Help with "ICE"

• Thread starter brewmaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brewmaster

Hi All,

I have been flowering Nivana Seed's ICE for almost 60 days now. From about day 20 I have been seeing a Calcium and Magnesium deficiency. From what I have read about the strain is that it is a nutrient hog. Eventually the deficiency spread to an overall deficiency because I was not giving her enough nutrients. I corrected the overall deficiency with more nutrients but the calcium and magnesium deficiency is still there. I have another in early flower too and I want to try and avoid these deficiencies.

General Info
Nutrients: BC Boost & BC Bloom(1500 ppm), Awesome Blossom, Purple Maxx, Sugar Daddy, and CalMag.
Initial Water pH: 6.5
Growing Medium: Soil
Current Soil pH: ~8 (just found out last night and am attempting to fix. I do not adjust my fertilizer solution so I am assuming its a little basic).
Light: 600 w hps

From what I have read it seems that having acidic soil would cause a inability for the roots to uptake calcium and magnesium but does it go the other direction as well?

Any other suggestions on keeping the next plant on track would be much appreciated.

Cheers

PS I will post some pictures tonight.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Goes both ways

You need some ph down, your ph is too high. Should be around 6, you will see your plants green up if you lower the ph of your water/ nutrient solution. I would run a couple of gallons of a low ph water thru each pot to correct the problem, flush your plants with a low (4-5) ph to get the ph in your pots lower. You can check the runoff as you go and it should go down as you add the lower ph water. Hope this makes sense, the weed is getting to me

mal

B

brewmaster

Here are the pictures that I promised... Buds look and smell amazing but the fan leaves are terrible.

Best4web00001
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it's overdosed on Ca, possibly Mg, overfed altogether. Do what mal said, then watch.

Melvan

Melvan

mal and seamaiden are giving good advice, following it would be very smart.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yep theyre pretty much right on
id flush rather than run my ph that low tho

vaporedout

vaporedout

man, i did ice a couple of grows ago. do you have any whole plant shots? i just like seeing how similar they looked. my ice was done pretty quick, how long do you plan on takin these? one of my friends said it looked like ice cubes, they were so frosty.

B

brewmaster

Im going to take it 66 days. The buds look like someone has rolled them in powdered sugar! I have another strain called Venus Fly Trap from Nirvana that is even more crystally with a nice mango skunky scent. Cutting both the ICE and Venus Fly trap in two and will post how they are.

G

gudkarma

I think it's overdosed on Ca, possibly Mg, overfed altogether. Do what mal said, then watch.

i totally agree.

you dont mention if you're using r/o water.

if using tap, then you do not need the CalMg.

i don't use r/o water in my rezzys (but do in my foliar apps) so i adjust accordingly.

my ppms at the tap are 178... if i am shooting for 1000ppm of nutes ...my target ppm is 1178.

G

Gartner

Here are the pictures that I promised... Buds look and smell amazing but the fan leaves are terrible.

Your plants got some disease due, to over nutrition content, I think there is more acid content in the soil, or is it a burn,,,
Both over watering,fertilizers harm the flowers, too much of anything is not good.... for a better growth...

:harvest::anim_09:

Top Bottom