help with temp

• Thread starter glo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

glo

hey my buddy has a problem with his room temp staying high.

the room is 16x21x10 and temps are always at 97 or 95 alway sabove 90. they bought a 10k btu aircondioner and cranked it on and humidity went down and temp stays at 97. what else for them to do inorder to keep temps down in bloom.

also veg room 11x16x10 and temps are getting high because the bloom roomn is still staying high.

whats their solutions here? each room has a 10k btu i belive and its a sharp.

:sign0065:

Motarebel

Motarebel

Sounds like you have a venting problem,is he using air cooled reflectors? How about a fresh air intake? Air has to circulate to keep cool and as a rule what comes in must go out. So in other words if you use a 10" fresh air intake then at least a 10" exhaust must be installed.

2DogWalker

I think a 10k BTU AC in a room that is lit (by what I would assume to be AT LEAST 10k Watts) is a little less than what they needed. Dude that is a portable ac good enough to possibly cool two 1ks. Just from a very rough estimation of what your boy has got going on, he needs a commercial Air conditioner with a big ol condenser and blower, not something you can throw in the back of a truck and plug in..... Good luck fellas, its gonna be hot this week!

2Dog

517kush

my 10000btu a/c barely works with 2 1000 watt bulbs turned on. im fighting to stay at 78 deg....With 4 x1000 watt turned on. the a/c doesnt reeally work. temps will always be above 90 deg. 2dog said it best. youll need something large to cool that big of a room. good luck & one love

hiboy

hiboy

Yep up the btu or cut down lights, aint no way around that one.
Obviously run your lights at night from like 6pm to 6am, cut any fresh air coming in if its hot out at that time. Draw air for the fresh air intake from cool place if possible. Insulate all your ducting if its not already, meaning wrap it or just install new insulated ducting.
h

G

glo

i just called him and advised him of all this stuff. his lights turn on at 12pm lol so i wonder how hot it gets in there.

how would he be able to change the light schedule i think they have been in bloom for roughly 4 or 5 weeks

anyways for them to change the light schedule?

thanks guys and btw that bloom room has 6 hoods only using 3 now i guess with a co2 burner.

B

Budwiser0908

You need about 3500 btu's per light plus another 4000 for the co2 burner and an extra 3-4000 on the super hot days. Cooling the lights with room chilled air will also help.

hiboy

hiboy

i just called him and advised him of all this stuff. his lights turn on at 12pm lol so i wonder how hot it gets in there.

how would he be able to change the light schedule i think they have been in bloom for roughly 4 or 5 weeks

anyways for them to change the light schedule?

thanks guys and btw that bloom room has 6 hoods only using 3 now i guess with a co2 burner.

Just have them not turn on at 12pm and wait till 6pm. youll be fine. Your c02 burner is creating alot of heat too

h

Top Bottom