Help With First Grow! Bugs!

• Thread starter OleRedBeard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OleRedBeard

Hi everyone,
I’m looking for help. I started my 12/12 cycle last week and im noticing small bugs in my soil. I thought they were fungus gnats so first I put DE out. I set a trap with vinegar, water, and soap, and I let the soil dry and watered with hydrogen peroxide and water. Theyre still there and idk what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Help with first grow bugs
O

OleRedBeard

I'm calm. Just want to make sure they aren't damaging my crop. Thanks for the info.

O

OleRedBeard

Well shit guys it looks like I chose the wrong forum to join. You guys judge harshly and have nothing but negative stuff to say. Yes Toaster, I am sure. The plants look fine. The plants were over watered 2 weeks ago when I went on vacation but the Cookies and Cream strain remain strong and responded well to killing all the beneficial bacteria with the 4 tbs of h2o2. Thanks for nothing.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well shit guys it looks like I chose the wrong forum to join. You guys judge harshly and have nothing but negative stuff to say. Yes Toaster, I am sure. The plants look fine. The plants were over watered 2 weeks ago when I went on vacation but the Cookies and Cream strain remain strong and responded well to killing all the beneficial bacteria with the 4 tbs of h2o2. Thanks for nothing.
just trying to help friend,he is correct about the peroide,springtails are attracted to soil because of the organic matter ,thats what they do,outside they clean your yard of any kind crap laying around and make short work of it,i love um ,keep me from picking up after the dogs and deer,lol,but inside the house i aint having,they like rabbits and multiply quick,damage is done though,spinosad or azamax would be a better choice,got to say you kinda hard on the folk trying to help you though,keep in mind that in soil if you give it a few days it might just work out for ya,sorry couldnt help,no need to write back cause you already let use know your a right now type ,good luck with your grow friend,dont ever stop we need more folk like you in this world,this economy has done its very best to make everyone stop growing and depend on money grubs for food and smokes

O

OleRedBeard

just trying to help friend,he is correct about the peroide,springtails are attracted to soil because of the organic matter ,thats what they do,outside they clean your yard of any kind crap laying around and make short work of it,i love um ,keep me from picking up after the dogs and deer,lol,but inside the house i aint having,they like rabbits and multiply quick,damage is done though,spinosad or azamax would be a better choice,got to say you kinda hard on the folk trying to help you though,keep in mind that in soil if you give it a few days it might just work out for ya,sorry couldnt help,no need to write back cause you already let use know your a right now type ,good luck with your grow friend,dont ever stop we need more folk like you in this world,this economy has done its very best to make everyone stop growing and depend on money grubs for food and smokes

I really appreciate the feedback. Like I said, I thought they were fungus gnats at first so I was worried. I feel that toaster wasn't trying to help but rather judge me on decisions I made based off of inexperience. That doesn't justify my being hard on him though, maybe he was trying to help. I was dealing with the bugs for a couple of weeks and I was afraid as my crop goes further in to flowering that they would eventually ruin it. So far the plants are doing well and are looking better than they did. Again, thanks for the help.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I really appreciate the feedback. Like I said, I thought they were fungus gnats at first so I was worried. I feel that toaster wasn't trying to help but rather judge me on decisions I made based off of inexperience. That doesn't justify my being hard on him though, maybe he was trying to help. I was dealing with the bugs for a couple of weeks and I was afraid as my crop goes further in to flowering that they would eventually ruin it. So far the plants are doing well and are looking better than they did. Again, thanks for the help.
Hey man sometimes you just gotta let stuff roll off your back like water on a duck . Stay chill , and if what someone's says you don't like ignore it man . Peace , and love bro hope your problem gets fixed and you have a beautiful crop .:smoking:

Toaster79

Toaster79

Geez another snowflake.

Where exactly did I go hard on you? Explaining what you got and what you might have done wrong? And you're also saying you had bug "problem" for two weeks but didn't occur to you you could do some research yourself and educate yourself about the stuff YOU need to know? Now you got your answers served on a silver plate and you get to be butthurt too?

What the fuck happened to people growing backbones?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom