Help with getting stem to thicken to support more leaves

• Thread starter WolfKing420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WolfKing420

Need some tips on how to make the stem thicker so it can grow more leaves on it quickly still haven't determined weather it's a male or female plant yet

Help with getting stem to thicken to support more leaves
Help with getting stem to thicken to support more leaves 2
Help with getting stem to thicken to support more leaves 3
Help with getting stem to thicken to support more leaves 4
W

WolfKing420

your month or two from knowing if it’s male or female,. you won’t know if you keep watering too frequently,.
Only watering every 2-3 days but seeming it's by window I spray the leaves so they don't burn or dry up

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Only watering every 2-3 days but seeming it's by window I spray the leaves so they don't burn or dry up
well stop spraying the leaves and yes the sun through the window can be too much for you seedlings,. you’ll have to monitor and adjust the amount or intensity each day until it can handle it,.
and your watering too frequently,..

mjvdet13

mjvdet13

Its too early yet to be worried about that but if you want to be proactive a co2 room grows the biggest, greenest, thickest stems you can possibly imagine (all other things being dialed in correct)..

W

WolfKing420

well stop spraying the leaves and yes the sun through the window can be too much for you seedlings,. you’ll have to monitor and adjust the amount or intensity each day until it can handle it,.
and your watering too frequently,..
Okay thank you it gets about maybe 6 hours of sunlight due to it facing south window

W

WolfKing420

Its too early yet to be worried about that but if you want to be proactive a co2 room grows the biggest, greenest, thickest stems you can possibly imagine (all other things being dialed in correct)..
I'm a first time grower so I'm going for a pretty simple indoor grow if I get a harvest this year then I'll go out and actually buy the fancy equipment

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

looks overwatered. seedling don't need any spraying, i usually water seedling in small cup every 7 days or more, 2-3 days seem too often to let dry the soil enough.

breathing is an important part of roots metabolism, too wet soil prevent the roots to breath evenly, what's important is proper wet dry cycle.

emanresu

emanresu

You should put a fan on it. Just enough to give it a little wiggle. It will create small tears in your stem. As it heals it will become stronger and be able to hold more weight.

emanresu

emanresu

You should put a fan on it. Just enough to give it a little wiggle. It will create small tears in your stem. As it heals it will become stronger and be able to hold more weight.
Also, when you transplant, if its having problems standing up on its own. Barry the stem deeper in the soil. It will grow new roots where the stem is and be sturdier over time. I do this a lot even if it's not having problems. More roots are just better. Just being deeper in the dirt will help it from falling over as well.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Also, when you transplant, if its having problems standing up on its own. Barry the stem deeper in the soil. It will grow new roots where the stem is and be sturdier over time. I do this a lot even if it's not having problems. More roots are just better. Just being deeper in the dirt will help it from falling over as well.
After you transplant deeper. Put a fan on it so it moves just a bit in the breeze. The fan breeze will make the stem strong.

B

Bdubs

At the same time you would normally mist them, replace that process with giving the seedling a little bump. Brush her gently and get her to wiggle. 3 times a day if you can. She will eventually bulk her base but it’s a slow process that will work if consistent.

B

Bdubs

At the same time you would normally mist them, replace that process with giving the seedling a little bump. Brush her gently and get her to wiggle. 3 times a day if you can. She will eventually bulk her base but it’s a slow process that will work if consistent.
lighting is causing your lanky base and she is stretching. Unless you get a supplemental light over top of her she will continue to stretch abnormally utilizing the distorted light from the sun through double pane windows, confusing the plant as well.

Newty

Newty

The soil looks pretty wet to me. They're already under stress but transplanting into a little bigger container with dryer soil may help.
What is the temp and humidity where the plant sits?
I see it's by a window, what is your outside temps like?

Do you plan on growing the plant outdoors?

emanresu

emanresu

lighting is causing your lanky base and she is stretching. Unless you get a supplemental light over top of her she will continue to stretch abnormally utilizing the distorted light from the sun through double pane windows, confusing the plant as well.
I think bdubs is right. Your seedling is stretching from inadequate lighting. And that is why it's not as strong as it should be. Fix the lighting issue and transplant it probably....half way up that long stem or a little more. As far as the watering issue, just stop watering it for a while. You don't need to mist the leaves either, just leave it alone and let it dry out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom