Help with leaves starting to curl up

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi everyone , new member to this site and first time post and grower.

hope I have posted in the correct section also.

can anyone help me with the issue I have with some of the leavers curling up.

plants about 3 weeks old
Medium coco coir with perlite mix
600w led light
Green planet nutrients on the easy beginner schedule

humity hovers at around %60
Temps do not exceed 31 degrees celcius

not sure if I’ve been watering them too much maybe ? Every day with nutrients at 1.75ml to litre of part a and part b. Read you cannot overwater in coco ?

do not know about the ec? Not sure if that’s even spelt right or how I measure the waste. I have just drain to pot trays and vacuum it up
Help with leaves starting to curl up
Help with leaves starting to curl up 2
Help with leaves starting to curl up 3

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

I don't see any signs of overwatering, but kinda hard to see much under blurples

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

That's almost 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Get em down to 80 at least. I keep mine around 77, or 25c
How do I reduce the temp in there ? There at around 28 degrees now , it was high yesterday due to hot weather

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Need to know more about your space to know. Are you in an enclosed area? You probably need a fan to exhaust the heat to a different area and an intake where cooler air is coming in. You've got to be in control of the weather in there. If not, things are gonna get really hectic in there come hotter and colder months

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Need to know more about your space to know. Are you in an enclosed area? You probably need a fan to exhaust the heat to a different area and an intake where cooler air is coming in. You've got to be in control of the weather in there. If not, things are gonna get really hectic in there come hotter and colder months
Currently in a 1.2x1.2 x 2meter enclosed tent , exhaust fan connected and venting out , passive air intake

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I’m also running the led light 18/6 at the moment as their auto flowering .

when the lights on the exhaust is running constant for 18hrs , At lights off the exhaust runs 15min on and 45 off for the dark period

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

What temp is the room the tent is in? And what's the true wattage of the light? Cfm rating on your fan?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

What temp is the room the tent is in? And what's the true wattage of the light? Cfm rating on your fan?
The exhaust fan is 190cfm

Will check the room temp, had a hot day yesterday

not sure on the true wattage of the light but this was the add I bought it from
96C5DB21 10F8 4784 A579 E16A75067842
4CF18BF8 2C5E 48BE 8F2D 6032376056DE

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Ive got the same size tent and run an AC Infinity t8. It's 800 cfm I think. Which is definitely overkill(might still use it to run a 2nd tent), but it's easier on the fan and allows it to run at lower speeds, keeping the noise down. I always run HID lighting though, so I'm used to dealing with far more heat than LEDs. If I were you, I'd look into AC Infinity fans. The come with temperature/rh probes and have multiple ways to program the controller. Pricing is very competitive

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I agree with crustycorcus, temps are a bit high. Lots of options for resolving that.

I don't see any signs of overfeeding, the way the leaves are curling aren't indicative of that. I'm most partial to thinking the temps are simply too high.

With coco, make sure you're fertigating adequately, and often. You DO NOT want it to dry out. If it dries out, you'll need to flush it then feed again because of salt build up.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

T
I agree with crustycorcus, temps are a bit high. Lots of options for resolving that.

I don't see any signs of overfeeding, the way the leaves are curling aren't indicative of that. I'm most partial to thinking the temps are simply too high.

With coco, make sure you're fertigating adequately, and often. You DO NOT want it to dry out. If it dries out, you'll need to flush it then feed again because of salt build up.
hanks. You , appreciate it. I have been fertifating daily as using green planet nutrients and following the basic schedule . I let %10-%20 run off.
Not too sure how I get temps down . It’s really only a problem on hot days / the room gets quite stuffy also

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Not too sure how I get temps down
Open the door to the room the tent is in, crack a window, unzip the door on the tent, plenty of ways that are free. I do two of those things: open the door and open the window. Since it's winter where I'm at, opening the window works great. Might be 40F outside, but in the room it stays ~70F.

SntWick

SntWick

Where is your fan set up, top or bottom of space. If so and you are able to, have the exhaust set up above light so any heat dissipating can escape right from source . Remember heat rises. So best to have exhaust up top.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Where is your fan set up, top or bottom of space. If so and you are able to, have the exhaust set up above light so any heat dissipating can escape right from source . Remember heat rises. So best to have exhaust up top.
Yeah I have the exhaust carbon filter and fan up top extracting and just a passive intake at the bottom . Small clip on fan lightly blowing over the plants

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Open the door to the room the tent is in, crack a window, unzip the door on the tent, plenty of ways that are free. I do two of those things: open the door and open the window. Since it's winter where I'm at, opening the window works great. Might be 40F outside, but in the room it stays ~70F.
I’ve just set up my extraction to vent out the roof of the house so that may help a bit too

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Average temps anywhere from 24 degrees celcuis up to 31 degrees celcuis on very hot days . Normally sits around the 28 degrees . That’s why I couldn’t understand the curling of leaves , mind you the second plant is fine

SntWick

SntWick

I’ve just set up my extraction to vent out the roof of the house so that may help a bit too
Honestly, the leaves curling in like that don’t even look like cause of heat. They are hiding themselves from the intensity of the light. Curling in to shade themselves

SntWick

SntWick

I believe your light comes with a dimmer, try dimming it down a bit, they are still young and cranking the full 600 might be bothering her. Plants are fickal. One might love something and the other not. See if dimming the intensity helps, sure as hell will help with the heat issue

Latest posts

Top Bottom