Help With Weed Conservation

• Thread starter AlbaNinja84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Sometimes i buy some weed and need to conserve it for about 2 weeks.
It's usually quite dry but sometimes a bit humid.
The one I keep for myself goes in a big jar and gets better with time.
The rest tends to deteriorate in plastic bags, buying 2+ pounds at a time i can't put it in a glass jar.
Have a vacuum seal machine but seems to deteriorate also in there if the weed isn't perfectly dried.
Any suggestions? What if i vacuum seal and put it in the fridge?

madgrower

madgrower

I have a friend that sucks the air out of bag and puts it in the freezer.i find vacuum sealing to much squeezes it and it becomes a big block of weed that has to be ripped apart

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

I have a friend that sucks the air out of bag and puts it in the freezer.i find vacuum sealing to much squeezes it and it becomes a big block of weed that has to be ripped apart

The first machine i had bought i trew away because of that. Now i have one were you can manually decide how much air to remove.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Vac sealed in a mason jar as long as rh is stable -60%. This is for long term
Store in cool dark place

Short term, mason jar, no vac, 1x medium size 62% broveda pack. Close tightly
Store in a cool dark place

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Vac sealed in a mason jar as long as rh is stable -60%. This is for long term
Store in cool dark place

Short term, mason jar, no vac, 1x medium size 62% broveda pack. Close tightly
Store in a cool dark place
Bovedas been making ppl fail tests I heard alot recently here in Oregon, the rec grow I have been working with lately had to switch to Integra packs, guess they don't fail tests. Don't ask, I don't know the difference lol.
Also storing flower in the freezer, water gets trapped inside and ruins the terp profile, always smells the same. Mildewy weird.
Best method was what demontrich mentioned, but with Integra due to testing purposes. Just what I have seen work the best for overall preservation.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Mold proliferates at 13% moisture content. Fridge adds moisture through plastic. Frostless freezer removes it.

I store in Glasslock, they have much better sizes than canning jars. When I lived in the south we stored in ziplocs til the funk multiplied then vacced it to ferment. It takes more work in the desert. You cant leave it in a turkey bag if you're in death valley, you gotta seal it up and burp it constantly, vac or jar.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Mold proliferates at 13% moisture content. Fridge adds moisture through plastic. Frostless freezer removes it.

I store in Glasslock, they have much better sizes than canning jars. When I lived in the south we stored in ziplocs til the funk multiplied then vacced it to ferment. It takes more work in the desert. You cant leave it in a turkey bag if you're in death valley, you gotta seal it up and burp it constantly, vac or jar.
A "frostless freezer" or an auto defrost will still have quite a bit of moisture. All it does is melt frost every several hours. It isn't actually "frostless", and condensation does occur with it. My sister has one, nothing special except it defrosts for ya.

Screenshot 20180331 084147
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

The rest tends to deteriorate in plastic bags, buying 2+ pounds at a time i can't put it in a glass jar.
Have a vacuum seal machine but seems to deteriorate also in there if the weed isn't perfectly dried.
Try adding boveda 62 humidipacks to the bags they keep your buds at the perfect humidity.

C

Cannibal Joe

You can freeze it for awhile , in steriled Mason jars. I've kept some for a couple of months.

Top Bottom