Help With Starting

• Thread starter 416
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

hi everyone just started growing i've already germinated my seeds and ready to plant in solo cups im using pro mix hp for now and will move to ffof just want to know after I plant my seeds 1/4 inch deep whats the water schedule supposed to be and how long on average does it take to see it sprout. Im putting the seeds under 2 blue cfl lights with the humidity up to 50% and temps stay at about 27 degrees celcius. Also on how to care for the seeds while they are starting in the solo cups

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
When they are that young they don’t need much water. Just enough to wet the soil around the root and then wait unit it starts to dry out some before you water it again. Usually just a couple days. They don’t require anything special to get going, just light, moisture and patience.

Wait until they are established before going into FFOF. You might also want to mix in some promix with the FFOF to help dilute the fertilizer in the soil. FFOF can burn seedlings up pretty quickly if you aren’t careful. I’d mix it 50/50 to start.

When they are that young they don’t need much water. Just enough to wet the soil around the root and then wait unit it starts to dry out some before you water it again. Usually just a couple days. They don’t require anything special to get going, just light, moisture and patience.

Wait until they are established before going into FFOF. You might also want to mix in some promix with the FFOF to help dilute the fertilizer in the soil. FFOF can burn seedlings up pretty quickly if you aren’t careful. I’d mix it 50/50 to start.
Thank you so much appreciate the help!!

newh

newh

hello 416,welcome.Switching from promix to ff might not be the best idea,promix is soiless which needs a lower ph,ff is soil which needs higher ph.your babies might struggle with that.If you can start with 50/50 mix like JWM2 said and then when you uppot use the ff only.

New2dagame

New2dagame

hi everyone just started growing i've already germinated my seeds and ready to plant in solo cups im using pro mix hp for now and will move to ffof just want to know after I plant my seeds 1/4 inch deep whats the water schedule supposed to be and how long on average does it take to see it sprout. Im putting the seeds under 2 blue cfl lights with the humidity up to 50% and temps stay at about 27 degrees celcius. Also on how to care for the seeds while they are starting in the solo cups
I would definitely get that humidity closer 70 . When in seedling stage needs high humidity. Happy grow

hello 416,welcome.Switching from promix to ff might not be the best idea,promix is soiless which needs a lower ph,ff is soil which needs higher ph.your babies might struggle with that.If you can start with 50/50 mix like JWM2 said and then when you uppot use the ff only.
So right now i have it in just promix hp my next step when its ready is to transfer it to a 3 gallon pot is that when I should mix half and half or go straight to just ffof? Also still waiting for it to sprout right now

I would definitely get that humidity closer 70 . When in seedling stage needs high humidity. Happy grow
Got it to sit at 70-75 % inside temps i got it at a steady 27.5 degrees is that ideal at this stage? And when lights are off temps drop to about 22 degrees lowest at 21 but i can keep the humidity at 70%+ is that ok? Or lower humidity at night?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you so much appreciate the help!!
FF Happy Frog is less hot, cheaper, and has Mycos too. I have elininated Ocean Forest and replaced it with their coco based mix, (Strawberry Fields ..hot stuff too). I start in the cheapest blandest shit I can find (with NOTHING else in it)..Current mix ..FFHF, FFSF, and coarse perlite..40-40-20..Note: I still get a few gnats per bag and Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew takes care of those.
Welcome and good luck growing.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I live in a very dry climate and need humidifiers always..Seedlings here germinate in a simple tray and heated dome setup (78d F) and when they break ground (errr rockwool..LOL)..they go immediately to a relatively dry area in the house, under a very weak seedling LED light, until they get to the veg tent..never had a problem in the dryness. I use an eye dropper to water them in the beginning.

New2dagame

New2dagame

Got it to sit at 70-75 % inside temps i got it at a steady 27.5 degrees is that ideal at this stage? And when lights are off temps drop to about 22 degrees lowest at 21 but i can keep the humidity at 70%+ is that ok? Or lower humidity at night?
Perfect for Veg..

newh

newh

So right now i have it in just promix hp my next step when its ready is to transfer it to a 3 gallon pot is that when I should mix half and half or go straight to just ffof? Also still waiting for it to sprout right now
if your in promix now you need to be phing your inputs at 5.8 to 6.2 with the soil you should ph at 6.3 to 6.5 the jump in ph might set them back for a minute till they get used to a new medium.Try keeping the ph above 6.0 with your feedings so it is at least on the high end when you uppot.

Reactions: 416
Top Bottom