Help With Ogb Tea Brew Ph

• Thread starter Bruhdaz fire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bruhdaz fire

Hi all

While i am waiting for Cap to respond to a PM i sent him i thought i would get your guys opinion on this matter as well.

Im a new member here on the Forum but have been following caps informative threads and tea recipe for quite some time now with great results.

Recently I've switched from a recirculating system using GH products to an inline dosatron system with veg+blooms product [part A, Part b and shine].

When I was doing the recirculating system I would just Brew a tea once a week and add tea to my 80 gallon Reservoir every time I would make a new mix or change out.

Now I am drain to waste and using a dosatron system and have been trying to figure out how get my ogb teas backup in my regiment without having to hand water. I am not affraid to admit I'm a little confused on how to implement my ogb teas with the dosatron system and have proper dilution ratios ect without having the tea clog my system and have tea sit in my sprinkler lines and go anaerobic

So yesterday I made a plan to brew a 30-gallon tea in my Vortex Brewer which I copied from Oscar on the Forum. I originally planed to hand water each plant with the concentrated tea at approximately two cups for each 6-inch hugo Cube

My 30 gal tea recipe I made yesterday.

30 gallons of 0 PPM RO water
600 ml's of BSM
PH my water to 6.8 water temp was 70 degrees
Then in a separate one liter piture I mixed 30 tablespoons of the ogb root pack and 30 tablespoons of the ogb foliar pack and mixed with 0 PPM water I let it sit for 5 minutes and then poured off the top into my Brewer

I then added about 5 cups of alfalfa meal and 5 cups of ewc and suspended in a tea bag with three different quarter inch air hoses submerged in the tea bag.

Along with about an eighth of a teaspoon of yucca extract. I let it brew for about 18 to 20 hours.

At the end of The Brew cycle the ppm's we're about 550 on a 500 scale and the pH was about 7.7 / 7.8 with water temps around 72

I intended to hand water via a soil drench with the concentrated tea but the pH levels kind of threw me for a loop.

I noticed that on some of the threads cap suggested to use a brewed tea in a concentrated form for a soil drench but I'm curious what would have been the best approach with that PH scenario? Could I have just water with that concentrated tea at 7.8 PH?

My tyipical pH range for feeding is anywhere from about 5.8 to 6.1

In the end I ended up filling up about 30 gallons of RO water in a 60 gallon sterile garbage can. I ph'd the 30 gal of RO 0 PPM water to 4.0 then added about 100 ml's of BSM to neutralize water then added the whole 30 gals of the tea to that. In the end my ph level was about 6.8 - 6.9 which I still thought was too high but didn't want to dilute anymore so I hand watered with that.

I would really like to know your guys opinion and what u would have done in that case.
My cubes were very light so I was concerned of having high pH levels since they were super thirsty.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and any help or input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Happy farming

Bruhdaz fire

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Bruhdaz fire I think we spoke via email about this. Did you come up with a solution?

Latest posts

Top Bottom