Help

• Thread starter Fat Freddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

I would like to know if anyone else out there has encountered difficulties
with the Michigan application process. I started the process on oct 20 2010.
Due to a misunderstanding on my part I did not send in all of the required paper work. I received a denial of application with a instructions to include a copy of my photo i.d. and a letter stating that I am collecting Social security Disability.
I sent in a copy of a letter form the ss office that stated I would be receiving my disability payments. I sent in a photo copy of my driver's lic, medicade card and a copy of my money order.

Low an behold I get a registered letter today stating that I need to have my doctors recommendation redone due to a typo error i.e. the date did not say oct 20, 2010 ( The 2010 part had been omitted! ) In the letter I receiver they also requested another statement from Social security stating that I was disabled. And that I was to have my attending doctor to fill out a new recommendation! In addition the letter implies that I should also submit an additional $75.00 bucks. :mad0229:

I need to know if there is a attorney out there that will handle this Pro Bono?
Being on a fixed income sux and I need help. ;(

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Good luck, buddy. Sorry I can't help. Love your handle; is it tribute to the Freak Bros?

H

Herban Legend

You gonna probably just have to do what they say and get all the paperwork together again, but I would just send in the proper paperwork and the $25 fee since your on disability.
I know you already sent them $25 but to speed up the process I would just send it again and request a refund if they think you overpaid. They have returned a refund to me for an extra $10 change form check.
Think thats about all you can do, an attorney cant make them do anything more than you can do yourself, just make some calls and get the ball rolling.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I agree sounds like you should start over but I wouldn't stop growing. That's just me though. The doc I went to put everything in a certified envelope for me. Stoner proof.

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

help replys

My thanks to all who have replied. What you suggest does make sense.
I will take the necessary steps to ensure that I get it right this time.
My plan of action includes contacting the person who has shot me down and ask for her to send me examples of what she wants so that there will be no mastake at all.
I hate red tape, but now I have some scissors.

My thanks.

p.s. Yes altitudefarmer, it is a tribute to the Freak Brothers. used to love thier adventures back in the day.

M

Marijuanito

Definently sounds like your getting the run around. I mailed mine certified myself and a week to the day later my check was cashed and I've been counting. Not much longer now. Good luck man.

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

Definently sounds like your getting the run around. I mailed mine certified myself and a week to the day later my check was cashed and I've been counting. Not much longer now. Good luck man.

Please keep us posted on your progress, with some of the crap going on in Mi atm I am beginning to think this is a stall tactic. While our so called state reps figure out a way to circumvent the will of the people.

Top Bottom