Help With Humidity Dome and Seedlings

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hi everyone,

I'm a new grower and have only grown once before (many years ago). I'm about to sprout some new seeds and I'm using a new method (Riot Root Plugs inside of a humidity dome with a seedling tray warmer). I have a sensor in the dome to test the conditions before I start my seeds in there. It seems the temp is running around 85 degrees and humidity (with nothing in the dome) at 29%. I raised the seedling tray off the warmer with a couple pencils and am seeing if that makes a difference. Am I going to stress my new seeds if the temp doesn't get down to 78ish degrees? I'm running Sun Blaze T5 High Output Fluorescents about a foot above the top of the dome. Should I raise it another foot? Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can provide!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey rapper , raise the light .... Try to get down to 80 , 85 is a bit too hot
Maybe remove the dome , or play around with the heating mat ..... You should be ok

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Thanks for the advise! That's what I was thinking, I'll keep messing with it and get it where it needs to be.

Madmax

Madmax

You dont need a light till they come up,just an area which is warm .soon as you see them then put a light over them..my experience with domes makes em stretch too much .my seedlings when came up light was 18' away at 10k lux...and they stretched too much so i lowered it to 6 1/2 away lights are 24wx4 t5ho .that stopped them stretching then i moved light up to 8 1/2 inches and they are going well .heat mats and domes are not needed..

a4twenty

a4twenty

humidity domes are not required for seeds though they can be usefull to help prevent your media from drying out. but as stated above you don't need light until there is something green and once there is something green the dome should be removed.

good luck

No3r

No3r

Warm dark place til they pop. Then put in your dome and they will be fine. Turn the dome so it’s not fully sealed and more air can get in, this will help with temps that are too high, or if you have the domes with the air inltets you can mess with those as well. Good luck!

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm loving this forum! You answered a lot. I'll definitely keep pics of my grow so I can post when ready. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom