• Thread starter TheGardener_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheGardener_

I have 2 nypd and raspberry coughs in a gt205 nft system

I am using 3 part ghe flora series (grow micro bloom) in 10 litres of water, mixture;
15ml bloom
10ml micro
5ml grow
With ph of 5.8 to 6.2, I try to maintain 1.6ec but hit 1.7 to 1.8ec, I have it on feed of 15 mins every 2 hours but the leaves on the raspberry coughs closest to the edge of the nft system where the water funnels out, are burning and dropping off on the 1/3 lower branches, what am I doing wrong? Should I be using diff nutrients? I maintain room temp of 26-28c and humidity 50-60 as it is in 2nd week of flowering, lights are on 12/12 with a 250watt hps.

Are my nutrient mixes okay? Room humidity? Lighting is a foot and a half away as the plants are getting tall and no space!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I AM A UK GROWER (1ST GROW) pics below

IMG-20120113-00054.jpg

IMG-20120113-00053.jpg

IMG-20120113-00052.jpg

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
NFT should be 24/7 ON.

Bend top ranches to encourage lower branches to grow and catch up to canopy. You still have about a week of stretch.

Older leaves die naturally.

T

TheGardener_

Iv been told a lot to keep a timer on nft as it could drown roots? I have a tank heater and airstone on 24/7. What's the difference if I keep it on 247

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You need to look up NFT. Nutrient Film Technique. You dont need an airstone with 24/7 moving water. You dont need a heater if your water is more than 64 degrees you are more succeptable to root rot, especially if they dry out at all between waterings.

In NFT the topside of the roots is getting air all the time. the bottom side floats on a thin layer of water that travels down a preferably flat surface of a channel SLOWLY.

T

TheGardener_

Right then, brill info! Will put on 24/7 timer now, shall I take airstone and heater out?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Right then, brill info! Will put on 24/7 timer now, shall I take airstone and heater out?

Check your temps. Most likely.

Change your water out as well. DO you have a tds meter?

Jack Stackman

Jack Stackman

Yeah, I'd definitely say axe the heater, but i am not saying it is impossible to succeed with it. If your pump is submerged it is also heating up the water.

Jay Es...... :smiley_joint:

T

TheGardener_

Just to update : pump is on 247, heater will be taken outi in morning as it is in dark period for now, do I need to take airstone out, surely that extra oxygen is good?

Jack Stackman

Jack Stackman

Just to update : pump is on 247, heater will be taken outi in morning as it is in dark period for now, do I need to take airstone out, surely that extra oxygen is good?

The airstone is alright in your res. It will help keep the nutes movin/mixed/oxygenated. But I don't think u have to have it, what does your return look like? I'd say if u have the "waterfall" effect in your res it would be enough in there.....

Jay Es...... :smiley_joint:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
put a bypass valve on your pump and use it to mix the water in the res. this will work far better than an airstone for mixing and O2.

Jack Stackman

Jack Stackman

^^^^^^ Yeah, what Cap said. Thats how I did my last setup. That makes a good valve to adjust the flow with too if ur pump doesnt. I used a pvc ball valve....

Jay Es..... :smiley_joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom