help with first indoor grow?

• Thread starter Couchlocked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Couchlocked

Whats up from middle TN. This is my first indoor grow and was wondering if the specs and what not were correct. I have a 5x5x6 grow tent that i have constructed with a 4 inch exhaust with carbon filter, a 400w hps light, and fans that i am going to run to keep the tent cool. The factors that i am most concerned about is the humidity, and smell. What can i do to ensure that these two things stay under control if they will not be controlled by the equipment i already have.

1st.artuning

Your carbon filter should be fine and what about the humidity are you worried it being to high or to low? If its to high get a dehumidifier and if its low put a bowl of water out when the lights are on to raise it. Or visit your local thrift store from the equipment like a Vic's vaporizer and you can find dehumidifiers too.....

M

Mari-Wonka

I don't know how many you're going to run in a 25 sq. ft. area but 400w is pretty low. I usually run about 80w per sq. ft.
You may already have a plan to keep them centered with the light pretty close.
What are you running for intake? The exhaust fan will draw in some new air if you have an additional opening to the tent. I would still consider a form of forced air to help cool the room and let the plants breath.
You may have already considered all of this. Just laying it out for consideration.
Peace,
MW

Latest posts

Top Bottom