Help With New Tent Setup

• Thread starter kobold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kobold

kobold

Sub panel in your room is great. Ahhh right, the latest gen has some networking capabilities. I was tempted to go with the Grower's Choice 315's(bulb included), but they're about the same price as the Nanolux 315 once you buy the bulb, so I figured I'd go the Nanolux route since I'd be buying a nice Phillips bulb and who knows what bulb comes with the Grower's Choice.

Don't really have any hard expectations. I guess all I really want to do is go through the process of setting up a tent/space/room/whatever and learn to grow some high quality indoor sticky goodness. I figured since I'm only planning on one room with at least eight weeks of flower, that gives me lots of options on veg. I can eight week veg some big plants if I want, or four week some smaller plants, or even less, or anything inbetween. If I do decide to build a 10x10 shed, I'd possibly go with an eight week veg and aim for one ~1lb plant per light, with the room having maybe four 630 CMH's. Not sure if it's reasonable or not, but it sounds fun to try. If it didn't work out, I'd make my way from one plant per light up to a SOG and see what works. All in good fun. :)

Edit: Just found the Grower's Choice 315 on Growershouse for $319.57 to my door. It's probably in the front running now.

Last edited:
kobold

kobold

So I've built a little 8x12 insulated outdoor shed and have lights, A/C, inline fan, and am about to start on the electrical. Something I'm a little confused about is the temperature control and air exchange. Obviously I don't want cooling to be wasted on the atmosphere, so how do I juggle these? I don't *think* the A/C is pulling in outside air, I think it just recirculates. The room isn't perfectly sealed, but it's pretty decent. I can really feel the pressure/vacuum when opening and closing the door. I know the floor isn't perfectly sealed because the overhanging tyvek wrap moves when I open/close the door. However, I'm pretty sure the 8" duct fan can remove air at a rate faster than what can be pulled from the imperfect sealing in the floor, which means there'd likely be a small vacuum if the door were closed and the fan were setup to exhaust, which probably isn't good. Does that mean the fan should be run to pull outside air into the room and positive pressure escapes through the floor? That doesn't seem good since the coldest air will be lowest. And should the fan be on a timer set to run a couple times at night when it's cool and that provides enough fresh air for the plants while keeping the A/C from being overworked?

Last edited:
Top Bottom