Help with repotting

• Thread starter Snips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snips

Hi everyone, Im very new to growing and have my first 3 week old little lady. Im abit unsure at what age i should put her into a larger pot and of what size would you recommend? Sorry if these seem like very basic questions, its just i dont want to get anything wrong! Many thanks

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

What size container is it in at the moment? The more info, the better. (strain, grow enviroment, clone/seed etc.) Anything that you can think of that might help, will increase your amount of responses. Take care

S

Snips

At the moment it is in 9by9cm pot. The strain is Amnesia Haze, I grew her from seed using tissue and purified water and since has been sitting in the sunshine on my window sil. It is growing in just normal compost at the moment but do plan on re-potting into better soil with nutrients in. Any help would be gratefully received!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Bro You need to put that seedling under a light! The window sill aint cutting it.
The poor thing is Stretching for some light,
Get you self a CFL that has 6500k

the pot is fine for a while....get some lite on that poor thing

Im still kinda new myself Hopefully others will reply..
When you do transplant. bury some of that stem so it will be able to support its self.

lazarus718

lazarus718

See the florescent setup on the left, go to a hardware store and get yourself an extension cord, wire splices, a waterproof socket and a Y-splitter. All you need for seedlings. The sun in a windowsill isn't going to cut it for a weed plant, especially in the winter.

The Girls 1016 Upload
S

Snips

Thanks for the info guys, I have now brought a 6500k 60w cfl. How long will this be sufficient for and is the wattage enough? And I'm a little unsure on how many hours a day I should leave the light on her? Many thanks again

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thanks for the info guys, I have now brought a 6500k 60w cfl. How long will this be sufficient for and is the wattage enough? And I'm a little unsure on how many hours a day I should leave the light on her? Many thanks again
Leave it on her for 18 hours a day until she beefs up and is ready to flower. You can complete your entire grow with the 6500K but would be better off if you built the little y-splitter like I have in the pic so that you can also add another spectrum fluorescent like a 2700K to get some other color spectrums. Your yield will be much less than with a HID light but if that's all you have the $ for then grow with them. Oh, and go with 100W or 150W bulbs instead of the 60W, cost a little more but you will be rewarded!

F

Faultline

I plant my cuttings in clear plastic cups. About a week after the roots show, I transplant into a larger pot.

S

Snips

Thanks for the advice. Will defiantly being taking a trip to B&Q and give the y-splitter ago. The clear plastic cups sound like a good idea for next time, such a good idea!

Any other little hints or tips on growing would be gratefully received, take care all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom