb. ill do i full diy write up and log my grow. when i do should i put in under diy or the undercurrent section.

One more question any recomaditions for a air pump and air stones
and a good place to source them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom