Help with yellowing leaves

• Thread starter Bloud1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bloud1

Bloud1

Hello this is my first grow, i have looked at A lot of the charts and info about deficiencies and I still can’t pinpoint what the problem is with this plant. It is A 6 week old white widow grown in fox farm soil, and have been feeding it fox farm nutes. I checked PH of runoff water and it’s about 6.4 . Would anyone happen to know what’s wrong with this plant?

Help with yellowing leaves
Help with yellowing leaves 2
Help with yellowing leaves 3
Help with yellowing leaves 4
Bloud1

Bloud1

Thank you, I have only given it plain PHd water this week hoping it would help

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello this is my first grow, i have looked at A lot of the charts and info about deficiencies and I still can’t pinpoint what the problem is with this plant. It is A 6 week old white widow grown in fox farm soil, and have been feeding it fox farm nutes. I checked PH of runoff water and it’s about 6.4 . Would anyone happen to know what’s wrong with this plant?
Early potassium deficiency ?
Screenshot 20200530 131115 Chrome
Screenshot 20200530 131309 Google
Screenshot 20200530 131326 Google

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The Fox Farm soil already has enough nutrients in it to feed your plant for months. When you add additional nutes, you can change the nute ratio, which can cause lockouts, but it can also cause nute burn if there is too much nutrients in the soil. When your leaf ends turn downward, known as "clawing", it usually suggests too much Nitrogen. If you start to see jagged leaves or twisted leaves, especially in new growth, it is usually a p or a K excess. Using too much Cal-Mag with high levels of P can also cause issues. Cut way back on the nutes and your plants will thank you... currently you are doing the equivalent of feeding a newborn a pizza and a pastrami sandwich for every meal... not healthy! It might take a while to totally recover and the damaged leaves won't repair themselves, but if the new growth looks good, then you should be OK.

Bloud1

Bloud1

Okay thank you everyone. I was planning on changing over to 12/12 light schedule. Would it be a good idea to wait until new growth looks better?

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
The only nutrient I like to use in Foxfarm or any other soil is worm-casting tea, at any stage before flower unless I see the soil missing something. Its harder than fuck to burn roots with that stuff. Its is awesome and I highly recommend to new growers that want to use soil. Most hydro shops have it, it has a shelf life and shouldn't be stored if that can be avoided.

Give this a try before you flip the lights. Trust me. 😀

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Okay thank you everyone. I was planning on changing over to 12/12 light schedule. Would it be a good idea to wait until new growth looks better?
Yes. Make sure that you have good new growth, since that will be the base for your buds to grow on. If the plant is growing well, it will make good buds. If the plant is struggling to grow, it will struggle more when flowering. Get everything growing well and then flip... you don't need to wait for them to grow another foot, just be sure the new growth is good and full.

Top Bottom