Help with grow asap, thanks

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

So I have 2 gelat.og I started and they sprouted around 7/26/21 and are currently in veg. Didn't put the seedlings under proper lighting right away so had little stretch an slow growth etc...once under lights seemed to be doing well. Slowly started adding nutes things seemed good then grow started to halt and just began to show slight issues, very minimal. Due to the fact the person I had adding nites when I wasn't there did not pH the water after adding nutes and also since they did not water with nutes then plain water then nutes and so on, instead using nutes with every feeding. So I checked the runoff pH and it was around mid 4s to 5 so way too low. I kept running gallons of water pH 7 until runoff was around 6.2 and waited for dry couple days and then ran another 2 gallons each of pH 7 water through with about a gallon of runoff and the runoff pH was 6.6 - 6.7, this was yesterday. What should I do from here the PPM was around 700 something and the EC at 1429 us/cm from runoff yesterday. Was considering watering each today with about half gallon each with nutes. It's been about 7 weeks from when they first sprouted, vegged longer and was going to a little more to hopefully have them get a bit taller cause they are short and super busy. Also should I defoliate the bigger fan leaves, I have done a little but not much and it's super crowded. They were definitely in lockout I believe before. I raised lights to about 24 inches from 18 in hopes they would stretch a bit and grow taller to spread out more, side branches are small and thin too. Any suggestions or help to get it back on track would be extremely helpful, thanks everyone!

Help with grow asap thanks
Help with grow asap thanks 2
Help with grow asap thanks 3
Help with grow asap thanks 4
Help with grow asap thanks 5
Help with grow asap thanks 6
Help with grow asap thanks 7
Help with grow asap thanks 8
2Bad

2Bad

Is this your first grow? What is the medium? They don't look bad what is the issue? And if you want to prune do it...I love to prune I feel like it diverts the energy from going into leaves and making more branches/taller branches.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Allow your medium to dry out completely before watering again with a low ppm feed (-125 ppm cal mag and -275 ppm veg nute) ph’d to 6.2.

They are showing signs of overwatering.

If you have a fan in there, make sure it is not blowing directly on the foliage of the plant. Circulate above and below the canopy.

Also, the pruning advice should be taken. Trim like the bottom 20% off those things and clean up the centers for some improved air flow. Anything that touches the soil has to go.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Allow your medium to dry out completely before watering again with a low ppm feed (-125 ppm cal mag and -275 ppm veg nute) ph’d to 6.2.

They are showing signs of overwatering.

If you have a fan in there, make sure it is not blowing directly on the foliage of the plant. Circulate above and below the canopy.

Also, the pruning advice should be taken. Trim like the bottom 20% off those things and clean up the centers for some improved air flow. Anything that touches the soil has to go.
I appreciate the input, thanks. Also -125ppm? (Negative)? Not sure what that means or how I would achieve that. Unfortunately before I saw your post I decided to water with a gallon of nutrients pH to 6.5 and these were the results

• 3tsp big bloom
  • 2tsp big grow
  • 1/2tsp Cal mag
PPM = 921

EC = 1860 us/cm

pH = 6.51

Runoff =

• pH = 6.37
  • Ppm = 870
  • EC = 1749 us/cm

Seems in range and hopefully will be good, only did to one plant so time will tell. As for being overwatered I would not doubt that cause when I tested the runoff originally it was around 4-5 pH so I dumped gallons of plain water pH at 7 in until the runoff came out at around 6.27 to flush salt buildup and then let it dry and ran one more gallon at 7 pH to be sure and runoff came to about 6.7 pH. Then yesterday I ran nutrients pH at 6.5 with the results I got above. Hopefully I did the correct thing. I am still New and trying to learn to keep the soil pH in range which I find difficult because I am unsure exactly how to test properly or monitor and the cheap soil pH testers are garbage from my experience. That’s my main issue figuring out the soil pH so I can keep it in range for proper healthy growth.

• Also as for when I water I heard I should water until I get about 20% runoff every time. Would you say this is correct? And in a 5 gallon pot I assume about a gallon of runoff would be the desired result? Thanks again I appreciate any and all input you guys are awesome here.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Oh and I forgot as for the pruning I was worried about taking some leaves off because I feel as if without them it won’t be able to absorb as much light and they won’t grow as well if I take off enough to open it up. I mean the stems should be a lot thicker and bigger at this point but had issues from the beginning with this one. I have also been trying LST and I find it difficult to know exactly the correct way to do it. Should it also be topped at some point ? Because the main top wants to keep doing it’s own thing and hard to keep it in line with the rest. Not sure if I am explaining that well enough.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
I can only offer this. If its your first grow try not to overwhelm yourself. They look really good to me. I struggle too. Relax and enjoy yourself. Patience is key.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
I appreciate the input, thanks. Also -125ppm? (Negative)? Not sure what that means or how I would achieve that. Unfortunately before I saw your post I decided to water with a gallon of nutrients pH to 6.5 and these were the results

• 3tsp big bloom
  • 2tsp big grow
  • 1/2tsp Cal mag
PPM = 921

EC = 1860 us/cm

pH = 6.51

Runoff =

• pH = 6.37
  • Ppm = 870
  • EC = 1749 us/cm

Seems in range and hopefully will be good, only did to one plant so time will tell. As for being overwatered I would not doubt that cause when I tested the runoff originally it was around 4-5 pH so I dumped gallons of plain water pH at 7 in until the runoff came out at around 6.27 to flush salt buildup and then let it dry and ran one more gallon at 7 pH to be sure and runoff came to about 6.7 pH. Then yesterday I ran nutrients pH at 6.5 with the results I got above. Hopefully I did the correct thing. I am still New and trying to learn to keep the soil pH in range which I find difficult because I am unsure exactly how to test properly or monitor and the cheap soil pH testers are garbage from my experience. That’s my main issue figuring out the soil pH so I can keep it in range for proper healthy growth.

• Also as for when I water I heard I should water until I get about 20% runoff every time. Would you say this is correct? And in a 5 gallon pot I assume about a gallon of runoff would be the desired result? Thanks again I appreciate any and all input you guys are awesome here.
I water until I see runoff and stop. About a half gallon in a 3 gallon pot works for me.

20210915 131100
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Sorryhe dashes mean “appx” or “roughly”. Supposed to be this: ~

Yup, you seem to have reeled in the ph issue. Now let that pot dry out (not feather dry) and water til you see a bit of runoff (not even a cup?). Water slowly and evenly to ensure no dry spots.

You’re doing well!! Good ph correction and proper watering those girls will be happy in no time.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

I can only offer this. If its your first grow try not to overwhelm yourself. They look really good to me. I struggle too. Relax and enjoy yourself. Patience is key.
Thanks and no it’s my third grow, well sorta and I never really paid attention much to soil pH before. Kinda half assed the first one from not being around tending to it and letting it dry out. I was gone and forgot along with not having a regular feeding schedule. So I only got like 2 1/2 ounces out of it, granted they were dense nice buds but it hermied on me. Might have been cause I think someone else being nosey opened tent when lights were off in flower or just stress or maybe the seeds not sure exactly.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Thanks and no it’s my third grow, well sorta and I never really paid attention much to soil pH before. Kinda half assed the first one from not being around tending to it and letting it dry out. I was gone and forgot along with not having a regular feeding schedule. So I only got like 2 1/2 ounces out of it, granted they were dense nice buds but it hermied on me. Might have been cause I think someone else being nosey opened tent when lights were off in flower or just stress or maybe the seeds not sure exactly.
Always research your genetics and use reputable seed banks and ph is 1 of the most important things. I don't leave for more than a day while growing. I use hydroponics though. Your doing great!

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Is this your first grow? What is the medium? They don't look bad what is the issue? And if you want to prune do it...I love to prune I feel like it diverts the energy from going into leaves and making more branches/taller branches.
Not my first no but still new to this. Soil / fox farm Ocean forest. The soil pH was issue I believe, slow growth and starting to show deficiency signs probably from lockout due to pH

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Always research your genetics and use reputable seed banks😊
Yeah i hear that. It was Gelat.og from seedsman. They seem to be good but what’s your take on them? Also who do you use if you don’t mind me asking?

2Bad

2Bad

Don't be afraid to prune. don't be afraid to top. It's a weed and grows as such. don't be afraid of hurting it they bounce back in DAYS.

2Bad

2Bad

If you want your branches to be thicker look into your nutrients and see if there's silicon dioxide in it. it's basically the only type of silica cannabis can uptake. The branches will keep getting thicker.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter

• 3tsp big bloom
  • 2tsp big grow
  • 1/2tsp Cal mag
PPM = 921

EC = 1860 us/cm

pH = 6.51

Runoff =

• pH = 6.37
  • Ppm = 870
  • EC = 1749 us/cm

Seems in range and hopefully will be good, only did to one plant so time will tell. As for being overwatered I would not doubt that cause when I tested the runoff originally it was around 4-5 pH so I dumped gallons
  • I appreciate the input, thanks. Also -125ppm? (Negative)? Not sure what that means or how I would achieve that. Unfortunately before I saw your post I decided to water with a gallon of nutrients pH to 6.5 and these were the results

• 3tsp big bloom
    • 2tsp big grow
    • 1/2tsp Cal mag
    PPM = 921

EC = 1860 us/cm

pH = 6.51

Runoff =

• pH = 6.37
    • Ppm = 870
    • EC = 1749 us/cm

• of plain water pH at 7 in until the runoff came out at around 6.27 to flush salt buildup and then let it dry and ran one more gallon at 7 pH to be sure and runoff came to about 6.7 pH. Then yesterday I ran nutrients pH at 6.5 with the results I got above. Hopefully I did the correct thing. I am still New and trying to learn to keep the soil pH in range which I find difficult because I am unsure exactly how to test properly or monitor and the cheap soil pH testers are garbage from my experience. That’s my main issue figuring out the soil pH so I can keep it in range for proper healthy growth.

When using fox farm... go with half of the recommended dosage... also when in Veg you want your PH to be around 5.5 - 5.8. Nitrogen is more easily "available" at those acidic levels.... when in flower you want your pH to be around 6.5.... as that is when your potassium and phosphorous levels will be easily "available"

From your pics you already heard your over watering which is true... you will notice your water usage will go up in time... no need to use a gallon of water when there is no need for it... when I 1st transplanted from a 3 gal to 7 gal pot I was using half gallon of h20 as to whole gallon or more for my 7 gallon... takes about 2 or 3 gallons of h20 for my 15 gallon pot

Top Bottom