• Thread starter Hendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hendy

Hello all hope you are all good.

I have a big problem I’m stumped with.

Stumped with big problems inc photos 2

I’ll call this strain A in week 2 of flower. New growth seems distorted/ shrivelled. The pistils are 95% just not there when compared to it’s neighbour of same strain in same conditions which imo is looking well other than two suspect patches on a leaf, which I think is splash from undiluted nutrient. see below -
Stumped with big problems inc photos

Also in another room I also have strain A which are two weeks old and are showing like this -

Stumped with big problems inc photos 3

In the same room is also the mother of strain A which is showing these she is looking really sorry (the pic is just a limb I cut off) the leaves are looking distorted and almost look like a mint leaf is the only way I can think to describe it-

Stumped with big problems inc photos 4

In the same room is “strain B” which looks like this, these are 4-5 weeks old and almost to me looks like they are showing earlier signs of strain A’s problems.

Stumped with big problems inc photos 5

The flower area has led lights in canna soil and day temp of 27 and night of 20 with humidity at 60-80. Nutrients are snoops full range dosed to 1.8ec. Nutrients have had the chill taken away and not “freezing cold” my ph pen is broken but from previous it was within grange and around 5.9 from memory. It’s run to waste on drippers and feeds just before lights come on, once a day.

The mother (5-6 months old) and the 2 and 5 weeks olds are in canna soil, under 600w hps. Day temps of 25 and night of 18 with a 19/5 cycle. Humidity is a touch low at 50-60%

I’m at a loss here. I’ve had an issue with thrips and fungus knats, so yesterday was treated with pyrethrum and a smoke bomb. I’m fairly experienced although still feel like a complete noob, but struggle with problems and end up throwing possible solutions at them on a whim.

Any help much appreciated guys.

H

Hendy

Looks to me like some sort of mite. Either broad mites or hemp russet mites.
No experience treating either bug above, but that is definitely NOT thrip/fungus gnat damage you have there. Just dealt with thrips
Thanks wonkas. I was reading about russet mites and that dont sound a fun thing to deal with. Yes agreed regarding thrip damage as I’ve been “living” with them for a long time now and in a way just keeping them in check with pyrethrum treatment.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Thanks wonkas. I was reading about russet mites and that dont sound a fun thing to deal with. Yes agreed regarding thrip damage as I’ve been “living” with them for a long time now and in a way just keeping them in check with pyrethrum treatment.
Then you definitely have russets. They are extremely hard to get rid of and pyrethrin is good stuff.

Try micronized sulfur, thats gonna be your best bet to eliminate them.

I fear you may need to kill everything and thoroughly clean for weeks before restarting again.

HRM are the worst mite you can get man, i feel for you.

H

Hendy

IMG 2965

I just found this little guy (tiny white dot) with a cheap clip on phone magnifier thing. Can’t see it with the naked eye or in the photo to be fair. Its white but living on the top of the leaf, it was shuffling around looking busy.

Also found a couple of thrips which I knew I had and had under control of sorts. You can spot these with naked eye fairly easy on underside of leaf.
IMG 2961

This isn’t thrip damage it’s much worse. it not spider mite either. I was left with a nutrient lockout, disease, pest or fungus problem.

So we are thinking it’s russet mites?

Thanks again wonkas this is causing major stress.

Anyone else want to jump in?

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

View attachment 2096300
I just found this little guy (tiny white dot) with a cheap clip on phone magnifier thing. Can’t see it with the naked eye or in the photo to be fair. Its white but living on the top of the leaf, it was shuffling around looking busy.

Also found a couple of thrips which I knew I had and had under control of sorts. You can spot these with naked eye fairly easy on underside of leaf. View attachment 2096301

This isn’t thrip damage it’s much worse. it not spider mite either. I was left with a nutrient lockout, disease, pest or fungus problem.

So we are thinking it’s russet mites?

Thanks again wonkas this is causing major stress.

Anyone else want to jump in?
So second photo is for sure a Thrip.
The first photo, i see the white spec, and i believe its a russet mite, but idk ive NEVER seen one or had to go through this before.

I know you can not see them with the naked eye, you need like 60x or 100x magnification at minimum to even see them?
Idk, only person i know here that ive seen give advice on them is @1diesel1

H

Hendy

Man I’m nearly two decades in and as if

Spider mite
Thrips
Fungus knats
Bud rot
Root rot pyth
Nutrient burn
Nutrient lockout
Humidity problems
Temperature problems
Windburn
Ph problems
Ec
Which nutrients
Which medium
Which system
Etc etc etc

Wasn’t enough to worry about, I’d never even heard of russet mites!

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Man I’m nearly two decades in and as if

Spider mite
Thrips
Fungus knats
Bud rot
Root rot pyth
Nutrient burn
Nutrient lockout
Humidity problems
Temperature problems
Windburn
Ph problems
Ec
Which nutrients
Which medium
Which system
Etc etc etc

Wasn’t enough to worry about, I’d never even heard of russet mites!
Yeah man, i never heard of them either until i started hanging out on forums a couple years back.
They are what i consider to be Weed Herpes lmao.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i just got rid of them on my grow and i posted how,..
50/50 water/99.9% isopropyl and soak the plant everywhere,.. it’s been about 2 weeks and my plants are beautiful,..
nothing else will work at best maybe control,. that mix will kill everything eggs larvee adult,.. only need 2-3 spray downs within 7 days to be safe,..

H

Hendy

i just got rid of them on my grow and i posted how,..
50/50 water/99.9% isopropyl and soak the plant everywhere,.. it’s been about 2 weeks and my plants are beautiful,..
nothing else will work at best maybe control,. that mix will kill everything eggs larvee adult,.. only need 2-3 spray downs within 7 days to be safe,..
Thanks gnick55 Have you got a link to the thread? I tried to look but the reception on phone is bad and it was trying to loads loads of photos.

N

Natep

Natures good guys has a chart of predators for each bug. I believe you will need the special blend.

H

Hendy

Ok thank you. Thinking to try the iso alcohol/water 50/50 as it’s desperate now and I’m about to cull the lot and start again. Worried the iso mix will burn/ damage them and kill them off. Man this is nasty. I’ll update any photos or updates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom