Help with first led grow light please

• Thread starter Akabudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Akabudz

Akabudz

Hi all, as title, never grown with led as such, looking for the best to fir grow space of 2x2x6ft.
My budget would be upto €250
However I found this (please refer to image.
Would this do. Well for veg and bloom. In my grow space?

Help with first led grow light please
Floodster31

Floodster31

I would say the same light but 240watt I have the 240watt kingbright in a 3x3x6 and it works great

Akabudz

Akabudz

My tent is 2ft x 2ft so I'm thinking this would be a squeeze to fit into my space

Screenshot 20201023 110429 comalibabaintlandroidappsposeidon
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I'd recommend this one. I got it as a supplemental light but extended my footprint/plant count after 1 grow. It does a great job. My main light is an Hlg600. This 240 gave me my biggest cola this last run. Grant it has some help15,000ish lumen from the 600. It is currently flowering two plants which I expect to yeild 2-3 oz a peice. Its within your budget, and you can add a 2nd or 3rd down the road.. it produces manageable heat. I use a cabinet or computer fan on it. Which I recommend for any higher watt led. With out fan heat gun read 145°f+ and with fan 95-100°f. A nice breeze across them heat plates helps alot in temp management. At 12 inch away it reads 48,000 lumens. Grant that is with phone lumen reader. Can't say how accurate it is lol. Oh its also fairly light, handling it compared to hlg600 is a breeze. Im trimming the now dry plants tonight that were directly under this light 2 weeks if you want weight and pictures of upper and lower buds.

20201023 071337
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Thing1 105g
PineExpress 70g

They are still in drying process. Both those numbers will shrink a little but not much more. I also and didn't think about it till opening my freezer chopped off a fair amount from each one before cutting plants down to expirement with fresh frozen. So even though those too numbers aren't 100% dry i know for a fact I got more. But 175 as base is good enough for me

****side note I did have a few consistent issues this grow. I switched nutrients this round and may or may not of messed up in a few areas lol.

I ran this light at 70 ish %, at 100% they draw 300watts. There was 4 under it but other 2 defintly got more from hlg600 than these 2. But with these two plants alone I averaged .58 g per watt. That is not a bragging right number lol, again I froze a good chunck of nugz and one could easily fit 4 plants under this light. For a starting point, having a few things go wrong, not at full power this light will grow enough to pay for itself even with all those variables. And you save 60 bucks if you have $250

Hope that helps heres a few pics. The container is to show how much I froze id bet there's another oz in there. This 1 light alone should easily hit 1-1.5 gram per watt with 4 plants.

20201023 174852
20201023 185124
20201023 193314
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I have two Mars Hydro TS1000 in a 2/4/6ft tent so I would imagine the one would do a 2/2/6, they are 150w each and about 129-139 usd
If you do decide on the Mars ones, do buy from their website directly for warranty etc.
Code AFN should give you 5% discount I think.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have a 600w viperspecta 2 cycle reflector series, they have upgraded the model and lowerd the price to $150 delivered, it really is a good light so i bought another to double my grow space, yea it's Chinese but you cant argue the results.

Akabudz

Akabudz

If I go from hid to led half way through flower cycle would this be detrimental in any way?
Thanks

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
If I go from hid to led half way through flower cycle would this be detrimental in any way?
Thanks

I've heard really good things about KingBrite, but I wanted mine faster so I went first with the Viparspectra P2000. And I liked those two so much that I ordered 2 more. But this time went with the P2500's. They are 50w more (250w each) and less than $200 delivered each. You can see pics of my small indoor flowering set up on my grow. What they are doing to HSC Purple Mountain Majesty is errr.. Magestic lol :D Love them!

Akabudz

Akabudz

Hey bro, thanks for stopping by with that information, just ordered the p1000, I only have 2x2 ft area, will be with me by Monday,
If any one could give insight to whether going from hid to led mid flower will give me problems would be appreciated.
Thanks đź‘Ť

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

With an actual draw of 100 watts you should be fine, the p1000 shouldn't be too over whelming. Pay attention to leaf temps, don't want them getting too cold. Not sure what bulb size you use now but 100 watts wont keep them leaf temps up.
I switched from hps to the hlg half way and bleached a few top nugs. But its a bit more led than the p1000. Heat took me by surprise.. the hlg pulls 630 watts though and it doesn't have controlled air tubes like the hps I used prior.

Pay attention to your ladies. If this is your smoke supply maybe consider waiting it out. When I switched I kind of didn't care because I had a great harvest prior. But regardless I still got decent nugs, just a few adjustments were needed like with adding anything new in a controlled environment.

Best of luck!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom