Help with ideas?

• Thread starter 3grambowl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

3grambowl

Hey guys, so here is my sitch;
I have a 5x10 tent w 3k in a 11 x 12 extra room I have. I have 3 8" raptor hoods, was planning on fully venting them out of the tent. So the thing is the room is somewhat sealed. I'm going to use co2, so I guess this is what I'm getting at, with a sealed room w co2, can I use my 10" can fan to air cool the lights and vent out of the tent, and just rock a evaporative cooler in the tent to keep the temps down? I know co2 will be exhausting but I have a setup that will get it to them plenty. But with the hot air going into the rest of the sealed room, you think that would work? I also have two extra filters, one is 42" and the other is a small 12" one. Was thinking about like filter>lights>fan out of tent and then just have one recirculating in the room like stand alone.
Btw I just think it will work because my temps w no lights is 60 always and rh% is only like 25. So with the evaporative cooler I should see better swings in both places, right? Please suggestions thanks. Peace
3gb

3grambowl

Other than heat I think my main concern is fresh air. But logically I think if co2 is being dispensed and the plants turn it into oxygen they themselves are creating the fresh air right? Someone told me something about ethylene build up or something but as long as I go in there every now and then it should solve that
3gb

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

fresh air for the plants is air that has had the c02 replenished, so by adding co2, you don't need to worry about air exchange, just turn off the co2 during the night cycle. And I'm pretty sure the ethylene buildup is from a burner not properly or fully burning the gas... gettogro was having that problem.

Cort

Cort

Evap coolers rock but wont work as you are describing. They take dry air and pull it over wet pads. This causes evaporation and thus cooling. The more humid the air coming in, the less water can evaporate and the cooling power declines. Eventually the air in a closed room with a swamp cooler will reach an equilibrium with the air so humid NO evap can take place and you get zero cooling power.

Air conditioner + CO2 or Evap cooler and fresh air.

Some folks use a fuzzy logic controller so there is a cycle, seal the tent- co2 kicks on to set point- system waits for a period of time before kicking the fans on and exhausting all the warm air, trading for cool fresh air- seals the tent...

Them controllers are spendy and I never used one so you'll have to get those answers from a bigger brain than I.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

are you able to duct cool air for the lights from the outside world or at least outside the larger room the tent is in? if you can and you are hooking up a ten inch fan that should do the trick. controllers are awesome!

Latest posts

Top Bottom