Help with humidifier setup

• Thread starter Fairytalez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any air being pumped into the room will cause co2 waste… even air pumps. As long as you dont have air pushed or pulled into the space you will loose insignificant amounts to the gap from the cold to hot side of a window shaker.

Do NOT use a single hose AC it will bleed co2 like a cut jugular

Anthem

Anthem

Any air being pumped into the room will cause co2 waste… even air pumps. As long as you dont have air pushed or pulled into the space you will loose insignificant amounts to the gap from the cold to hot side of a window shaker.

Do NOT use a single hose AC it will bleed co2 like a cut jugular
It is all a bad idea. If someone was on their say 5th or 10th grow and looking to increase output it might be a good idea to try something but not if this is the first run. Controllers and such are great for the varies requirements of AC lights on and lights off as well as Co2 enrichment and humidity and dehumidifier needs but that gets expense and complicated quick. Get a feel for things before jumping into the deep end. Sure there are ways to achieve what you want to do. Perhaps some sort of a ducted lung room will 1 1 2" foam assembly running from the window AC to the wood structure and a hole cut for the duct but I am afraid the amount of detail and effort needed to complete the work is not really worth the added benefit of CO2 enrichment.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is all a bad idea. If someone was on their say 5th or 10th grow and looking to increase output it might be a good idea to try something but not if this is the first run. Controllers and such are great for the varies requirements of AC lights on and lights off as well as Co2 enrichment and humidity and dehumidifier needs but that gets expense and complicated quick. Get a feel for things before jumping into the deep end. Sure there are ways to achieve what you want to do. Perhaps some sort of a ducted lung room will 1 1 2" foam assembly running from the window AC to the wood structure and a hole cut for the duct but I am afraid the amount of detail and effort needed to complete the work is not really worth the added benefit of CO2 enrichment.
Yeah depends on the reason but i agree. I did mine because i needed a sealed room for odor and venting outside was not an option for that reason also

Anthem

Anthem

I choose fresh air in because I don't find the risk reward of sealed and AC to be worth it on a small scale.
I am running sealed in a small scale and I kind of disagree. CO2 is probably the cheapest and easiest way to up your yield if you have full environmental control. But than again there was a guy on here about a year ago that got 3 pounds a light with no CO2. If anyone is interested look up the name SSHZ in the search bar.

Anthem

Anthem

I am running sealed in a small scale and I kind of disagree. CO2 is probably the cheapest and easiest way to up your yield if you have full environmental control. But than again there was a guy on here about a year ago that got 3 pounds a light with no CO2. If anyone is interested look up the name SSHZ in the search bar.
He was in the basement so his CO2 range could have been much higher as well. Some are saying basements are at like 1000 PPM's so he might have been most of the way there!

Ponky

Ponky

The cost of the bottles. The effort of carrying them upstairs and the size of the space being small just makes the fresh air in setup work for me. If I needed to grow extra weight I'd go sealed and CO2 with some air filters and do a full meal deal. But when it's just for smoke fresh air does a great job. CO2 is almost a must when you scale up.

Anthem

Anthem

The cost of the bottles. The effort of carrying them upstairs and the size of the space being small just makes the fresh air in setup work for me. If I needed to grow extra weight I'd go sealed and CO2 with some air filters and do a full meal deal. But when it's just for smoke fresh air does a great job. CO2 is almost a must when you scale up.
I know I kind of wish I would use it in Veg as well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Personally i kinda feel that was a bit wet still but yeah he does put on some great grows. I think he was using co2 bags also

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No doubt though that co2 will not only increase yield but also really decreases veg time.

I know in my room i could not veg more than 3 weeks but it was geight limited. None the less the growth was stupid fast

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Ok so check this out guys. I don't have an option for any kind of window unit. Only a portable. I can either put the AC inside the box, with the exhaust hose ported out to a window or I can have it outside the box and have a duct piped to it. That's my only options. Now what's this about a dual hose ac, like what would be the benefit of this? How does it work? I am more thinking that I am gonna have to have it outside the box and just run a duct into the side of the box. Not sure exactly how it's gonna go. I also cannot build ANY more lumber onto this box.. as far as lengthening, widening, making taller, etc etc. And.. can't build any secondary boxes onto or by it. The box is what I got and that's it. Now.. thoughts?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so check this out guys. I don't have an option for any kind of window unit. Only a portable. I can either put the AC inside the box, with the exhaust hose ported out to a window or I can have it outside the box and have a duct piped to it. That's my only options. Now what's this about a dual hose ac, like what would be the benefit of this? How does it work? I am more thinking that I am gonna have to have it outside the box and just run a duct into the side of the box. Not sure exactly how it's gonna go. I also cannot build ANY more lumber onto this box.. as far as lengthening, widening, making taller, etc etc. And.. can't build any secondary boxes onto or by it. The box is what I got and that's it. Now.. thoughts?
Wont work. Youll burn your co2 in no time as it will no longer be a sealed room.

You have to understand how they work not much i can help with here if you dont have options.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Wont work. Youll burn your co2 in no time as it will no longer be a sealed room
Well as I stated earlier.. I'm planning on doing more so a hybrid sealed room. Run the AC and CO2 on timers. And as far as pressure goes (since it would be having air piped into it from the side).. I would be putting some very small slices/holes (VERY small) somewhere on the opposite side, JUST to be able to control the pressure problem. If I were to have the AC inside the room, it would mean I wouldn't have to have a dehumidifier, but as one of you stated above.. I would be pumping CO2 out like cutting a jugular. In summation.. I have to weigh the pros and cons of either setup and figure which one would be the best or at least the most successful. I could have the CO2 come on for a time, keep my level of 1400 or so on for a time.. and then when either the level drops well enough, or it gets too hot.. kick on the AC.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well as I stated earlier.. I'm planning on doing more so a hybrid sealed room. Run the AC and CO2 on timers. And as far as pressure goes (since it would be having air piped into it from the side).. I would be putting some very small slices/holes (VERY small) somewhere on the opposite side, JUST to be able to control the pressure problem. If I were to have the AC inside the room, it would mean I wouldn't have to have a dehumidifier, but as one of you stated above.. I would be pumping CO2 out like cutting a jugular. In summation.. I have to weigh the pros and cons of either setup and figure which one would be the best or at least the most successful. I could have the CO2 come on very a time, keep my level of 1400 or so on for a time.. and then when either the level drops well enough, or it gets too hot.. kick on the AC.
Venting a room with co2 you may aswell drop it and vent the room period.

Timers wont work like that you may aswrll sit and plug and unplug the equipment you will never get it balanced as its always changing. I answered what was needed in many posts. I cant help more than that other than to say you will understand once you try to do what your thinking.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Venting a room with co2 you may aswell drop it and vent the room period.

Timers wont work like that you may aswrll sit and plug and unplug the equipment you will never get it balanced as its always changing. I answered what was needed in many posts. I cant help more than that other than to say you will understand once you try to do what your thinking.
Well I appreciate the help man. Thank you. I'm gonna roll the dice and see what I can do. Worst comes to worse.. just gonna be buying a bunch of CO2.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

And yea you need a duhumidifier with an AC as I explained earlier
Well if I had the ac in the box.. it dehumidifies down to 46%. So that's another benefit of having it inside. But if I put it outside.. it won't have that ability anymore and need to put a a dehumidifier in there. Oh! One other thing.. don't dehumidifiers pump out hot air?

Anthem

Anthem

Personally i kinda feel that was a bit wet still but yeah he does put on some great grows. I think he was using co2 bags also
I final want to test one of those bags. Myself I think the company selling them is full of shit. I want to take one and I guess stick in my veg and use a co2 controller to read the numbers. I think the stills are BS as well.

Anthem

Anthem

Well if I had the ac in the box.. it dehumidifies down to 46%. So that's another benefit of having it inside. But if I put it outside.. it won't have that ability anymore and need to put a a dehumidifier in there. Oh! One other thing.. don't dehumidifiers pump out hot air?
Dude honestly just listen to what the folks are telling you. You think they did not try some of these things. You have to either seal the room up and run an AC in the room or no CO2. Venting on timers sounds great until you start to realize the BTU load the lights add to the equation. Secondly, no AC only no good. Listen to what is being stated. Here is how it works. The lights go off, the ac goes off because there is no longer a heat load (BTU's) being added to the room. So the temperature goes not, but guess what the water in the air (humidity) stays in the air. As the temperature goes down guess what goes up? Humidity. Humidity is in direct relationship to the temperature. The higher the temperature the more water the air can support before reaching 100 percent humidity.
Just vent, get an AC and a dehumidifier. Lose the CO2

Latest posts

Top Bottom