Help with growroom size/AC abilities

• Thread starter odium33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

odium33

I am beginning planning on larger grow with multiple identical rooms, containing 11k watts per, open bulbs, sealed co2 enriched environment. Each room will contain an 8 burner co2 generator, and maybe a dehuey, with all other equipment and ballasts outside. The rooms will be built within a warehouse that is climate controlled, around 75F. the rooms will be framed out just like a house, then skinned with 1/2" osb board, and insulated. each room will have its own 24000btu split ac with blowers from the floor on each bulb, and wall mounted circulation fans. My question, will 24000btu be sufficient to cool 11k watts open bulb in the described setup? and would it be better to build the rooms 14' x 7' or 16' x 8' or larger. 14'x7' is all i need space wise, I am wondering if the room would stay cooler, being larger because there is more room to diffuse the heat, or smaller because the AC would be more effective against a smaller area. and input would be greatly appreciated! I have been lurking these forums for a while and finally decided to register, you have the best information here it seems! Thanks again!

//odium33

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I am beginning planning on larger grow with multiple identical rooms, containing 11k watts per, open bulbs, sealed co2 enriched environment. Each room will contain an 8 burner co2 generator, and maybe a dehuey, with all other equipment and ballasts outside. The rooms will be built within a warehouse that is climate controlled, around 75F. the rooms will be framed out just like a house, then skinned with 1/2" osb board, and insulated. each room will have its own 24000btu split ac with blowers from the floor on each bulb, and wall mounted circulation fans. My question, will 24000btu be sufficient to cool 11k watts open bulb in the described setup? and would it be better to build the rooms 14' x 7' or 16' x 8' or larger. 14'x7' is all i need space wise, I am wondering if the room would stay cooler, being larger because there is more room to diffuse the heat, or smaller because the AC would be more effective against a smaller area. and input would be greatly appreciated! I have been lurking these forums for a while and finally decided to register, you have the best information here it seems! Thanks again!

//odium33

I am a HVAC pro. Bigger room will make it worse. 24k won't work. Should have 4000-5000 btu/hr a/c for each 1k bare bulb. Absolute min would be 36k but 48k is what you need. The 36k might work cause area surrounded room is also climate controlled.

O

odium33

cool thank you. what would be the best way to get 48k btu of cooling. that would be a 4 ton unit correct? I plan on having 6 seperate rooms, could i buy 3, 3 ton AC units, and have them installed to each work with two rooms. these rooms will be on a flop, or at least alternated, so the AC would only have 1 room at a time to work on. I dont know exactly how this would work with the zones and everything, just brainstorming.

Otherwise, you would recommend, the smallest allowable room, with 48k btu each, unless the larger atmosphere is climate controlled

O

odium33

decided to lower each room to 8 lights. go with a 36k btu AC each. seems an easier compromise than the 11k

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

decided to lower each room to 8 lights. go with a 36k btu AC each. seems an easier compromise than the 11k

Could do 2-24K minis per room also if you want to stay with 11K of lights per room.

O

odium33

oh thats a good idea! probably distribute the cooling power better, and give you the security of separate condensers, were something to happen to 1, the other should keep your plants alive

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

oh thats a good idea! probably distribute the cooling power better, and give you the security of separate condensers, were something to happen to 1, the other should keep your plants alive

Definitely and you don't have to downsize ur number of lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom