help with my little closet grow box

• Thread starter dubsak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dubsak

dubsak

Alright so im working on starting a grow box out of my under-desk closet thing. Its dimensions are 24"x14"x24" Pretty sure the only plant i can grow with such little size is shortryder but ill just have to see... Anyway i have a 27 watt fluorescent lamp. Will this be sufficient enough? And will using the shiny side of white foam display board work to line the walls? The foam board they sell at any office supplies stores.

T

tophmaster

probably use alot more. like 5 or 6 or as many as u can fit 42 watt cfls in there. that foam is probably very reflective so would work great.

dubsak

dubsak

thanks man ill be sure to pick up some of that foam today. as for the lights im definitely gonna have to do some research for bigger ones that will fit my small space.

U

uefear

I second grabbing the 42watt cfl's. I got 8 of them for 20 bucks on ebay.

T

tophmaster

really 8 for only 20 bucks thats really good where did u get those at?

T

tophmaster

oh ebay duh didnt read it well thats pimp gotta check that out, keep it up micro growers, think i am gonna do a little micro soon for fun and extra smoke. my normal indoor set up just got taken down for a little while just doin outdoor but i think i am gonna try the micro grow for fun and smoke later guys

P

Pistil Pete

Yeah, bro you're gonna want alot more than 27w in that space. My cab is 27"L x 12"W x 30"H and i use 8 of the 26w bulbs in there (208w total).
Just make sure you have good air flow (intake and exhaust) and you'll be fine with more bulbs.

C

clembomber

dude my mom found me out
they were tripping and right when i finish up

Snapshot 20090611 3
D

dwcaero

I have a cab in the garage thats only 28"W x 17"D x 24"H.

Packed (7) 42W cfl's in there

You don't have to use ruderalis genetics, just flower your clones with no veg time and they'll keep short

X

xav2

damn i got busted by my mom also i had 4 regular bag seed babies but i recently got some GOOD seeds and we'll see in a couple a months wat turns out good luck with next grow

B

Bill Bloome

Dude,Wally world has 150 42 watt CFLs that put out2700 Lumens for 8 bucks.I have 5 in my 2x2x4 box with 2 T5s on the sides and get great results.My lighting director at HOB tells me CFLs are really efficient cause the lumens increase with each addition at a plus proportion of about 15%[some shit about wavelength intensity],but he oughta know.He says the LED research is about to bust open and the prices will drop significantly.He says thats the future;more lumens and negligable heat.

Top Bottom