Help with SS baster

• Thread starter nickcapuano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nickcapuano

i broke the threads off the threaded injector and now im having a problem with an adapter i made for my tube. does anyone use something other than the threaded piece that comes with these? or have another idea that will make a good seal?

Help with ss baster
Help with ss baster 2
S

slimjoint

Take that injection tip off and just stick the butane adaptor right inside it fits perfectly. (the little adapters most butane comes with)

N

nickcapuano

Take that injection tip off and just stick the butane adaptor right inside it fits perfectly. (the little adapters most butane comes with)

i tried that after the injection tip broke. the vector came with some adapters that fit right inside and that worked for a few runs. But on the last two runs, when i push the butane can down, it pushes the adapter farther down into the hole to the point the butane wont spray. when it happens in the middle of a run it screws the oil up while the plant matter is in contact with the butane until i fix the tip.

i was hoping to get away with doing it like that but every adapter i try keeps pushing into the tube.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Those basters are pretty cheap, just scoop up another one. You'd have less headaches that way. Sucks cause I have an extra just in case this happens lol How are you filtering your tane after it goes through? Coffee filter with screen? I have a glass extractor that I have been using, but I recently snagged a BBBTB to see the difference in yield and quality.

N

nickcapuano

Those basters are pretty cheap, just scoop up another one. You'd have less headaches that way. Sucks cause I have an extra just in case this happens lol How are you filtering your tane after it goes through? Coffee filter with screen? I have a glass extractor that I have been using, but I recently snagged a BBBTB to see the difference in yield and quality.

yeah ill probably just buy another one. i thought maybe someone had an even better solution than that piece so figured i would ask.

yes i use a stainless steel screen and coffee filter held on with a hose clamp.

let us know the results of the comparison between your tube and baster when you try it out. is your glass extractor a similar size?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
larger I can put a zip per run in my glass, of bud. I did a practice run and got a gram from 7.8g of popcorny bud. I get about 4-5g per run with 28g in the glass extractor. Plus I have 0 back pressure or possibility of blow out with my glass. Just a beeotch to clean. I didn't like the pressure pushing back with the baster. How much can you get in yours? Tricks to getting the bud into the funnel good?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Don't Really Understand

But it sounds like you are pressing down too hard with your butane, you only need to press hard enough to get the butane flowing and make a seal with the top of the baster. I use vecter butane and it comes with an assortment of tip sizes to choose from. Those SS turkey basters are almost indestructable, good luck

mal

N

nickcapuano

larger I can put a zip per run in my glass, of bud. I did a practice run and got a gram from 7.8g of popcorny bud. I get about 4-5g per run with 28g in the glass extractor. Plus I have 0 back pressure or possibility of blow out with my glass. Just a beeotch to clean. I didn't like the pressure pushing back with the baster. How much can you get in yours? Tricks to getting the bud into the funnel good?

i get about the same in mine, about 8g and produce about 1. im not sure if you mean tricks to getting it in the funneled part of the baster? if so, i just have a small diameter and large diameter poking rod that i use to press the bud into the baster a little at a time. the smaller one is just a threaded rod from home depot that fits perfectly in the small funnel hole that i also use to clean it out when done. the larger one is a wood dowel rod almost as large as the other opening.

i dont like the back pressure either but i thought that was necessary. i have only made oil with the BBBTB so that is all i know. i definitely like the idea of 0 back pressure and no blow out possibility. why is the pressure difference so great? is it because of the funneling or diameter of the tube?

N

nickcapuano

But it sounds like you are pressing down too hard with your butane, you only need to press hard enough to get the butane flowing and make a seal with the top of the baster. I use vecter butane and it comes with an assortment of tip sizes to choose from. Those SS turkey basters are almost indestructable, good luck

mal

i have been using vector lately and using the largest adapter that comes with it and placing it right in the hole. but even when pressing just hard enough to spray and keep a seal, the adapter keeps pushing through. i have been rigging it up by taking one of those adapters and wrapping about 1/4" of the top with different materials to make it a bit larger and it has been working for now, just a bit of a pain to get it in and out vs that original piece. :)

C

cannabinoid

doesn't each new can of vector come with a new adapter? how many extractions are you guys doing per can lol

N

nickcapuano

another question for those using the ss basters, how much butane are you using on a fully packed tube?

smokum

smokum

Personally, I use one can and just purge off the excess... others report only using 1/2 to 3/4 can, or until the butane runs clear.

Top Bottom