Help with humidifier setup

• Thread starter Fairytalez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well if I had the ac in the box.. it dehumidifies down to 46%. So that's another benefit of having it inside. But if I put it outside.. it won't have that ability anymore and need to put a a dehumidifier in there. Oh! One other thing.. don't dehumidifiers pump out hot air?
So does AC and like i explained above an AC will only pull moisture as its running.

AC and dehueys work the same dam way and both produce more heat than cooling the difference being and AC seperates the hot and cold coils and a dehuey does not.

This is a very bad plan and i promise you it will not work but sometimes you need to learn things on your own and i can respect that

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Lol thanks man. I can find a way. I don't know if they exist or not but I would hope that there is a dehumidifier with a heat exhaust via a duct line. Worse comes to worse I can always jerry it up. Crossing fingers lol

crossfader

crossfader

Good luck with your plan but I'd listen to these guys trying to help you, they've been where you are at one point or another (as most of us have!) and can see the issues you will run into. But like Aqua Man says do what you think is going to produce the best results for you. But solid info and help is being offered here.

Many times here I have seen good solid advice go to waste because there are those who think they can get around the grow issues by either ignoring or thinking they know better...than the guys who have been there and succeeded. Just putting it out there, good luck again! ✌

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well I appreciate the help man. Thank you. I'm gonna roll the dice and see what I can do. Worst comes to worse.. just gonna be buying a bunch of CO2.
I think you might want to start out without CO2 on the first run personally. With your limitations, it seems that it will be very ineffective.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Good luck with your plan but I'd listen to these guys trying to help you, they've been where you are at one point or another (as most of us have!) and can see the issues you will run into. But like Aqua Man says do what you think is going to produce the best results for you. But solid info and help is being offered here.

Many times here I have seen good solid advice go to waste because there are those who think they can get around the grow issues by either ignoring or thinking they know better...than the guys who have been there and succeeded. Just putting it out there, good luck again! ✌
Well I do appreciate all the help, and it's not that I'm not accepting the help, it's just that I am kinda stuck in my situation. Dad won't let me build anything more to the box, I don't have a window unit to put in the box, mom won't let me get a window unit cause she says "It's an eye soar from outside! I don't want my house looking ghetto" (real quote), and the only two options that I have is either running the AC in the box or outside of the box. And since those are my only two options, and the box must be cooled, the only thing that seems like a doable thing is to put the CO2 on a timer and have to just be getting bunches of CO2 on the regular. I DO appreciate all the help, I really do.. it's just that because of my folks and the fact that I live under their roof.. I have to go by their rules. And those rules are putting me in in quite a pickle.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dude honestly just listen to what the folks are telling you. You think they did not try some of these things. You have to either seal the room up and run an AC in the room or no CO2. Venting on timers sounds great until you start to realize the BTU load the lights add to the equation. Secondly, no AC only no good. Listen to what is being stated. Here is how it works. The lights go off, the ac goes off because there is no longer a heat load (BTU's) being added to the room. So the temperature goes not, but guess what the water in the air (humidity) stays in the air. As the temperature goes down guess what goes up? Humidity. Humidity is in direct relationship to the temperature. The higher the temperature the more water the air can support before reaching 100 percent humidity.
Just vent, get an AC and a dehumidifier. Lose the CO2
Yup or do what’s necessary to run co2 thats the only 2 viable options
Well I do appreciate all the help, and it's not that I'm not accepting the help, it's just that I am kinda stuck in my situation. Dad won't let me build anything more to the box, I don't have a window unit to put in the box, mom won't let me get a window unit cause she says "It's an eye soar from outside! I don't want my house looking ghetto" (real quote), and the only two options that I have is either running the AC in the box or outside of the box. And since those are my only two options, and the box must be cooled, the only thing that seems like a doable thing is to put the CO2 on a timer and have to just be getting bunches of CO2 on the regular. I DO appreciate all the help, I really do.. it's just that because of my folks and the fact that I live under their roof.. I have to go by their rules. And those rules are putting me in in quite a pickle.
the window ac only needs to be mounted in the box with the back side out of the box. It doesnt need to be outside. You collect the condensate with a drip tray. I needs to be installed slightly tilted back so the consensate runs to the got side just like when installed into a window. Ill see if i can dig up pics of one i put into a door but you can see in my previous pic how its mounted in my grow box. Then on the ouside i just had a 5gal pail to collect the condensate

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You need a co2 controller imo a timer is just not going to cut it although it can work in a pinch but it’s unreliable and will be a pita. I suggest inkbird co2 controller (not monitor) or what i used was an autopilot 8200.

Maybe ink bird can help you fond a good option. @INKBIRD any input here? Or combo set that may help him out?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On the otherside of this door is the backside of the AC with a 5gal pail to collect the condensate

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

He is going to do what he wants no more sense in trying to prevent the upcoming failure. Some people just need to learn for themselves.
Yeah i know just hard to watch someone create a struggle they dont need to. Costs of seeds, media etc. for failure is a hard pill to swallow and in the end costs much more than doing it right

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

You need a co2 controller imo a timer is just not going to cut it although it can work in a pinch but it’s unreliable and will be a pita. I suggest inkbird co2 controller (not monitor) or what i used was an autopilot 8200.

Maybe ink bird can help you fond a good option. @INKBIRD any input here? Or combo set that may help him out?
I have a auto pilot controller. Same one. I was gonna put it on a timer so that it doesn't just steady input 12 hours a day. Gonna have to sacrifice some of the CO2 with AC off and on on a timer as well. Like.. timer at opposite times. As far as the window unit goes.. can't do it with it hanging just out the box.. cause that would be in my room and blowing out all of that heat. Our house AC is dead right now. That would make my bedroom excruciating 😂

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

And look guys.. I wasn't just saying that when I said I really do appreciate it, I'm just stuck apparently. What I was trying to do with this post is see if there was anything else I could accomplish. Apparently.. I'm stuck more than I knew. Looks like now.. because of my only available options.. no matter which way I go I am gonna be losing a lot of CO2. The only thing I can think of now is.. probably gonna be buying a bunch of it lol BUT.. again.. I'm not trying to be a douche to you guys, I wouldn't be posting if I was gonna be like that. I have accepted all of you guys's info. And it looks like I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and be constantly going to airgas :/

Ponky

Ponky

I am of the school that cost per gram and the degradation of the grow space with your intended setup with moisture won't result in a net positive. Where as running duct fans and air filters I feel would give you the most yield of the highest quality with the fewest fungus issues. With far less power draw. I'd rather have a duct fan feeding the box filtered air and just air condition the room the box is in. Moisture and energy costs and scale being my reasoning.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

I am of the school that cost per gram and the degradation of the grow space with your intended setup with moisture won't result in a net positive. Where as running duct fans and air filters I feel would give you the most yield of the highest quality with the fewest fungus issues. With far less power draw. I'd rather have a duct fan feeding the box filtered air and just air condition the room the box is in. Moisture and energy costs and scale being my reasoning.
Well I do have a 22" ac infinity carbon filter and fan. I was gonna run it vertically on the left side so I can keep my height. I was either gonna run the AC inside,or run it outside with a duct going to it. That's my literal only options. And not by choice.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

the only thing that seems like a doable thing is to put the CO2 on a timer and have to just be getting bunches of CO2 on the regular. I DO appreciate all the help, I really do.. it's just that because of my folks and the fact that I live under their roof.. I have to go by their rules. And those rules are putting me in in quite a pickle.
Going back, it looks like this is in your bedroom.

I'll caution you that if you do this wrong, you will be actively pulling CO2 from the bottle and putting it in your bedroom.

PLEASE do not sleep in there with what amounts to an open bottle of CO2 in your bedroom. Bad stuff can happen as CO2 displaces O2 from the floor up.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Going back, it looks like this is in your bedroom.

I'll caution you that if you do this wrong, you will be actively pulling CO2 from the bottle and putting it in your bedroom.

PLEASE do not sleep in there with what amounts to an open bottle of CO2 in your bedroom. Bad stuff can happen as CO2 displaces O2 from the floor up.
Yeah that is a worry I have as well. That's why the better option is to have it inside the tent (at least for that HUGE reason), and the exhaust air that the AC makes I can exhaust out the window through a hole in the box I could make. And just have the AC on sometimes, and the CO2 on sometimes. Basically have the AC on for a bit.. get it nice and cool, then the AC turns off and the CO2 kicks on for a while.. gets it to 1400 ppm for a while.. and only have the AC kick on when it starts to get too hot. Then just repeat the cycle back and forth. And yeah.. I agree with you. If I ran the ac out of the box, it would then be pumping cold air into the box, and because of pressure.. the small tiny holes drilled up top would be venting CO2 in my room. Having it inside the box would negate that to a quite minimal level. So yeah.. I think you just answered the big question to my original post. I HAVE to put the AC inside the box, exhaust venting out the window. Gonna be losing CO2 here and there, and gonna be buying quite a bit.. but.. I have no other choice. It's either that or risk possible death. And hey! I already am immunocompromised, CO2 pumping into my room sounds GREAT! lol So.. thank you.. you just answered my big question on what to do. :)

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Oh and as far cost per gram goes. I'm in Louisiana. We only have two growers in all of Louisiana. So when I go to the dispensary, it is not only costing almost 80 bucks (or more!) for around 4 grams, I also am at their whim when it comes to what I am given. And I have a heart condition, so I can't really be taking anything less than a 70% indica. So though expensive with all of the CO2 I'm probably gonna be having to buy, it's a matter of my health. So I bought a whole bunch of differing varieties to that are strongly Indica so I won't be stuck with our crappy dispensary situation we have going on. We are still only starting out here in Louisiana with our medical marijuana program, so yeah.. pretty limited.

Ponky

Ponky

Well your going to want to monitor that CO2. But if it means you have to run an AC that's a whole other tent you could have a light and a duct fan in. Cropping another 1.3 to 2 p's. Air conditioner is like 800 to 1275 watts. That's a lot of juice. If the CO2 fails and leaks out into the bedroom you won't wake up to notice. So I can't tell you not to. If you're going to please install redundant CO2 monitor with alarm for the sleeping area. There is no OSHA for bros. But like the power of one room air conditioner is enough to crop a pound of weed a month. Using a light and duct fan instead.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Well your going to want to monitor that CO2. But if it means you have to run an AC that's a whole other tent you could have a light and a duct fan in. Cropping another 1.3 to 2 p's. Air conditioner is like 800 to 1275 watts. That's a lot of juice. If the CO2 fails and leaks out into the bedroom you won't wake up to notice. So I can't tell you not to. If you're going to please install redundant CO2 monitor with alarm for the sleeping area. There is no OSHA for bros. But like the power of one room air conditioner is enough to crop a pound of weed a month. Using a light and duct fan instead.
Yeah I'm right there with ya bud. I SO so wish I could have another room to vent any exhausted CO2 too. But.. this is all that I'm allowed to build. And believe me when I say that.. I had to fight tooth and nail to let me build as big as it is lol And this is gonna make you guys laugh. I'm allowed to build this box.. as far as my mom is concerned.. because she thinks I'm growing shrooms. But IF she were to find out that it's for Cannabis.. even though I am ON the medical marijuana program (growing not allowed yet though) she would be FURIOUS! And more than likely all things weed related would come to a stop. Weed bad.. but psychedelic shrooms? NOOO problem! 😂 I know I know.. my family is weird lol

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Oh and yes.. I have TWO outside monitors actually. One right outside my room, and one that I am gonna have right by my bed so there is hopefully no mistakes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom