Help with nute's for first time COCO run.

• Thread starter Georgekush22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Although I have run both with perlite and hydroton mixes and not had bad results I feel that the pure Canna coco runs have been best. I have ran several nutrient lines along the way and had what I would call pretty comparable results with them all. What I noticed is, I have seen a small decrease in yield with house and garden. I liked the quality of the finished product from running the Canna line (boost included, its spendy but I would not omit it personally) Overall although im probably going to be torn apart by haters for say it, I have seen the best overall results using Advanced Nutrients and my best results have been using the AN line up with Yellow bottles additives I think they have a superior seaweed but the additives that I believe make the big difference is the Phat and Ooze. One thing about coco that I have not seen anyone mention that I noticed to make a big difference is to let it dry out a bit. I would not water everyday ever unless they are just root bound and I'm slackin on getting them transplanted. I think hand watering is best every other day no more through flower. You can tell from the root-balls when all is said and done they should be as fuzzy white the day after you finish flower as the day you began. I doubt most will agree with me but here are a couple pics of 2+ per using AN the not coco safe Connoisseur with the rest of the AN line Master level light feeding and the Yellow Bottle Additives.View attachment 272199View attachment 272198 pure Canna coco in i think either 7 or 10 gal smart pots
Ha! Nothing like a pic of Jerry to bless the garden, I love it.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Dozen ways to skin a cat GK22, Listen to jaliso and go clean. Stop all the additives and high price recommendations... learn to read npk and elemental formulas on the back. Then remember these guys are trying to make loot, and fudge numbers sometimes with inferior products when salt suppliers run out... on occasion....

That being said, lol

simple one or two part veg/bloom, Cheap ones can be excellent too...
a micro,
epsom salts, Costco has them cheap in 6lb boxes
quality booster. I use cch2o booster in all growing medias. Cleeeen and boosts! (not cheap)
brew a proper tea once a week.

Lastly, a quality non cal-mag product "only" if necessary when dealing with calcium whores... Ive had "bad" botanicare cal-mag several times now. Calimagic or magicali are solid.

Heres a kicker most novice growers will disagree with. Calcium isnt needed in excess like most people think for coco. Most grower foods have it in excess already, plus we are stacking in micro too, then tea also has a small amt. AND tap water has it, if not using r.o...

I use r.o water and still never add any cal-mag products. What happens is, coco attracts calcium and binds it to the media if you aren't watering PROPERLY... .

knowledge is 2lbs+ per light. Ya dig....
Hogan thanks for the info, it has definitely given me some stuff to think about.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Although I have run both with perlite and hydroton mixes and not had bad results I feel that the pure Canna coco runs have been best. I have ran several nutrient lines along the way and had what I would call pretty comparable results with them all. What I noticed is, I have seen a small decrease in yield with house and garden. I liked the quality of the finished product from running the Canna line (boost included, its spendy but I would not omit it personally) Overall although im probably going to be torn apart by haters for say it, I have seen the best overall results using Advanced Nutrients and my best results have been using the AN line up with Yellow bottles additives I think they have a superior seaweed but the additives that I believe make the big difference is the Phat and Ooze. One thing about coco that I have not seen anyone mention that I noticed to make a big difference is to let it dry out a bit. I would not water everyday ever unless they are just root bound and I'm slackin on getting them transplanted. I think hand watering is best every other day no more through flower. You can tell from the root-balls when all is said and done they should be as fuzzy white the day after you finish flower as the day you began. I doubt most will agree with me but here are a couple pics of 2+ per using AN the not coco safe Connoisseur with the rest of the AN line Master level light feeding and the Yellow Bottle Additives.View attachment 272199View attachment 272198 pure Canna coco in i think either 7 or 10 gal smart pots
Amber, what regimen is being used in this pic and ru hand-watering all the way through flowering because I was personally planning on going DTW, but you can't argue with the results that you are getting. Keep Crushin it my dood! BTW, out of curiosity what strain is that in the pic?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Were you thinking of going beds or pots in the tray?
I've done both and beds are great for reusability. cut plant out, put new one in and top off with a bag of coco. less disturbance of myco and trichoderma the better.
MWD

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Were you thinking of going beds or pots in the tray?
I've done both and beds are great for reusability. cut plant out, put new one in and top off with a bag of coco. less disturbance of myco and trichoderma the better.
MWD
Im going from 1 to 7 gal smart pots. Im currently in veg using canna a+b and just cal-mag right now. In flower im gonna add canna p/k and overdrive from advanced nutrients. Im considering adding boost to this lineup but not really sure. Any feedback is much appreciated. BTW im using H&G coco, im thinking ill probably just use straight coco at this point, don't really feel like washing a shit load of hydroton b4 and after the run.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Sounds like a good plan bro. One thing I may do would be up put into a 3 first or just veg the 1 gallon plants pretty large upon transfer so there isn't any stalling.

I've never used HG coco before and always considered giving it a run. Should work great for reusing as well.

Theres a small learning cure with coco as well but once dialed its superior imo. Proper coco ec before a plant goes in the pot is one of the most crucial steps and I prefer to feed at 5.4-5.5 with a 15-30% runoff. This can help with maintaining a proper ec due to the cocos ph wanting to rise and the medium drying out so fast.

Another thing I've been noticing is how strait coco dries out not as uniform in a smartpot rather than a plastic pot. I will do a side by side but I feel that I could go back to basics real soon.
MWD

BCrocker

BCrocker

Another thing I've been noticing is how strait coco dries out not as uniform in a smartpot rather than a plastic pot. I will do a side by side but I feel that I could go back to basics real soon.
MWD

I tried smartpots... didn't like em.. Basic, #10 hardwall pots for me work well.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I tried smartpots... didn't like em.. Basic, #10 hardwall pots for me work well.
Good to know because I honestly thought that I had drying issues in them for sure. Thanks for the reassurance

K

kushtrees

Smart pots rock. It is a good idea to cover them in something like panda film though. I have gotten some algae growth on the sides of pots that stay wet when not covered. Without light though no algae

Top Bottom