Help with optimum light for tent size?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hi guys,

I've got a growlush grow tent dimensions: 0.9m x 0.45m x 1.6m. Gonna stick either a single 400w or 600w hps in it. Will be in a cool tube. Which do you think would be best? Especially heat and light intensity wise for the area? Looking to SOG space wise. Thanks a bunch.

UG

C

cacamal

Hi guys,

I've got a growlush grow tent dimensions: 0.9m x 0.45m x 1.6m. Gonna stick either a single 400w or 600w hps in it. Will be in a cool tube. Which do you think would be best? Especially heat and light intensity wise for the area? Looking to SOG space wise. Thanks a bunch.

UG

Really depends on the strain. With less than 5 feet height...I would go with the 600 and watch them

M

MASSES 420KING

2 400watt hps bulbs would be better 4 you because you would have more then 1 point of light

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Strain is White Skunk from White Label, I beleive they're a fairly bushy and stocky plant but being Super Skunk x White Widow genetics I'm planning for a little stretch also. Masses unfortunately I can only go one or the other at the moment, due to $$$ and also because I'm watching the power bill..

B

BongToker

ya im thinking go as big as you can with still being able to keep heat factors in check... if you can keep your spot ventilated and cool with the 600 then thats ur best bet.. you will yield more and there for be happier:smiley_joint:

M

MASSES 420KING

well if you can only afford one light go for the 600 switchable ballast and good luck for you future endeavor

JH420

JH420

So in english that tent is 3' x 1.5' x 5.3'. I know you want1 light for cost purposes, but I'd consider going with a pair of 250 watters...the bulbs and ballasts are really cheap for 250's. What do you experts think about that? With the limited headroom you'll atleast be able to put them 250's super close to the plants.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Thanks for the info and help guys! Well I've bitten the bullet and bought myself a single 400w hps. Tried a 600w in there but it was just too hot, even with a decent blower. I also used a few growroom calculators and they came up just over the 400w mark so that helped too. We'll see how we go. Short veg time and SOG I'm thinking...

Top Bottom