Help!!!

• Thread starter Gamrstwin36
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlterNation

AlterNation

I mix my own from mineral concentrates. AKA raw salts. There's a learning curve and I am an amateur, but it saves a lot of money in the long run because you're not paying for all that liquid or the brand name. There is not one single nutrient formula available in any hydro store that contains anything you can't just mix up yourself if you have the right ingredients. Up front investment, but it works out to pennies on the dollar to keep it simple.

I also started adding fulvic acid and I don't have to water as often now. I feed for 30 seconds 4x per day during veg and my flowers get 30 seconds every 4 hours. That's how it is right now, just because. No real reason. My next challenge is to get on the foliar feeds, but like I said, you have to know your strain, and to know your strain you have to grow it a bunch of times.

In theory, coco is reusable. This is my first run with it and I'm likely to end up just buying fresh so I don't have to deal with it, but that is one of the main reasons/benefits to growing in coco. It is reusable. You just rinse it out really well after the run with hot water (maybe some kind of chelating agent?) and then once it dries up a bit, rinse it again using nutrients to precharge it. At least, that's how I was taught. I cut my coco with growstones (some people use hydroton, or pumice, or lava rocks) and I plan to reuse them, also, although rumor has it that they leach Si, which can fuck up PH in the soil. But that's why I have my handy dandy soil ph meter! So we'll see. It just makes the coco a lot airier, which means you have to water more often, but it also means more oxygen to help the plants eat as much as they want and grow as fast as they can.

EDIT: My system is fuckin' whack, and needs quite a few tweaks, so if I say numbers or whatever, don't take that as like, "you should do this."

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I mix my own from mineral concentrates. AKA raw salts. There's a learning curve and I am an amateur, but it saves a lot of money in the long run because you're not paying for all that liquid or the brand name. But there is not one single nutrient formula available in any hydro store that contains anything you can't just mix up yourself if you have the right ingredients. Up front investment, but it works out to pennies on the dollar to keep it simple.

I also started adding fulvic acid and I don't have to water as often now. I feed for 30 seconds 4x per day during veg and my flowers get 30 seconds every 4 hours. That's how it is right now, just because. No real reason. My next challenge is to get on the foliar feeds, but like I said, you have to know your strain, and to know your strain you have to grow it a bunch of times.

In theory, coco is reusable. This is my first run with it and I'm likely to end up just buying fresh so I don't have to deal with it, but that is one of the main reasons/benefits to growing in coco. It is reusable. You just rinse it out really well after the run with hot water (maybe some kind of chelating agent?) and then once it dries up a bit, rinse it again using nutrients to precharge it. At least, that's how I was taught. I cut my coco with growstones (some people use hydroton, or pumice, or lava rocks) and I plan to reuse them, also, although rumor has it that they leach Si, which can fuck up PH in the soil. But that's why I have my handy dandy soil ph meter! So we'll see. It just makes the coco a lot airier, which means you have to water more often, but it also means more oxygen to help the plants eat as much as they want and grow as fast as they can.

EDIT: My system is fuckin' whack, and needs quite a few tweaks, so if I say numbers or whatever, don't take that as like, "you should do this."

I was really pondering if i should take that route. Before my uncle died year's and years ago. He did the same..he even claimed to have created his own booster for bloom. I have all his old notes only thing he left me in his will but it's chicken scratches. .My mom can only read his script. But i am trying to figure out if staying indoors or going back outdoors where i started is right for ME in my disabled condition. .I'll pm u bro..

AlterNation

AlterNation

It's pretty legit. It makes sense, too. This way, if you have a strain that likes a little more P or a little less N or whatever, you can really respond to exactly what your plants want. With ready mixes, you don't really get to do that. Of course...doing itwith soil is a whole different ballgame for a number of reasons. One of the reason coco works so well is because it starts out inert and you know exactly what it's going to do pretty much every time. Control the environment + control the media + control the nutrients = total control...for the most part.

Do it. Always happy to make a new connection.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

It's pretty legit. It makes sense, too. This way, if you have a strain that likes a little more P or a little less N or whatever, you can really respond to exactly what your plants want. With ready mixes, you don't really get to do that. Of course...doing itwith soil is a whole different ballgame for a number of reasons. One of the reason coco works so well is because it starts out inert and you know exactly what it's going to do pretty much every time. Control the environment + control the media + control the nutrients = total control...for the most part.

Do it. Always happy to make a new connection.

Makes sense reason why my uncle was strictly organic back in the day..And most nute company's are gimmicks and corporate machines in the long run. Learning your plant food was something i was gonna take a class on before my house fire set me waaay back!!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Sup G36. Good to see you're ur up and runnin. Looks like they got a lil too much N. I'd def flush em good and not hit em with anymore N til they straighten up. Got a few beans ready for ya bro hmu. MGG

I LOOK BACK SIR.. AND i shouldve LISTENED TO YOU WHEN YOU DROPPED THIS KNOWLEDGE. maybe my grow wouldve been ALOT BETTER. never again will i be a knucklehead. Thanks again. just flashingback
Respect

Top Bottom