Help with homemade extractor

• Thread starter nickcapuano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nickcapuano

I have read about people using the SS turkey baster and will either use that or a piece of stainless steel pipe cut to length.

I need a little help figuring out how people are inserting the butane on the turkey baster. Is the baster tapered enough to just insert the butane nozzle or is there some sort of adapter being used?

Another question - if i just buy the pipe, what is the ideal length and diameter to use 1 can of butane? and what type of adapters are people using on this type of homemade extractor?

thanks

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Dude, you need to read alot more and read some more, your goin to blow yourself up goin at this all half cocked.

There are very complete tutorial threads here that lay it out step by step, start there...

Tex

S

spinkus

TK's right. I didn't have the slightest idea on how to even start making BHO a couple months ago. I read HMK's tutorial and now im making perfect batches everytime.

Some good advice: Read Hashmaster-Kut's tutorial at least 3-4 times throughout a day or two, so you can soak everything up. Then re-read it AGAIN right before you do your first run.

And dont half-ass it. If you can't do it right, or have the right materials, dont even try to do it. It's just not worth blowing yourself and/or others up...

Graywolf

Graywolf

I have read about people using the SS turkey baster and will either use that or a piece of stainless steel pipe cut to length.

I need a little help figuring out how people are inserting the butane on the turkey baster. Is the baster tapered enough to just insert the butane nozzle or is there some sort of adapter being used?

Another question - if i just buy the pipe, what is the ideal length and diameter to use 1 can of butane? and what type of adapters are people using on this type of homemade extractor?

thanks

Good advice above.

Assuming you have read it and have a different brand stainless turkey baster, the small diameter of the butane nozzle is about .130 inches and the next step about .155 inch.

With the stainless baster that I bought, I was able to just grab the needle with vice grips and twist it out of its press fit bore. The empty needle bore was a perfect size injection hole. Had it been too small, I would have drilled it larger.

GW

M

MedicalINFO

Man, I would consider water extraction, It is much more safe and healthy to make and smoke, also in most medical states water hash is legal :). BE CAREFUL!!

DON'T USE A TURKEY BASTER, If you cants find a glass tube made specifically for that application go get some heavy duty pvc

N

nickcapuano

Don't worry guys - no one is going to blow up here. I am not going to try making this for at least another 45 days. I have been reading about it for months now. I was just asking a question about the adapter where it butane is injected. Sorry if i missed that in all the threads on here- i will continue researching this.

Thanks Graywolf for the helpful advice.

M

MedicalINFO

If you are using pvc you can get a cap and drill a little hole in to the middle of the cap. Most filtered butane comes with a bunch of little plastic fittings, there will be one the size of your hole you drilled in the pvc cap......

It's all good this type of extraction is controversial because of the risk involved, and most people don't cook all of the butane out of the final product which makes it a health hazard

hope this helps

Graywolf

Graywolf

Man, I would consider water extraction, It is much more safe and healthy to make and smoke, also in most medical states water hash is legal :). BE CAREFUL!!

DON'T USE A TURKEY BASTER, If you cants find a glass tube made specifically for that application go get some heavy duty pvc

Ummmm, why not use a turkey baster bro?

18-8 (300 series) stainless actually works quite well for butane extraction, and that is what all the stainless basters that I have seen were made of.

All plastics are not created equal and I would actually recommend that you not use PVC, because it leaches plastisizers when you repeatedly sub zero it. XLPE, HDPE, PVDF, or Poly Propylene would be a better choice.

GW

M

MedicalINFO

you are right, I'm just throwing some things out there, this guy said he hasn't made oil before.

I used to use the glass tubes with the crushed glass screen and the rubber cork, I just haven't seen anyone use a turkey baster and was picturing some weird jank setup in my head

Graywolf

Graywolf

you are right, I'm just throwing some things out there, this guy said he hasn't made oil before.

I used to use the glass tubes with the crushed glass screen and the rubber cork, I just haven't seen anyone use a turkey baster and was picturing some weird jank setup in my head

We mostly use glass, but I made one of the stainless ones because it was so slick and it only cost me $10 at the local restaurant supply.

Interestingly every single pharmer who saw it not only laughed out loud, but wanted one. I actually ended up giving it away for a birthday present to someone with long red hair, who fell in love with it on sight.

If you haven't checked them out, you might give them a look for small runs.

GW

L

LEBDOG

I would read this entire thread, then get started... You have the time and this has the info! Good luck!

I got a honey bee, but would rather now have the o'kief's stainless steel one as it hold's more material.

N

nickcapuano

Good advice above.

Assuming you have read it and have a different brand stainless turkey baster, the small diameter of the butane nozzle is about .130 inches and the next step about .155 inch.

With the stainless baster that I bought, I was able to just grab the needle with vice grips and twist it out of its press fit bore. The empty needle bore was a perfect size injection hole. Had it been too small, I would have drilled it larger.

GW

I got the SS baster and removed the needle like you said and it was a perfect fit. Worked like a charm! Thank you very much for the info!!!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
honey bee

i bought a honey bee used it 2 times to make oil about 4 months apart went to make oil the 3rd time 4 months later and the top would not thread properly any longer ran with it like and like 1/2 squirted sideways. like the dude said i bought one of those turkey basters that they sell everywhere, pull the needle out with very little strength required. grab ya 2 coffee filters a stainless screen about 2" square(the hardest item to get)got mine at work, and a metal hose clamp a little bigger than the big end of the baster. stuff the baster with whatever you have(or want to use) to the big end, put 2 coffee filters with ss screen over the filters over the end(big) of the baster, bend around the baster, place clamp over screen/coffee filter/baster and tighten.get away from anything and inject your can of vector into the needle hole, while holding with an oven mit, over a pyrex dish of some sort. put in pan with hot water in it, when down to goo bring in and put in warm water on stove on lowest setting should be good when bubbles don't burn.sorry i was high

mal

Top Bottom