Help with flushing.

• Thread starter warezkat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

warezkat

I am on a water, water, feed schedule as per TechnaFlora's recipe for success.

I am supposed to feed next watering but I have to flush my plants because of nute build-up.

So my question is if I have to flush do I then go back to feed or should I start with water again ?

Nutrients: TechnaFlora

Strains: Early Girl, Early Girl x Skunk, Blueberry Skunk, Nothern Lights Skunk and Hindu Kush

12000 watts
co2
temp: 22.6 c
humidity: 50%

C

claudacio

With the techniflora nutes you feed/water/water, then start over feed/water/water. Usually it should end up being so you feed once a week.

Make sure when you water you water heavy, its like giving them a mini flush between feedings. But it is important to flush every so often with 3x the container size, techniflora nutes are very easy to use but they do leave salt build up quite fast with the RFS kit.

If you could post some pics someone may be able to help you a little better.

I have used the techniflora stuff for an entire grow and it works and is a good program to learn with but its a hydroponic nute program thats suitable for soil/soil less, once you get the hang of the plants you may want to switch over in the future to a soil/soil less specific nute like botanicare or something else.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
medium?

Im having a hard time wrapping my head around a salt buildup when you feed water water

W

warezkat

I have pics in member galleryand made another post about the specific problems I am having.

I got a couple of responses but I know it's a build up and needs to be flushed. What would you suggest for watering ? I am watering about 1.7 L per plant now every 2 - 3 days. should I increase the amount of water between feedings ? the most effected are the EG and EGxSK they have a very short bloom period like 45 days. this is the first time I have grown either strain and have only seen it outdoor.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
well I just looked at your pix - looks like you have a lot going on there but Im not sure over feeding is your issue

maybe lockout becasue your ph is pretty damn high

W

warezkat

usualy my ph is 6.7 or 6.6. could it be a phenotype of the strain ?

C

claudacio

Definitely a lot going on there dude, I am not sure you can save it and get a productive harvest with the issues you got going, I didnt know what to look at first. Sometimes you need to weigh out the decision to flip them into flower if plants are sick or have pests while in veg, its wise not to switch them to 12/12 until those problems are non existent or 100% under control and plants are as healthy as they could possibly be. If they are sick when you flip to 12/12, more than likely they arent going to make it to the finish line and if they do you'll wish you didnt waist your time. I'm not one for throwing in the towel either but sometimes you have to weigh out the benefits of keeping a crop alive or starting over, plus to growing indoors but its never a plus chopping down before you are supposed to.

Start by flushing out the containers with 3 times the container size. If your plants are in 1 gallon containers, pour 3 gallons of PHed (6.5ph max) water threw each plant, if you have plants in 5 gallon buckets, 15 gallons of water needs to go through. It sounds like a lot but as long as you are letting them dry out after properly, your plants will reward you in the end. You can also use flushing agents like clearex, sledgehammer or a million others and not have to use so much water but I would still recommend using some water after the flushing agent.

When I flush with clearex with a 3 gallon pot, I will put 1 gallon of clearex threw followed by at least 2 gallons of aerated PHed water. If you use a flushing agent, follow the instructions best you can, most will tell you to pour mix in until you get a certain amount of run off. Stick with what the bottle says or ask about a specific product.

Flushing will accomplish more than just helping with salt build up, it will help you get your PH back in check which I also think is a big part of your problem as ML said above. If your PH is off its going to make you think your plant is deficient of everything, and trying to fix 10 different deficiency's is going to start a larger problem. When PH is out of the proper zone your plant cant eat. Its more detailed than that but in a nutshell, they aint eating and wont until its corrected.

I really dont want to sound like a downer but dont expect soda bottle sized colas, nor should you get your hopes high for a bumper crop, its tough to get them right if you handle all your problems before they enter the flowering room, if you run into these kind of problems while you are already in flower or as I said above, right before you flip them its not going to work out for you. The plant needs to be in tip top condition before you set that timer to 12/12.

I hope it works out for you man, good luck.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Okay, I don't have much experience with any of the Technaflora nutes, but have also read they are kinda hot. Are you going by a complete recipe that lays out all the products in the line you are using? Or just going by the label on each bottle individually?

Get your self a good salt and pH pen or meter.

I will say, although 6.5 is the ideal pH for soil, with a thriving microherd....you are in a soiless medium, feeding mostly pure salts, so you are essentially growing passive hydro in a peat-based medium, and needs to be treated as such. Therefore your ideal pH for nutrient uptake will be around 5.8-6.1 pH.

Also, this is true of any feeding schedule or method...if you feed a weaker sauce, you can feed more often with less chances of salt build up or other problems. Its always better to underfeed and correct than overfeed and cause health issues. Same goes for pets and kids, really.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I dont agree with pure water flushing - can do more harm then good in some cases

you should at least flush with 1/4 strength nutes

another thing is do you let your plants dry out too much between feedings the salt buildup happens exponentially when medium like your using gets too dry

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I dont agree with pure water flushing - can do more harm then good in some cases

you should at least flush with 1/4 strength nutes

Yup, if you flush with clean water in between feedings, you are actually washing away all your pH buffers and you leave your medium more susceptible to pH swing and micro deficiencies, ESPECIALLY if you are using RO water. 1/4 strength nutes work good, around 200-300 ppm...or what I do is some RO water with 1/2 strength silica and cal/mag added to it, will also come out around 200-400 ppm. Or you could do a simple light molasses tea, which will feed some simple sugars as well as containing a buffering amount of cal/mag.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Damn I dnt know if you can bring your girls back from that. It looks similar to what i just had going on mysecond julius caesar from seed I got lucky and got 2 females any way. My julius caesar had lock out issues had the purple spots on the leaves and i flushed it with 5 gallons of water and hygrozyme and the 6th gallon i put rapid start voodoo juice great white and liquid carboload for the last gallon i put in her and then foliar fed her with a combo of nitrozime, calmag, organic wet betty, and nirvana and not 24 hrs later she was perked back up reaching for the sky. If it was just a lock out issue it wouldn't be a big deal to fix but i think you have a combination of things including lock out you have to decide if its worth it to keep them and try to nurse them back to health. If I were you and I had clones of all those strains I would just say fuck it learn from this and start over. If your gonna keep them I would flush them asap and go from their to figure out whats wrong.

W

warezkat

ok well I flushed one plant just to get an idea of what's up. I flushed 3 gal pot with 2 gal 1/4 strength Connoisseur (advanced) then 4 gal straight RO water PH'd @ 6.7. after testing for TDS and PH I found that the PH of the 4 gal after running through the 3 gal pot was 430 tds and a PH of 4.3 , Now I have A/C that runs when the lights are on and it draws about 10 gal of water out of the air in my room (that I reuse for watering and some small Hydro units) Could the A/C be lowering the PH of my pro-mix ? I am feeding as per the instructions on my nutes (TechnaFlora) a week after flushing the rest of the girls (360) I notice them starting to get the proper color back.

Also part of my problem is I have too many plants growing at once. I have 4 separate bloom cycles in the same room with 3 1000 HPS over each. so I have about 100 plants harvested every 2 weeks or so, and giving each one of them separate nutes as required by the plant is too much... I think.

Should I switch everything to hydroponics and make sure all my clones in each separate cycle are the same strain in order to have more control over my whole grow ?

Any ideas ? I can't cut it all and start again... I have to keep going with what I have and try to make it better with every separate cycle. I am financially strapped with starting this from nothing to a 13200 watt grow that produces every two weeks. I can't lose what I have and recover in time to pay my bills it's not easy for me with every thing else i have on the go and I need to make tis as easy as I can.

I would love some one to help me out one on one to make my grow rolling stone cover material... lol any takers PM me.

Thanks for all the help with this guys much appreciation !

Latest posts

Top Bottom