Help with first outdoor grow training. Pics

• Thread starter Diesel21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diesel21

Diesel21

This is my first outdoor grow. One blue dream and one original glue. They are growing great and I have lst them into the cage and the inner tops are starting to pop up. My question is what should be my next step in trading them? There are several tops already so I don’t think I need to top anymore. Do I just continue to pull the inner growth through the cage as it grows above the rest of the canopy?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Diesel21

Diesel21

This is my first outdoor grow. One blue dream and one original glue. They are growing great and I have lst them into the cage and the inner tops are starting to pop up. My question is what should be my next step in trading them? There are several tops already so I don’t think I need to top anymore. Do I just continue to pull the inner growth through the cage as it grows above the rest of the canopy?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

076E0250 673D 48FD 9671 B59E993BD668
3B459238 85EB 447A B41F 52C93512ED2B
83496762 AD5C 4642 9B8F 19E40FF677B5
8AF5EBDD 6B8D 4E4E 8E90 0423E6D024B6
006DFFB9 B259 47F6 B854 1CFA79F4B569
fishbuds

fishbuds

i know a guy who loves the cages. i hate them. he has had alot of bug and mold issues over the years. i have too, but ive not lost a plant that wasnt just a weak ass bitch..

personally, the cage sucks, and is for weak plants that need support. strong seed photo plants should not need a cage.

how would i go about plucking and pruning, cleaning and spraying tops and bottom of leaves, easily, ease of watering, with all that wire around? i'd pull the cages, and get my hands all over those girls, bending, breaking, etc...

meh, but thats just me, and im no ed or jorge, just a dude with a tude, ;)

happy growing

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i would put the same width of the cages,open between them,same cages and let them grow threw the sides as they come up,let them stick threw side about a ft and put another cage around them later if need be,lot of buds there ,need room to get it on,you can tie off to the cage later but there gonna have to be opened up a bit more and if your worried about neighbors tieing them off will train them low

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I grow a lot indoors, but in an outdoors style with each plant being allowed to grow considerably bigger than most indoor grows. With a robust outdoor plant, a cage will be a hindrance but it might be late for that advice. I would try to spread the longer stalks out thru the side of the cage, spreading the plant out as much as you can. This will help to spread the canopy out, which sets the stage for about a month into growing, after the branches have been spread out thru the cage and beyond as much as you can. After a month or so, let it grow normally and all of the buds that are on the side branches will begin to grow vertically, giving you a bunch of big buds in a row. This also prevents canopy crowding, which prevents a lot of growth under the main canopy. By spreading it out early, the plant won't be as crowded and can grow it's buds better and bigger, especially if it's a Sativa strain, which can really get tall. Spread it out until the branches have extended thru the cage, then let it finish growing in vegg mode without or with minimal training, and it should grow a lot of new vertical buds along the branch. During flowering these should all turn to buds... there it is in a nutshell. It works for me, although everyone's system is different. Good Luck!!

Wolfe

Wolfe

You don’t have to train a plant the same way you would indoors. The light penetrates much better than any indoor light. I still take stuff from inside and the bottom. But that should turn out to look pretty cool when it buds. Stay the course. Looks fine to me.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

That’s pretty much exactly how I train my plants, although the only difference between what you and I do is that I also leave some inner branches to grow straight up in the centre. Creates more of a spherical bush which is great outdoors since the sun moves through the sky and you get direct sunlight on all sides for many hours of the day.

But to me looks like what you’re doing is great and the result should be great as well. That’s my two cents but might want to get some more opinions; there’s some people on here who’ve been growing for longer than I’ve been alive so they will have some wise words.

FrankieG

FrankieG

I use cages in my outdoor setup until they get big enough to not be attractive to the deer and then pull them... If you just really wanted cages, I'd still go with the 4x4 instead of the 2x4 you've got. You can at least put your hand through the 4x4, I don't know how you'll work on, or water those plants when they get big.

Diesel21

Diesel21

I use cages in my outdoor setup until they get big enough to not be attractive to the deer and then pull them... If you just really wanted cages, I'd still go with the 4x4 instead of the 2x4 you've got. You can at least put your hand through the 4x4, I don't know how you'll work on, or water those plants when they get big.
I have been using side cutters lately to make a bunch of 4x4 squares because I have had trouble getting my arms in there. I will the same on the top half of the cage as well.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

i know a guy who loves the cages. i hate them. he has had alot of bug and mold issues over the years. i have too, but ive not lost a plant that wasnt just a weak ass bitch..

personally, the cage sucks, and is for weak plants that need support. strong seed photo plants should not need a cage.

how would i go about plucking and pruning, cleaning and spraying tops and bottom of leaves, easily, ease of watering, with all that wire around? i'd pull the cages, and get my hands all over those girls, bending, breaking, etc...

meh, but thats just me, and im no ed or jorge, just a dude with a tude, ;)

happy growing

I beg to differ. Have you seen what a murderous pack of ground squirrels can do to a plant? Last year I came home from work and one unprotected plant looked like it went through a wood chipper. Just scraps on the ground where it was growing. I'd electrify the damn fence if I could. These bastards get a taste of weed and you need an armed sentry and land mines to protect plants.😉

Top Bottom