• Thread starter Gnc36
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gnc36

Gnc36

Day 25
Temp:26-28C Nights:20C
Humidity:40-55%
Ph:5.9 (But always rising.Last time it goes 6.6 than i put 2ml Gh Ph down.I mean it changes in one day.I'm using tap water.)
Water Temp:23C Nights:18C
My tap water's ec:160 so i add 1,5ml gro and 1,5ml micro than my ec:230 in this stage i don't want to burn them.
But they are seems bad :worried
Also they are in the rockwools and i'm giving water like 15minutes every hour..

Help
Help 2
Help 3
Help 4
Help 5
Help 6
Help 7
Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Get off of the tapwater if you're going to go soilless in your area. Probably not a good source there.

Gnc36

Gnc36

You are right tapwaters not healty so Today i'll flush my waterfarm with a distelled water with no nutes? or should i put some nutes?i hope it's from the tapwater otherwise it can hurt me..
I'm open to your advices :worried

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Day 25
Temp:26-28C Nights:20C
Humidity:40-55%
Ph:5.9 (But always rising.Last time it goes 6.6 than i put 2ml Gh Ph down.I mean it changes in one day.I'm using tap water.)
Water Temp:23C Nights:18C
My tap water's ec:160 so i add 1,5ml gro and 1,5ml micro than my ec:230 in this stage i don't want to burn them.
But they are seems bad :worried
Also they are in the rockwools and i'm giving water like 15minutes every hour..
Two things right off the bat, first your tapwater's EC, if it's really that low, is pretty good. But what's more important is its starting pH and alkalinity. Alkalinity refers to the water's ability to resist pH change.

Let's say your tapwater has a relatively high alkalinity. That means that when you try to shift pH down, it's going to come back up, every time.

Distilled is too clean, IMO, either mix it with the tap or use well-filtered water.

Honestly though (not having grown using rockwool OR Hydroton clay), as I understand both of these media they're both prone to driving pH upward. There are a few threads on here about pH behavior in similar situations, you should start searching through the farm.

M

MIway

When you say ec:230 & 160... do you mean .160 & .230??? Or are you converting to ppm's? Either way, that is low... for starting ppm's/ec outta the tap, but very low for your nute strength.

Don't think you mean 2.30 & 1.60 for ec, but...?

And did you preflush the rocks? If not, that is a likely reason you are seeing the pH drift... have to flush the rocks out first.

B

beretta92

I agree with Mlway. I had the same issue with Hydroton until I rinsed the rocks obsessively.

I'm sure there are better ways out there, but this worked for me.

filled a big strainer with the hydroton and sprayed with a garden hose for a few minutes until clear water was draining. You'll get more dust out if you agitate the rocks a bit while spraying.

After all the rocks are rinsed well, I soaked them in PH'd adjusted RO water overnight.

It takes a little while, but I did notice my PH rising was minimal after that.

I've also heard mixing in a small amount of bleach when soaking the rocks but havent tried it.

Gnc36

Gnc36

Help..

Thanks for your replys but yesterday i gave them a clean ph balanced(5.5) ro water from my local shop and today when i came from work and when i see them there is no changes where do you thing i'm wrong?
I don't think it's from temp
Because Day:28C Night:22C
Humidity Day:%55 Night:%40
Water temp:23C
And i got a good air circulation with rvk225 m3 fan in dr90tent with honeywell fan.
by the way i'm using waterfarm and i'm giving water from rings like 15minutes in hour.
waiting for your advices :worried

DSC00059
DSC00060
DSC00061
B

BavarianFarmer

When I used drip buckets I had my timer 15 minutes every 3 hours at least. The rockwool stays moist a long time...
Bavarian Farmer

Latest posts

Top Bottom