Help with sealing off a closet -order proof basically a tent in the closet

• Thread starter bongboy8200
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bongboy8200

What's up guys. Too start I know I can cram tents in there and thats what I might do.... I was on a 400w hps for bloom and 200w cfl to veg. I have 2 150w leds for now. and all the old stuff.

I can more space out of just building my own "tent". I'm around 2.5'x6x8. I had a closet I used in the past same size. Light wasn't an issue but I never put intake out take holes so I'd keep the door open when the hps was running. The entire house stunk LOL and I was able to cover it up with someone that I lived with that smoked pot. So i just blamed it on that when people came in LOL. Painted flat white and car shield things on the door side. I was getting around 2g/watt dry

I can use my older closet to veg clone. Split it 4' for veg and 2' to clone/seeds

The new closet would need to be as close as possible to odor free. Can I can the tent material and some how glue it together. I can use pvc or metal frames for support. I bought one of those steam saunas stoned at like 3am thats huge and would be perfect. It's cheap material and cheap PVC for like $300....

Any idea's? any body do anything similar?

Newty

Newty

You will need an exhaust fan, filter, and a hole somewhere to pull the air out of the closet, this will take care of most of the smell.

You can buy mylar rolls from companies like AC Infinity and put them everywhere. It will help with light reflection, you could probably HVAC foil tape all the seams where the pieces overlap.

You could also build a room inside the closet. PVC sheets cut to the size of the room and seal all the joints with silicone.

or buy the Spider Farmer 55"x28"x80" grow tent for $112 from Amazon, it's pretty close to the same size as the closet. You would spend more then that in mylar and foil tape.

I have that Spider Farmer tent if you want some pics of it.

Last edited:
B

bongboy8200

You will need an exhaust fan, filter, and a hole somewhere to pull the air out of the closet, this will take care of most of the smell.

You can buy mylar rolls from companies like AC Infinity and put them everywhere. It will help with light reflection, you could probably HVAC foil tape all the seams where the pieces overlap.

You could also build a room inside the closet. PVC sheets cut to the size of the room and seal all the joints with silicone.

or buy the Spider Farmer 55"x28"x80" grow tent for $112 from Amazon, it's pretty close to the same size as the closet. You would spend more then that in mylar and foil tape.

I have that Spider Farmer tent if you want some pics of it.
Thanks man. That's pretty much where my head was at... I saw those tents. I have a fan and scrubber just never used them and wasn't sure if that would be enough or if it really needed to be sealed. the PVC sheets and sealed with silicone is kinda what I was thinking, didn't know what I can use for the covering. No clue what PVC sheets are lol but I'll google.

Newty

Newty

Thanks man. That's pretty much where my head was at... I saw those tents. I have a fan and scrubber just never used them and wasn't sure if that would be enough or if it really needed to be sealed. the PVC sheets and sealed with silicone is kinda what I was thinking, didn't know what I can use for the covering. No clue what PVC sheets are lol but I'll google.
PVC sheets I'm talking about are 8'x4' sheets just like plywood or dry wall except they are made out of PVC.

I know I already mentioned the Spider Farmer tent, like I said it's about the same size of the closet. You could put exhaust fan outside of the tent so you can use the full height of the tent and there would be a little room for a humidifier, other equipment, and supplies, etc in the closet next to the tent. You also would no longer have to worry about cutting a hole somewhere to release exhaust because the tent is it's own room and you can exhaust right in the closet.

The PVC sheets I'm talking about are around $50 each at Home Depot, buying 2 sheets would be pretty much the same as buying the Spider Farmer tent.

B

bongboy8200

PVC sheets I'm talking about are 8'x4' sheets just like plywood or dry wall except they are made out of PVC.

I know I already mentioned the Spider Farmer tent, like I said it's about the same size of the closet. You could put exhaust fan outside of the tent so you can use the full height of the tent and there would be a little room for a humidifier, other equipment, and supplies, etc in the closet next to the tent. You also would no longer have to worry about cutting a hole somewhere to release exhaust because the tent is it's own room and you can exhaust right in the closet.

The PVC sheets I'm talking about are around $50 each at Home Depot, buying 2 sheets would be pretty much the same as buying the Spider Farmer tent.
Yeah man, it's totally not worth it. I grabbed an AC infinity and a vivosun 2 in 1 for like $225 it just isn't worth it make a little more space. Thanks for the help man. Now i'm onto how many watt's and gph pump ill need and if I should switch over to GH nutes

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have a 2x4x6 AC Infinity tent in a bedroom closet. I took the sliding doors off the closet to make access easier. For the exhaust, I have an inline fan and a charcoal filter on top of the tent. I also have an air purifier and dehumidifier in the same room. I've been using it for a few years now and don't have any complaints. My wife is the one who has issues with odors and adding the charcoal filter solved that problem.

Newty

Newty

Yeah man, it's totally not worth it. I grabbed an AC infinity and a vivosun 2 in 1 for like $225 it just isn't worth it make a little more space. Thanks for the help man. Now i'm onto how many watt's and gph pump ill need and if I should switch over to GH nutes
I ran 10 plants no problem off a $25 Vivosun 800 gph submersible pump, this was with a drip system. It fed water through a 3/4" tube 6 feet up, 4 feet down, and 6 feet horizontal. I had 2 drip nozzles for each plant so 20 drip nozzles total. Not sure if you were doing a drip type system or hydro.

I use General Hydroponics Flora Series, I was using the General Organics series for awhile but it ended up clogging the drippers so I switched to GH Flora Series. Definitely run nutrients that are highly water soluble if your run a drip system or you will run into clogging like I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom