Help with outdoor Scottish grow

• Thread starter Weegarry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weegarry

Hi second year of growing outdoors in my garden in not so sunny Scotland , last year I was more than impressed with the results growing in a plastic greenhouse but unfortunately my best plant was decimated by mold which wasn't totally unexpected but still a bummer , this year I got rid of the greenhouse and I've used the limited experience of last year and have 2 auto ducks that have been flowering since mid June and have far outstripped my expectations and from my research seem not too far from being ready to harvest but the thing is the weather forecast is rain for the next week at least if not for the rest of the year knowing the Scottish weather so do I harvest now or wait, sorry for the long winded post just don't really know what to do for the best the garden is very windy as I literally stay in the middle of a wind farm so any moisture is quickly blown away

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If they're ready, harvest them. If not, you have to make the decision base on potential for mold. If any water on the plants dries up right away, due to wind, maybe you won't get mold.

A pic would help in determining how close to full ripeness the plants may be.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi second year of growing outdoors in my garden in not so sunny Scotland , last year I was more than impressed with the results growing in a plastic greenhouse but unfortunately my best plant was decimated by mold which wasn't totally unexpected but still a bummer , this year I got rid of the greenhouse and I've used the limited experience of last year and have 2 auto ducks that have been flowering since mid June and have far outstripped my expectations and from my research seem not too far from being ready to harvest but the thing is the weather forecast is rain for the next week at least if not for the rest of the year knowing the Scottish weather so do I harvest now or wait, sorry for the long winded post just don't really know what to do for the best the garden is very windy as I literally stay in the middle of a wind farm so any moisture is quickly blown away
I would cut a cple small buds off,nuke one ,let the the other dry on its own and smoke it,if you get ripped,cut it,if not ,you have nothing to lose by leaving it.

william76

william76

Best bet is to leave them to finish but check them daily,and chop at first sign of mold,try and keep them as dry as possible till then,if u can hang off long enuff,Goodluck,76

Top Bottom