Help with organic grow and dry amendments

• Thread starter Lnp32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lnp32

Lnp32

Hi guys,
Just a question regarding organics.
I started my second ever grow from seed just over a month ago. I started in 1l pots and let the seedlings roots fill the pot before transplanted straight into 7gallon / 30l fabric pots in canna terra pro which im aware is already charged and will take you through the first 5 weeks of growth without having to feed. however, i also decided to premix dry amendments to each pot as id read that organic dry amendments can take up to 4 weeks to actually be usable for the plant. So i figured by adding it before transplanting, by the time the 4 / 5 week came, the canna terra pro nutrients would have been used and now the amendments i added will start to be used by the plant. for the first week or so i watered very carefully, knowing that the new seedlings root zone wouldnt be developed enough to use up all the water in a 7gallon fabric pot, so watered bit by bit until the plants got bigger and more established.
Its been about 3 weeks since then and the plants are getting bigger and I've now started watering right through, watering approximately 2 gallons water through each fabric pot ( 7gallons ) and that seems to be perfect, leaving me with about 10 % run off which the plants drink up within 30mins / 1 hour after watering anyway. When watering i firstly neutralise the tap water by using an organic pure vitamin c product called ecothrive neutralise, which instantly removed chlorine and chloramine from tap water. i fill up a 5 gallon bucket and mix 1 tbsp molasses, 1/2 tbsp epsom salts and i ph with bio bizz organic ph down to a ph of 6.5.

Ive noticed what i believe to be nutrient burn on the tips of some of my leaves on the new growth and was wondering if any of you organic experts could give me some advice please. Do you think it could be any of the amendments i added that are having a bad effect on my plants and if so will my plant grow out of it ? Im still in veg but want to flip to flower after 1 more week.

The dry amendments used and mixed into the canna terra pro 7 gallon pots were as follows......

60ml bat guano ( guanokalong ) 1.10.1
60ml seaweed powder ( guanokalong ) 1.0.1
60ml ecothrive charge ( insect frass ) 3.2.3
Lavaworm volcanic rock ( guanokalong ) no npk.

light used is a lumatek zeus pro 600w led.
ive got it hanging at 50cm from canopy at 50% power. I keep the temps at roughly 25 / 26•c and rh at approx 65 / 70% rh in veg. Although you’ll notice my temps dropped to 21.5•c in the pic as im based in uk and had a really cold day today.

ive attached pictures and any feedback would be very much appreciated thanks guys

Help with organic grow and dry amendments
Help with organic grow and dry amendments 2
Help with organic grow and dry amendments 3
Help with organic grow and dry amendments 4
Help with organic grow and dry amendments 5
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I would sprinkle a handful of epsom salts on each one under the plants before watering.

Lnp32

Lnp32

How has it been? Reading this late and want to see if anything has happened?

I ended up killing them as they all turned yellow and the stems went purple and died off. I fed them thinking they were hungry and didnt do anything. I checked ph of soil which was at 6.2 / 6.5.

I ended up starting another grow of 4 glueberry og’s, heres the details of the grow so far and wondering if you could diagnose problem for me please, i’ll attach pics below.

I was wondering if anyone could be of any help please.
Im growing 4 plants in a 5ft x 5ft tent, under 1 lumatek zeus pro 600w.
My plants are in 7 gallon fabric pots and soil used is canna terra pro. I started them in 2l pots from seedling and transplanted into 7 gallon fabric pots after 2 weeks of seedling stage.
Ive vegged my plants for 4 weeks and decided to flip to flower 3 weeks ago.
I didnt use any additional nutrients up until the beginning of flower stage as canna terra pro has enough nutrients to get you through the first 4 / 5 weeks.
Im staying completely organic and using guanokalong products. I ordered guankalong grow ( 5 N - 3 K ), guanokalong bloom ( 2.5 N - K 6 ) and guankalong bat boost 2% K.
These organic products dont contain any P so i also bought bat guano to make a complete PK for flower stage.
It says to use 1 / 2ml per l of water so ive been averaging about 10 - 15ml per watering. I usually water about 6 litres of feed through each pot and seems to be doing the job.
Although i did read somewhere that some growers water there plants in conjunction with how many gallons they’re growing in. For example, some grows believe if you grow in 7 gallon pot then you should be putting 7 litres of water through the pot. 5 gallon pot / 5 litres and so on.
Anyway, i just wanted to check in to see if anyone can diagnose a problem ive discovered on 2 of the 4 plants. If you zoom in to pic you will see the problem on the plant in the front to the right. They’ve all been fed accordingly and the bonus of organic liquid fertz is that you cant really over feed which is a big bonus.
Ive attached a few picks and if anyone could be of any help, id be very grateful.
Thank you.

BE288A59 80A5 4CB0 951E A754DF2E1037
6D52EFCE D8CD 4172 942C 7ACD49789A00
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Post a pic of the ingredients of your nutes please.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would go and buy a different nutes. Maybe dr earth or Gaia green if you can. Those both have calcium and magnesium at the perfect rates. You could be feeding to much of a certain nutrient that it’s locking out others.

Homesteader

Homesteader

"If you zoom in to pic you will see the problem on the plant in the front to the right. They’ve all been fed accordingly and the bonus of organic liquid fertz is that you cant really over feed which is a big bonus."

What do you mean by the liquid fertilizer comment? I am a little confused on what happened. Those plants shouldn't have died like that but either way, what do you mean by the above? That could be your problem if I am reading it correctly.

Lnp32

Lnp32

"If you zoom in to pic you will see the problem on the plant in the front to the right. They’ve all been fed accordingly and the bonus of organic liquid fertz is that you cant really over feed which is a big bonus."

What do you mean by the liquid fertilizer comment? I am a little confused on what happened. Those plants shouldn't have died like that but either way, what do you mean by the above? That could be your problem if I am reading it correctly.

Heres the ferts i use........ read the specs of what they contain.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Regardless of nutrients being organic, vegan or salt they still all interact with each other. Products look good but they are still nutrients and need to be balanced

Lnp32

Lnp32

Regardless of nutrients being organic, vegan or salt they still all interact with each other. Products look good but they are still nutrients and need to be balanced

Thanks for feedback my friend.
Would you also recommend a flush every few waterings ?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Not really but I recommend just not overduing the nutrients though or you will lock many out from the plant.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Yeah go easy. As far as I can tell it does have calcium or magnesium. You probably need to add it if your using bottled.

Lnp32

Lnp32

Awesome. Keep us posted. :)

gave them a feed today and top dress of 30ml bat guano, epsom salts and gypsum.
Mixed 10ml guanokalong bat boost ( 2% K )
3ml guanokalong grow ( 5 - 0 - 3 )
3ml guanokalong bloom ( 2.5 - 0 - 6 )

there’s a problem and not sure whether i need to up my feed, whether its a lockout, not sure but would really appreciate some feedback. The only thing im thinking is i water / feed 6L water in each 7gallon pot but i leave the pots for about 4 days until the soil is bone dry. Do you think it could be that ? Some growers say to let the soil dry right out between each watering but other sources say to always keep soil damp.
Thanks.

7F219E55 2266 473D A870 0ECADD0AF509
8E36F40D 0387 4371 AA45 7678215BD59F
65CCA6B0 C8EC 42A4 BCC8 C93D1E79E467
CC75C9E2 765A 455E B373 D213BB23D985
635963DB 1F10 4FB6 B8D8 6A8AC66C3299
EA1AB7E2 F967 4328 A909 28C02B74DF00
994F6BB9 A3D2 480D A561 E0A50BA17A47

Latest posts

Top Bottom