help with mini GH / outdoor cover

• Thread starter mrduke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrduke

i live in the north bay of cali and the fog is really starting to get heavy every day, its almost like a light mist til around 10 or noon on bad days. whats the easiest way to keep these dry but still have good air flow and allow pleant of light to them? they only cover a 8x8 area in the backyard

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
build a hoop frame and use clear visquene , aka pvc schedule 20 and some clear plastic

M

mrduke

yeah i was just out looking at them and all the leafs a damp so looks like i got some labor for labor day. yeah jumping up and down!!

cannabeans

cannabeans

a hoop house?

i think that if you build a hoop house over your plants, you will be trapping the humidity under the plastic, and asking for more mold! you will also be restricting the natural air flow around the plants, which will help mold growth as well.
if you could.... i would put oscillating fans out there and keep the air moving without putting plastic film over them...good luck!

M

mrduke

i just finished adding a lean-two style canopy over the girls and while checking around found a couple big fat happy catipillers ( i think they were at least) these little prick's munched off 3-4 nice lookin buds so death to them. any sure fire way to keep them away??

P

Purple Grapes

Set up the greenhouse and put in a dehumidifier. For about 200$ you can get one and attach a hose to it. Turn on the desired humidity and it goes to work. I'm in the bay south of you, and we have overcast until 8-9 every morning. The dehumidifier works great.

G

Greenest Thumb

Green worms

Growers,

I know this thread is 6 months old...

But I hate them greeeeeen worms too!

Honestly brother you are in Cali, like me, so your not going to get rid of them bastards...

Until I built a professional hybrid Greenhouse/Indoor Chamber (4 walls, lights, exhausts, fans, Co2, intakes, Solex ceiling, etc...) I was vexed too!:mad0229:

These green worms are laid by our Cali butterflies (they fly around looking for vegetating conifer type plants to lay there larva inside)

Sadly, for us our Ganja plants, Indica or Sativa, provide the perfect medium for the beautiful winged ones to propagate thier species at our expense!;(

The larva will hatch by the time the first flower clusters are forming around them...

Then by the time you harvest 7 to 10 weeks later (depending on strains) your beautiful looking herbs have been feasted on from the inside out and worse yet the green icky wiggling bastards poop black balls of feces everywhere as your once kine buds are reduced to dried out crap!:no

Literally...:sign0055:

So brothers build a completely enclosed show while still using the mighty Aztec SUN and the green worm bane will be a thing of your past n not your presents nightmares!:pimp:

Too much medicine & $$$ to be lost to pestilence of this magnitude...:winking0067:

I have fought em all: black gnats, aphids, spider mites, powder mildew, green worms, etc...:bug

IMHO the evil green (Ganja Worms Hhhaaa) are the worst thing that can happens to a newbie or pro in regards to a devastating, stealth driven catastrophe in your garden! I tried everything from 1997 to 2010 outdoors but until I built a real sealed Green House the worms were a constant menace to my profit margin... :bug

I once lost over 2lbs of Super Silver Haze off of a 9ft monster over 2/3rds were destroyed by the green worms... ;(

That was the last straw for me after having invested over 5 months of time & love I had enough!:thinking

So that is my best advice guys I hope it helps someone out there who maybe new to the wilds of the outdoor game...:winking0067:

Seriously, in our particular climate n region worms are no joke!:bug

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

i agree with that, you really just need a screen house to protect them dont even have to have plastic or glass as long as butterflies cant get in your good. we were hit pretty hard with those last year and the most amount of time spent on the crop pretty much all day was spend looking for them. it was nice to watch them get eaten by my chickens after and the hens sure were happy.

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

i dont think 40 wide would quite cover you then but then again leaving a little bit open on the bottom of the sides would help circulation and still provide the cover from the rain. so depending on your climate that may be a good option.

Top Bottom