Help with mixing Jack’s Professional 5-12-26 Hydroponic

• Thread starter JesterDev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JesterDev

Been reading the sticky above for a awhile now. Going to place an order today, but wanted some help with mixing. I have some 20 plants and buying nutes is getting too expensive. I only have experience with the liquid nutes I get at the hydro store.

Is there a breakdown of how to mix Jacks nutes? I water with 1 Gallon jugs. I understand it depends on the stage of the plant. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just worked my way through a calcium toxicity and do not want to go through that again.

Also getting the calcium mix btw.

Growing in Coco.

M

Mr.Flowers

Greetings Jester, Jacks hydro mix in coco is too high in potassium (K), In my experience. you may want to consider another option. At a 1 gallon jug scale you may want to think about purchasing one pound bags of inorganic mineral salt fertilizers like calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate, mono-potassium phosphate, potassium sulfate and creating your own personal mix. Howard M. Resh. Hydroponic Food Production is the quote un quote bible of hydroponics and It could be a tremendous help.

splakdawg

splakdawg

I'm with flowers I love jacks for the first 4 weeks of bloom and then everything took a nosedive afterwards from a n toxicity but still kickinging .Simple but it takes some tinkering to fully dial in

J

JesterDev

Thanks for the advice. I'm still rather new to growing and like I said, I've only used the liquid nutrients. I can figure out where to buy these, shouldn't be hard to find. But my question is what about flowering? Any suggestions there? And will the above work my plants needs throughout the veg stage? Looking at worm castings as well since I am not going the Jacks route. I do not need more issues.

Started this quest for cheaper nutrients with a look at kelp, ended up here and the quest continues.

feslope

feslope

JRPeters has other hydro blends. I am using their Hydro Feed with coco (Slacker Aeration) and RO water and nothing else. Six weeks from seed all is well. They are really great on the phone and will answer your questions.

J

JesterDev

Do you have a journal or some way to follow your grow?

Thinking Maxibloom might be my best bet using the KISS method, but I would like to see how your grow goes. I would not know how and at what measurements to mix my own. I was all for it till I started trying to figure that part out. Maxibloom is cheaper than what I've been using, but still not a as cheap as JRPeters.

I just don't want to end up with another toxicity issue, stunted my plants growth and set me back a few weeks.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
add in this order:

JAcks hydro
Cal nitrate
epsom

Make sure each is dissolved before adding next one.

done.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I always thought u were suppose to add the epsom before the cal nitrate ?

aw fuck you're right I was typing too fast. Although if they are dissolved fully it wont really matter. I have have done it in the wrong order and not seen precipitate.

to correct:
1) hydro
2) EPSOM
3) cal nit.

J

JesterDev

So has anyone taken their plants all the way through to harvest with JRPeters nutes with no issues in COCO Coir?

Still thinking Maxibloom, but holding off on ordering anything. I know this is more strain specific, but still. How would I prevent K toxicity? Currently running GH Duo and watering every 3 days with nutes, the rest of the time it's PH'd water, maybe this will work with JRPeters.

It's just allot of money to spend on nutes that I will end up not using due to issues.

splakdawg

splakdawg

aw fuck you're right I was typing too fast. Although if they are dissolved fully it wont really matter. I have have done it in the wrong order and not seen precipitate.

to correct:
1) hydro
2) EPSOM
3) cal nit.
Hey cap I have a question for u. Have u ever had to back off lower the dosage of cal nit to compensate for nitro Def around week 4 . I'm currently feeding 15 hydro, 7.5 cal nit, 5 epsom. What would u recommend?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap I have a question for u. Have u ever had to back off lower the dosage of cal nit to compensate for nitro Def around week 4 . I'm currently feeding 15 hydro, 7.5 cal nit, 5 epsom. What would u recommend?

Yes. I back off the cal nit around week 4 as well. In fact, I recently had my water tested and with 60ppm Ca already in my water supply, I will be using less CaNo3 and more of other N sources, even a little NH4. I am in the mood to get serious about my salts and nutrient program this round. The past few months I have not been paying attention at all and I am sure it has hurt yields.

I don't understand what you are feeding... I am assuming that is for 5 gallons?

splakdawg

splakdawg

Yes. I back off the cal nit around week 4 as well. In fact, I recently had my water tested and with 60ppm Ca already in my water supply, I will be using less CaNo3 and more of other N sources, even a little NH4. I am in the mood to get serious about my salts and nutrient program this round. The past few months I have not been paying attention at all and I am sure it has hurt yields.

I don't understand what you are feeding... I am assuming that is for 5 gallons?
Yes in 5 gals thx for the reply cap

Top Bottom