Help with pest or disease identification

• Thread starter Mudd.and.Me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mudd.and.Me

Mudd.and.Me

Any help identifying what's going on would be helpful! The stems are turning brown and woody. It is not killing all of the stems, but some are left looking like the second picture and just snapping off the main stem.

Help with pest or disease identification
Help with pest or disease identification 2
Mudd.and.Me

Mudd.and.Me

Grasshoppers are annoying af. They couild easily get a few branches. Do you see any around the grow? The rest of the plant seems healthy?
We have seen a few grasshoppers on other plants that don't show this damage but none on this plant. The rest of the plant looks good but the branches go from looking good to dead in a couple of days.

Mudd.and.Me

Mudd.and.Me

Stem Blight. WOW.... I've never seen it on a weed plant. Cut those off and anything that looks damaged and get them away.
Damn....

The plant is not oozing.
Stem Blight. WOW.... I've never seen it on a weed plant. Cut those off and anything that looks damaged and get them away.
Damn....

Any ideas how to protect the other plants?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Not every disease looks the same on every plant. It presents based on the plant chemistry and physiology. Like I said, I've never seen it on weed. But I have seen it on corn and beans. Vicious stuff. It's a fungus, so treat accordingly.
You can use Nuke'em or Lost Coast Plant Therapy. We use the PT.
Spray it full strength, let dry for a couple of hours and then spray rinse to unclog the leaf pores or the plant will suffocate.

PlantTherapy
PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Stem Blight. WOW
Does that affect Cannabis? I can't find any evidence it does. It looks quite a bit different too.
We have seen a few grasshoppers on other plants that don't show this damage but none on this plant. The rest of the plant looks good but the branches go from looking good to dead in a couple of days.
Yeah they're easy to miss. If they even notice movement they will try to hide by moving to the opposite side of the branch. If you've seen others this very well might be the culprit. If you notice them they'll try to flee. if you don't this can happen in as little as a week.

GREENSOURCE

GREENSOURCE

Not every disease looks the same on every plant. It presents based on the plant chemistry and physiology. Like I said, I've never seen it on weed. But I have seen it on corn and beans. Vicious stuff. It's a fungus, so treat accordingly.
You can use Nuke'em or Lost Coast Plant Therapy. We use the PT.
Spray it full strength, let dry for a couple of hours and then spray rinse to unclog the leaf pores or the plant will suffocate.
what he said and remove anything that resembles that.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have never heard of anyone complaining of a bacterial infection on Cannabis, but this looks like a bacterial infection my tomatoes had, one year, from a Pseudomonas bacteria. At the time, there was nothing that could be done for my tomatoes.

Put my vote on some kind of fungus, but not Fusarium, which you only see when you cut the stem. It's not on the surface.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hi CN.

I had one of our plant pathologists look at your photo. We both agree this looks like a nutrient deficiency, not a disease. I would not be worried about it from a quality perspective. You should make sure the soil or hydroponic water is at an optimal pH and apply fertilizer with macro and micronutrients and it should clear up in the new growth.

DeWayne Shoemaker
Professor and Department Head
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology

Mudd.and.Me

Mudd.and.Me

Hi CN.

I had one of our plant pathologists look at your photo. We both agree this looks like a nutrient deficiency, not a disease. I would not be worried about it from a quality perspective. You should make sure the soil or hydroponic water is an optimal pH and apply fertilizer with macro and micronutrients and it should clear up in the new growth.

DeWayne Shoemaker
Professor and Department Head
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology
Thank you so much for your help. We will definitely follow your advice. We have also developed a better pest prevention routine. I truly enjoy learning and becoming a better grower 🌱

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thank you so much for your help. We will definitely follow your advice. We have also developed a better pest prevention routine. I truly enjoy learning and becoming a better grower 🌱
Well, I thought it was a fungus, but the pros disagree. I have to go with them.

Top Bottom