Help with SOG strain

• Thread starter Budhog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budhog

Hello Farmers,

I am gonna try a sog and have a few moms to pick from. Which of these do you think will do well using the SOG method? I really want to try to use what I have.

Tahoe OG
Larry OG
Bubba Kush
LA Confidential
Chem Dawg
Snowcap
ATF
White Widow

So, what do you think? Which one(s) would you run?

M

Malachi

I would say Bubba or Larry ... check out this thread by GrowMaster he does (3) different SOG gardens indoors in raised beds. He uses Skunk#1, Bubba, and OG respectively.

B

bdawgburner

OG imo isnt a good sog strain. I would go with the bubba, i run it in a sog and really like how it performs. I would stick to more indica dom strains that dont like to branch out for a good sog.

P

purpleblockhead

ive never used any of those strains in sog sorry but im a sog pro i can tell you what i look 4 in a sog strain!!!!!!!!!! i look 4 a strain that dosnt streach 2 much just a little!! and it has 2 bulk up when flowerd short, ive had my best sucess with granddaddy, pre 98 bubba kush, purple wreck, and hash plant, if you use a strain that streachs its going 2 stop light from getting 2 the bottom of the plants, the strains i use yield me around a oz off a 12-15 inch plant, when i throw them into flower they just start flowering theres hardly any streach at all, the hardest part is getting your spacing and size of the plant perfect, good luck pm if you have any questions

T

Thallamus

So far tried several different strains in my new sog chamber. Here's my breakdown:
white widow, odyssey, jack, querkle, green crack, and sour grape.
For size (cola dom) I like the ody. quality very goog, weight 15g per unit.
The jack stretched too much, quality was super good but wt was only 12-15g per unit.
Green crack, super vigor, really good quality, stretched a bit too much, 15-19g per unit.
The querkle was great, 23g per unit, but it takes too long to clone.
The Widow was great, 32g per unit, but 10 wk strain.
The grapes are up now. Looking really good, great vigor, cola dom (so far). I'm expecting over 28g per unit.
I'd like to try GDP, blue dream, holy grail, hog and a few others.
My goal is finding the genes that best express what I want. Have quite a few moms already and babies are in the mix:)
-T

G

grow4food

:hi
I have been using Northern Lights #5 in a SOG for about 10 months. I go straight from rooted clones to flowering without any veg. time. I grow in a tent so height matters. The NL is low oder, stretching has never been a problem and NL finishes in eight weeks of flowering time.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Re: NL #5

How many grams are you yeilding per unit on the nl on the sog? My wife and i are seasoned growers but are doing our first sog and really like the medicinal properties of this strain.

Top Bottom