Help with room design

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

At long last I HAVE SOME SPACE! No electricity yet but that's happening next week.

I need help double checking my designs please. The major issue here is that my budbox tents are 2m high, and the room has a sloping roof less than 2m on the short end. Another issue is that the vent holes are drilled at the short end (I had no idea it was the short end when I chose the positions :().

My plan is to scrap Plan A of getting an XL tent (120x120x200) and build my own. However, because of the venting hole positions I want to put my tents within a tent that I build myself, so that they can vent into the mini room and then all be vented out. Saves me having to vent out the top of the budboxes with very very limited room to do so.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bad idea? I'm planning to put a divider in between the two areas (flowering area, and then the two budboxes) so that any light leaks from them don't affect flowering. Also means I can tend to the babies without disturbing the dark cycle.

Cheers in advance. Three photos: first is the empty room, second is dimensions, third is my planned setup. All feedback welcomed....this is my first proper room.... (hoo-fricken-ray!)

Help with room design
Dimensions
Fitting
Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

take the carpet out before you begin;)
Air is the best insulation. Moisture is the best heat conducter. The more compartments you build the better and safer yuoll be. IMO building yourself is better than a tent:cool:

F

FastForward

Was planning on just covering the carpet with tarpaulin and stapling it to the frame. Ripping up freshly laid floor tiles won't impress the mrs at all.... ("but what about the resale value?" she'll say, and i'll think "but what about the smell? :))

Do you know how to be able to vent through plastic without letting light through? (long ducting?)

P

polar3

Vent through plastic:

--20cm x 30cm rectangular hole covered by a rectangular flap large enough to keep the light out, say 60cm x 90cm or so. The flap is secured along only the top edge. The flap is on the inside of the room. Hydrohut vents are flaps. Their site pics could provide an example
--Two 90 degree PVC pipe elbows glued together in an "S" fashion to trap the light would also work.

or for ducting through the plastic without tearing. These work awesome.

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

the filter of your vacuumvleaner is made out of a materiaal that is virtually light proof and lets out/in air. You may be able to to find it in a garage or so, for a big enough piece. It does clog after time wtih dust Or you ca njust cover you window with wood and cut a hole in the wood and atach duct pipe/hose with a good curl in the ducting.
Good luck

U

ukcheesehead

the filter of your vacuumvleaner is made out of a materiaal that is virtually light proof and lets out/in air. You may be able to to find it in a garage or so, for a big enough piece. It does clog after time wtih dust Or you ca njust cover you window with wood and cut a hole in the wood and atach duct pipe/hose with a good curl in the ducting.
Good luck

or get some cooker hood filter 3 layers and its 110% light tight . but air can still be sucked in, i use it on my passive takes on my small growroom .£3.95 for 2

F

FastForward

Okay...have redesigned it.....

Any ventilation gurus here? Does this work? Have tried to keep negative pressure throughout but I'm not sure it works....

Grow design 2
Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

I would put the filter in the 600 room an use duct pipe. u can use card board, plastic and duct tape to make a pipe that will last for a run;)

F

FastForward

Thanks DH...i've posted on UK420 and I think this setup is too complicated and might not work efficiently (e.g. the t pipe destroying airflow). I've revised it to keep it simpler, it's just a bit more expensive. I gotta get work or find cash fast...

Grow design 3
og dmc

og dmc

A 400 mh for veg is a bit large for a 600w flowering room. You may be able to save some money going with a 250. I also recomend a hps for veg, I had a 250 mh I used for veging and I sold it, I didnt think the growth was as good as hps.

leadplant

leadplant

You got the space, the hard part is over.
I get pretty para about fire so I cover
the floor with cement board pieces
and lined the walls with sheet metal.
Are those tents fireproof?
Heat buildup could getcha unless its winter.
A little consolidation is possible without much sacrifice
by having one bud chamber in the whole
room and moving the veg/mom fluoro box elsewhere like a cabinet
or closet grown microstyle. Easier to lightproof
and spreads the heat.

K

Karma Genetics

I have to see that with that room i would go with a 2 lamp flower room. And a small veg mom clone room with only the 4 x 55watt tubes. I think that will give you much more bud in a year with the same risk.........

Keep bonsai moms, grow clones in a small pot and then flower right away.....................

Latest posts

Top Bottom