Help with seedlings

• Thread starter vinoslatt_24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nine

Nine

I’m a big believer in the KISS method .. keep it simple... if you’re germinating for soil production the rockwool is not only redundant, it complicates things. Throw it away. If you need further advice on germination protocols, please reach out and I’d be more than happy to share my protocols. Brother, I’ve germinated a shit ton of seed (possibly literally).

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I love the poster & yes patience is key but this is a reoccurring theme unfortunately. I just let my previous seedlings go 3-4 weeks looking like this to see for the late start but no results. before throwing out I checked the rootball and nothing was there bar the taproot basically. When I repotted into the Depot soil yesterday, it still only had the taproot. The last variable to change is my soil, I even brought a new humidity dome lol. Unfortunately the Depot soil I picked is similar to the promix so I’m not expecting a difference. Some decent news is that today i was able to find some happy frog & fox farm today so Im gonna plant a seeds later and see what happens. I’ll keep these going as well just in case of a miracle. Your girls look beautiful by the way in the tent 👍

three to four weeks is a long time to have only the two root showing. What’s your average temperature running. If your below 60F you have much slower development.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Lime to peat?

I add 1/2 cup of vermiculite or pearlite, (I'm not picky) and 6 not so heaping tablespoons of lime to a 3 gallon mix.
Crap, I always miss something. Water the lime in a week or more before using the mix! I go with a week because I'm mold paranoid. ;)

Nine

Nine

Just a thought, if you’re concerned about root development, try switching from t5 (I assume you’re using) to t8. Reduce your light to 20 hours. It’s a similar protocol I use for cuttings to encourage root development. Also, what nutrient profile are you using?

vinoslatt_24

vinoslatt_24

three to four weeks is a long time to have only the two root showing. What’s your average temperature running. If your below 60F you have much slower development.

average right now is 79-81. The lowest I’ve recorded at night was 75. The spring/summer weather has been consistent for me this time around

vinoslatt_24

vinoslatt_24

Just a thought, if you’re concerned about root development, try switching from t5 (I assume you’re using) to t8. Reduce your light to 20 hours. It’s a similar protocol I use for cuttings to encourage root development. Also, what nutrient profile are you using?

I was worried about my lighting until I realized there wasn’t a difference after putting previous seedlings under both my t5 or 100w. I have moved my 100w closer from about 6-12 inches and the plants stayed stagnant. No signs of light burn after a few days or even death. That’s when I switched my attention eventually to my soil & type of mediums I was attempting to germinate in. I was going to run with botanicare this time around, but I haven’t used any nutes so far since my 2nd or 3rd set never comes in. I’ve only used rain water by itself or rain water with a dose kelp. I collected rain water thinking maybe my tap is contaminated but no changes either

vinoslatt_24

vinoslatt_24

Crap, I always miss something. Water the lime in a week or more before using the mix! I go with a week because I'm mold paranoid. ;)

appreciate it man. I repotted again but I added the lime with the promix. 1 plant has promix with added lime, another has pro w/ happy frog & my last one has straight happy frog in it. It might be to late for them but i have a lot of time so why not lol

sambapati

sambapati

appreciate it man. I repotted again but I added the lime with the promix. 1 plant has promix with added lime, another has pro w/ happy frog & my last one has straight happy frog in it. It might be to late for them but i have a lot of time so why not lol
Put the lime in the coconut and mix them both together put the lime in the coconut and then you'll feel beta'

Top Bottom