help with growroom design

• Thread starter scratchgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scratchgrow

scratchgrow

can i run 2 1000w lights,2 inline fans,T5 light and 2 regular fans all on a 120v 30 amp circuit?total of 15.9 amps and 2400 watts

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

Well as long as you don't go over 80% of your breakers rated amps you should be ok.....myself I would split the circuit and run two 15 amp circuits and run lights in one and fans on the other..... Just make sure whatever power strip device you use to plug all that into is rated high enough to handle all that load

shemshemet

shemshemet

Well as long as you don't go over 80% of your breakers rated amps you should be ok.....myself I would split the circuit and run two 15 amp circuits and run lights in one and fans on the other..... Just make sure whatever power strip device you use to plug all that into is rated high enough to handle all that load

What do you mean split the circuit? Can this be handled by a layman or is it specifically an electricians job?

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

my bad dude I thought you had a 220 circuit at 30amps thats why I said split the circuit into two 15amp 110 circuits.......yeah your circuit has enough amps just make sure that whatever power strip device or panel you use to plug all that in is rated at 30 amps.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Just because it's a 30amp fuse does not mean someone installed the correct wiring.
I never seen a 30amp 120v before in any house I lived in.
Seems like to much of a chance for the magic smoke to leak out and your equipment will no longer work.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sounds strange,you usually dont find too many 30a 120v circuits in residential unless its an RV plugin or something,Id check the wire size on that circuit and make sure its sized correctly for the amperage.

Top Bottom