Help with lighting and ventilation requirements

• Thread starter elriraikn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elriraikn

I just purchased a 4'x4'x6.5' grow tent. I was thinking of using two 600w hps lights, is this overkill or correct for my tents 4'x4' space? If i am using this set up with co2 i should use seperate inline fans for the light hoods so any thoughts on a good set up for two seperate 600w hoods with 4 inch openings(i have a 6 inch inline fan someone gave me, can i split this between the two lights)? Also what would be an appropriate size carbon filter and it's accompanying inline fan for this area? Any insight or suggestions would be much appreciated.

L

LEBDOG

Here's for Starters...

You'd do perfectly with a single 1000 for that 4x4 space!
I think that a single 1000 will work better than 2-600's if you go taller (which I would - 5 feet). I would go bucket in bucket style (many bucket styles to choose).

2 - 600's are overkill & not enough all at once 'cause your top nugs will be great, but you bottom nugs will be fluff.
You can easily use 1 fan with the 2 - 600's (I promise no problem).

I would really be impressed with 1 - NEW 1500 Watt Light and like to see you try to run 4 - 6 Foot plants! I can guarantee you at least 1/2lb a plant that way!

Research RDWC systems if you wanna peak!

A 33 sized filter will be fine, but I would go with a Phat Filter (8'x39"). Also get the Vortex 8" Fan.

Get a Magnum XXXL "ocho" reflector.

I spec'd you to good stuff so you don't buy crap you will need to resell or upgrade...
Thanks an incredible start my friend! Good luck!

E

elriraikn

Thanks, I've already got one 600 watt hps, do you think that alone will be enough?

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
The ocho is a great reflector and you may want to check out that Deep water culture if you are limited on space. The 600 should work if thats what ya got other wise maybe a 1000watter. Good luck

E

elriraikn

thanks for the tips... just picked up some cali connection sour og and this is my first grow so ill post some pics as time goes on

L

LivingTheDream

listen to lebdog! He knows what he is talking about!!

20north

i like the 750w lamps if you could pick up one of those for flower that would be good

the 1000w will do a bit more on the lower parts of the plants the 1000w is more money if you dont care about that then i would really use a 1000w under a 4x4 if you can handle the heat!

Top Bottom