help with sealed tent!... humidity problems

• Thread starter lowdowndirty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lowdowndirty

ok guys. so ive been using a 5x5 tent with a 1k for a few grows and i love it. BUT i just added co2 so now it has turned into a sealed tent. the temps are fine but humidity is around 70-80, and im in colorado where its super dry climate. i figure when summer comes ill have to get an a/c so whats a good size a/c unit for a 5x5x7? and that will dehumidify as well?

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

wat up dude check it out.i also got a tent and the size is just lil more biger than yours,i am not runing co2 but i do have an ac outside the tent with a ducting hooked up to it so it can push the cool inside the tent.i also had a humidity problem aswell so what i did is my boy S.STREETS told me to go purchase an dehumidifier asap so i did and it was the best thing i did ur defently going to need one no doubt about it my mind. a 30 pint or 50 pint dehumifier should be more than enuf it realy dosent mater much what pint size it is realy, but just remember the biger the # gets the less you have to dump oout the water i got a kenmore 50 pint at sears dont know if they have them out there in CO but it works perfect i got to empty the buket once every 24 hours it fills up with water. and as far as an ac unit 10,000 or 12,000 btu would also be more than enuf the more the better i think but thats just me..i spend 500$ on an AC/dehumidier/fan combo unit one and let me tell you the dehuimidifier isint that good on it i thot i would for the cash i spent in it but that just wasant the case.so i had to purchase an extra dehu well worth every penny in those 2 items make sure to get insurace lol :giggle cuzz you dont want to get hustled.hope this helps :volcano:

B

ballzdeep

If your running a sealed room, a dehumidifier is absolutely essential. I hope that your not too far along, b/c where i live 70-80% humidity equals bud rot. I have a couple dehu's and they both have on board humidistats, which i have found to be pretty unreliable. Buy a separate humidistat to control the dehu, simply program the humidistat and plug your dehu into it. Also install the drain hose on the dehu and lead it to a drain, that way you never have to empty the bucket or worry about the bucket being filled and your dehu turning off, subsequently turning your room into a fungus growth chamber. With a humidistat and dehu with the drain hose installed its completely automated and you have to do nothing except to check that everything is functioning properly, and a hygrometer will do that for you too. Now the dehu gives off heat, so you may need to invest in an a/c unit sooner than you think. IMO an a/c unit is absolutely necessary for a sealed room as well. Hope that helps.

G

gudkarma

dude above just dropped some serious yet simple wisdom.

how do you get rid of humidity in a sealed grow space?

only one answer...

L

lowdowndirty

thanks for the quick feedback guys! looks like i got a little more on my plate that i thought when i got that co2 and sealed that mf'er. and i used to have my carbon filter hanging>light>fan>outside. thats out so do you guys just scrub your tents with the filter? i hope the co2 makes up in weight for all this extra shit im gonna have taking up floor space now
ballzdeep, ive got the girls 18/6 in there now im waiting to flip the switch till i get optimal settings in there, thanks for the help and concern

does the a/c and dehu use quite a bit of power?

G

gudkarma

i built my lab to be sealed.

i also added in/out vents to the outside world.

its very tempting to use co2... but it's a big hassle too.
in/out air works for me right now.

i bit o' power? do some appliance research. i have 9 amps in my space just for a/c , heater , or de-heuy. i keep one of each to handle any situation that requires a control.

a de-heuy is always in the room & used at night only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom