help with lighting question

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I just purchased 2 Magnum XXXL reflectors, 1000w in designing my room how far should I space these size reflectors. Space is 12l x 10 w x 10 h

I want to be sure to get the optimum coverage in my space. Is there any criteria I need to follow in hanging the system? Will run them parallel to each other with carbon and a can fan to push air thru the hoods and exhaust in to attic space.

Any input is appreciated.

hiboy

hiboy

u need more lights for 12' long x 10 ' wide
u have 120 sq ft of grow space with 2000 watts
thats only 16.6 watts per sq ft.
minimum is 50 watts per sq ft
h:mad0233:

S

smokinrav

While I agree that's not enough light for his space, stating that 50 wpsf is some kind of minimum is simply not true. There are plenty of examples of 20 wpsf and above grows that have been very successful, my own grows included.

hiboy

hiboy

ok.
keep believing that, when u step up then you'll realize.
what a difference i noticed.

h

S

smokinrav

Generalizing about growing cannabis is a quick way to make you look like you know less than you think you do.

hiboy

hiboy

Generalizing about growing cannabis is a quick way to make you look like you know less than you think you do.

theres a guidline to follow for growing, and with his info i stated the basics for him to understand. simple and plain. success can be acheived many ways, but the more light you have the more penetration, intensity, all bonuses. ive always rocked it hard, doubt with less lights it wouldnt be close.hell i dont know it all, not even half but i know less aint best in this situation. last comment for me here:hi
h

damn those were big buds papa... 9 lbs off 24 6" cubes
'
i put a sombrero whenever i went in.. if not ild be fried

Papa

Papa

Supporter
jumpincactus, what's your growing style in this room? a lot will depend on that.

for instance, if you're doing a 4x8 table within the room, those two Magnum reflectors may work very nicely.

however, if you're expecting to light the entire 120 sq. ft., i'd be looking for more light.

as an example of what hiboy is referring to (and this is for a vertical lighting layout, not hoods) see:

btw hiboy, i just ran across your post about your 111w/sq. ft.
now that's steppin up!

Papa

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The room is going to be a split room I am only really lighting half the actual room size.

What I was trying to detrmine is how far apart should I hang the 2 Magnums. Distance between the 2. I am not trying to illuminate the enire square footage.

Just trying to see if there was some set formula for factoring spacing.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wouldn't you know it- first page of the guy's thread about a serious question, and we already have a pissing contest...

I run the same hoods, and those two will be fine for anywhere from 4 x 8 up to 5 x 10. That said, they're still stationary lights and the plants directly underneath them will get a lot more light than the ones on the edges- and will grow a lot better.

You also didn't mention anything about the rest of your environmental factors, like what you're growing in, how you'll manage temps, humidity and CO2- and whether this will be for both veg and bloom, or a bloom only room.

Important detail; run the ducting through the hoods and PULL the air thru them with your canfan and then out the window, don't push.

When (not if!) you install reflectant around the edges of your canopy, put the stuff right at the edge of the grow, don't put a walkway between it and the plants, or you'll render it all but useless.

Top Bottom