Help with Nuken mother before important cloning job!

• Thread starter Dr.Pepper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

Hey farmers,

still fairly new here, although i'm pretty familiar with Pro-Mix and Sunshine #4 container grows and indoor growing in general but I'm stumped on this Nuken mother i have...Environment parameters are as follows: Daytime Temp 78f - NightTemp 68f -avgRH 42% Feeding Gh MaxiGrow every third watering at 650 ppm ph 6.3 and run off has been ph 6.2 750... She looks stressed and nute deficient to me and even after foliar treatments with Cal Mag she still has this stressed purple stems look, i'm unfamiliar with the strain, but know Nuken is mainly Indica strain so isn't too exotic of a Sativa or anything.. i figure my parameters are on point so i ask THCFarmers what do ya think??

Halp is greatly appreciated, i need to do some cloning from this plant soon so diagnosing her and getting her healthy is my number one priority!!! :time:muscle

Help with nuken mother before important cloning job
Help with nuken mother before important cloning job 2
Help with nuken mother before important cloning job 3
Help with nuken mother before important cloning job 4
SweetTooth

SweetTooth

IDK bro. First thoughts would be too cold because of the purple stems but your temps sound good. Pull it out of the pot and look at the root ball for bugs. I think I would bump up the feed to 1000ppm 1x and see what she does after that.

S

stormannorm

Hi dr p my plants look the same.and i do have a gnat prob.so defo check it out cos new to this and dont know how fix it any ideas?

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

Tyler Durden: Thanks for stopping in. I had Fungus Gnats in this space before but i haven't seen them since this mother came in and old plants went out...
I have been monitoring with the blue strips and yellow strips.. and i spend a lot of time with this plant and haven't seen any adults AT ALL....

ST: You are actually right regarding the cold temps... two weeks ago i had her she had down to 62F at night by accident... took me a while to figure out this damn digital timer hahah!! for the last two weeks she gets to 68F at the lowest.... I'm going to take ur advice on the 1000ppm feeding for surre. I figure this plant needs nutes because it was dropping a bit of yellowing leaves on the bottom... damn, i thought the brown tips were from nutes... that still messes me up a lot, thinking Necrosis(browning tips of leaves) is Nute Burn..... Thnx for your input BTW! :yes

stormannorm: Thanks for stopping in, i am experienced with Fungus Gnats... and i found the best method stop them was 29% Hydrogen Peroxide at 2ml per litre as well as finding an Mosquito larvae killer product that has BTI (Bacillus Thuringensis Israelensis), these bacteria kill and eat the Fungus Gnat larvae that east the roots...

D

Devlove

I had purplish stems like that in veg and was told to add a k supplement, added hydro deuce and within a week or so new stem growth was greener, don't know if this applies to you.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

^Right on DevLove... i am thinking the plant is nutrient deficient of many elements... N,P,K the whole 9.... Hydro Deuce eh? i will have to look it up:winking0067:

phenotyper

phenotyper

She could be rootbound. Looks like a squat plant though with a lot of nodes, so that could be the case. How long has she been in there, what size is the pot? Some plants hate being rootbound and will tell you immediately. Also, I see new growth at the top, so I think she is either rootbound, or I would bump up the feeding with the next schedule. You could try to foliar with some light nutes and see if you notice any improvements. How often are you watering?

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

one thing i've noticed over the last few years with pro mix is a problem with fungus gnats. completely sterile rooms routinely infected and the only common denomenator is the pro mix. they pretty easy to deal with if it is them. i got something from a hardware store specifically for em. clears em up guaranteeeed.

hope you get it worked out. i lost my nuken keeper an am waiting on restock to get it again.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

She could be rootbound. Looks like a squat plant though with a lot of nodes, so that could be the case. How long has she been in there, what size is the pot? Some plants hate being rootbound and will tell you immediately. Also, I see new growth at the top, so I think she is either rootbound, or I would bump up the feeding with the next schedule. You could try to foliar with some light nutes and see if you notice any improvements. How often are you watering?

Hey thnx for stopping in

So this plant was transplanted from a 4L container in Pro-Mix to this 2 Gallon Container 4 weeks ago... i'm thinking it may be a good time to transplant it but since i need to take clones that may stress the plant needlessly... i'm most likely going to hold off and bump up the nutes to 1000ppm like SweetTooth said...

And Thnx TylerDurden119 again for your input... as much as it is a possibility with pro-mix they are 100% gone from my grow space and that container... no adults, plus the mother was thriving the first two weeks from Transplant.....

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Hay bro trans-plant that bitch and give her some food with sensical, and cal-plex in it, she just needs more room and food that should take care of it........GM

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

thanks for your help GM!

she's already looking better.... still a bit pale but growing more and more flexible (if that makes any sense...)

Latest posts

Top Bottom