Help With Sweeteners

• Thread starter Disco Duck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

now I would also use a high potassium, supplement such as GH Kool bloom it comes in liquid and powder use the powder after the 4th week of flower, and be careful with it but it helps alot with bud gerth and essential oils so your natural smells and taste come out, i will let you know how my trial goes, but from my reserch thats your best bet/

he's using hammerhead. That's the high k boost.

And as was said. Do NOT use molasses in your non organic rdwc or dwc.
If I were u I'd close this thread now before you get more confused or just get a bunch of more bad info
PEACE

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
good sence

you could build your own soil and not worry about anything but adding sweetners and carbs. I don't know if your an organic farmer or cash cropper but I assume your concerned about flavor and to that point organic soil recipes best any other method hands down, not to mention its a lot less headache. Not hating on any method but i enjoy the flavor of medical cannabis and after runnning both areoponics and dwc I've found soil just brings the flavor.

yea what he said lol

good option also ph7farms

dont think hes their yet hes running a DWC
wonder how that works I know when I started I was all about the hydro .........guess I still am but im in coco much more economical
didnt like dumping out all that nute every week or 2 and no chiller
hand water when I did DWC in rughneck totes it didnt take me long to understand that dwc was not really my grow style
got chemical romance and would in the future like to do a side by side with coco and homemade soil and give a side by side taste test and resin compairson ok q the dancing bunnys :icon_animal26::icon_animal26::icon_animal26: woooo whoooooo

hay that superthrive DONT USE IT IN FLOWER !!!
unless you want them to reveg the horemones in it trick some strains into reveging be carefull

D

Disco Duck

I'm going with the original list I worked out...

H&G AquaFlakes A+B
H&G DripClean
Bot CalMag+
Bot Silica Blast
AN Hammerhead
MOAB
DM Zone (add H202 if root problem starts to happen again)

I like that I spent a few hours going over all the different addatives again and still couldn't find anything I would want in there. I feel good about this now:-)

This will be my third grow, I have already started thinking maybe I should have just learned soil instead. It was a big decision early on, and I do think someday I will probably switch to soil. It sounds easier, and like you get better quality (especially taste) just not quite as much yeild. But growing for myself I don't really care about yield as much as someone who was selling would, so...

S

smokestack23

I think you'll do fine. once you get the hydro figured-out I don't think you'll want to go organic...well except maybe outdoors.

and again...I've never seen a sideXside or study of organic vs non with weed but with produce...it isn't better to go organic..taste and appearance and nutritional value wise.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

You will not miss the carbs one bit. They arnt even uptakable. Plants drop carbs as waste, not the other way around.

D

Disco Duck

You will not miss the carbs one bit. They arnt even uptakable. Plants drop carbs as waste, not the other way around.

I think this has wound up being a useful thread for a lot of people. Half the things on every company's schedule are actually only useful in soil, and harmful in several ways in hydro, even though all those bottles give dosages for hydro. When I decided to use H&G I looked at Bud XL, but it says it has sugars in it... so I know I don't want it.

I haven't been able to achieve healthy roots yet. Last grow the DM Zone made all the roots in the aeroponic mist healthy, but everything hanging in DWC was black mush. I think it's because the sugars are feeding bad things to kill the roots while doing nothing at all for the plants. I think I am going to have healthy roots this time around now that I know all this.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

We moved to h2o2 and arnt looking back. Might want to check it out.

D

Disco Duck

We moved to h2o2 and arnt looking back. Might want to check it out.

I was going to wait and see if this new mix with DM Zone takes care of it, and add H202 if the roots start to look brown and slimy again... but I don't think they will this time. Do you use special H202 or just the stuff at Walgreens?

The only question I have left is that I've read that H&G uses a lot of Iron, and I am also using Botanicare's CalMag+ and the "+" is an Iron supplement. Should I use a different CalMag with H&G? Will I have too much Iron in there?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I was going to wait and see if this new mix with DM Zone takes care of it, and add H202 if the roots start to look brown and slimy again... but I don't think they will this time. Do you use special H202 or just the stuff at Walgreens?

The only question I have left is that I've read that H&G uses a lot of Iron, and I am also using Botanicare's CalMag+ and the "+" is an Iron supplement. Should I use a different CalMag with H&G? Will I have too much Iron in there?

Nope, calmag rocks w h&g. And Zone, like all dm products is basicly worthless.

S

steelyeyes

I run a full 5 ml/gal of cal mag with H&G on well water and it does the trick.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

feedlot 18 bucks 5 gal for molasses , dextrose and maltose are cheap. Why pay so much for someone to bottle it for you. JK
Dextose added to bud before during or after the Vegetative cycle will eat away at the level of Cannabinol, and Cannabigerol, giving the bud a "diet soda" or "Sweet n low" artificial taste....try adding natural vitamin c from rose hips!!

S

smokestack23

Desert Squirrel kinda knows what he's talking about lol.
He has the sexiest trichs I've EVER seen

So..DS..you're schooling me a bit. Why do you say Zone and the rest of the DM line is useless?
Did you get root problems (other than algae which neither Zone OR H2O2 will help with) while using Zone or do you like the peroxide because it oxygenates?

What DM nutes have you tried that failed for you?

I havent used any DM products other than Zone but have heard a lot of great things about DM. And...in my RDWC, I have NEVER had a root problem. I use Zone one week then SM90 the next. No chillers.

thanks and
PEACE

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Desert Squirrel kinda knows what he's talking about lol.
He has the sexiest trichs I've EVER seen

So..DS..you're schooling me a bit. Why do you say Zone and the rest of the DM line is useless?
Did you get root problems (other than algae which neither Zone OR H2O2 will help with) while using Zone or do you like the peroxide because it oxygenates?

What DM nutes have you tried that failed for you?

I havent used any DM products other than Zone but have heard a lot of great things about DM. And...in my RDWC, I have NEVER had a root problem. I use Zone one week then SM90 the next. No chillers.

thanks and
PEACE

Wow thanks man.

Their nutes havent "failed" just over priced and under worked imo. reverse and zone did fail however. And saturator is a strait joke.

Please tell me more about your sm90 application? I LOVE sm-90, but have been to scared to drop it in the rezz.

D

Disco Duck

If I didn't already have a bottle of DM Zone I would probably just use H202. But the DM Zone did make a huge noticable difference when I started using it. All the roots above the waterline were healthy after I started using that. I thought It had completely solved the problem until I cut them down and saw that everything hanging in DWC was still black mush.

So the Zone seemed to work for me, I just had so many sugars (and a little light getting in) that it wasn't enough to deal with the roots hanging in the water.

I'll just try the Zone at first since I already have it, but if the roots start to go bad I'll try H202 then. Do you use just H202 like the sell at Wallgreens or do you need a special kind?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

35% h2o2...

I dont see how roots above the water line (where there is no zone) is proof that it is working.

Carbs are not uptakable by root systems, why are you using them?

D

Disco Duck

35% h2o2...

I dont see how roots above the water line (where there is no zone) is proof that it is working.

It is a GH Rainforest. RDWC with an aeroponic mist above the waterline. Most of the roots are in the mist above the waterline. The DM Zone Gold noticably fixed the roots above the waterline, but everything in the water was black mush.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
35% h2o2...

yes disco plants are rezillant the roots above the water line proly heald their self I dont down other nutes but at this point it is a risk to go to an unknown nute just be ready to have to learn it like you did with GH

trial & error :hi

J

Jalisco Kid

Dextose added to bud before during or after the Vegetative cycle will eat away at the level of Cannabinol, and Cannabigerol, giving the bud a "diet soda" or "Sweet n low" artificial taste....try adding natural vitamin c from rose hips!!

Can you show studies of that. If my buds would be so much better if I stopped it might turn me to a local hero. I hear my buds have such a deep complex aromas already. I have had people not want to take any bud at the time because they did not want to stink up their car. JK

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Can you show studies of that. If my buds would be so much better if I stopped it might turn me to a local hero. I hear my buds have such a deep complex aromas already. I have had people not want to take any bud at the time because they did not want to stink up their car. JK

Dextrose is going to be too large to be up-taken by the root system, and i doubt your running fungi in your uc. Why bother with the carbs?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You should check out CNS17 cheap and has been the tits! Then you dont need to add calmg. Plenty in there. Same with H&G.

Latest posts

Top Bottom