Helping People with Deficiencies

• Thread starter THCMonster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCMonster

THCMonster

Deficiencies are what most growers run into on here I feel, I figured I would give some basic advice for identifying and correcting Deficiencies for you guys in the future!

A lot of times deficiencies present themselves because the PH inside your media is out of the range that proper nutrients can be uptaken by your plant!
Use this pic as a reference guide to understand what nutrients uptake at what PH range for your plants.
Bluelab grow book english 13jpg

I would highly recommend investing in a PH and PPM/TDS meter asap if you want to grow effectively great smoke time and time again!

For Hydro you want 5.5-6.0ph
For Coco you want 5.8-6.2ph
For peat you want 6.0-6.5ph
For compost dirt you want 6.2-7

These Ph ranges should not change much when you check the run off (water coming out of your pots) to your plants. If it is far off of what you are feeding in, or far off the proper ph ranges listed then you must correct them immediately or deficiencies or even lockout can occur.

Some nutrients or even some additives to nutrient lines can throw off PH, meaning if you dont use the whole nutrient line then you could possibly have deficiencies later down the road (this is not always the case though)

If you seem to be running into deficiencies and the run off ph and ppms are ideal for the media and stage of growing you are in, then that means your plant is not getting enough of these nutrients from the nutrient line or water you are feeding your plants!

In this case you will have to supplement the deficient nutrients in your feed that you feed to your plant.

Many times COCO growers tend to run into calcium deficiency, and later into flower run into magnesium deficiency, this is because cal-mag is not as mobile and has to be re-introduced to the coco every to every other feeding!

Use these charts to better identify what deficiency you may be running into
Helping people with deficiencies 3
Marijuana deficiency chart jorge cervantes

These will give you a better idea as to what maybe going on with your plant!

Again double check the run off of your plants because many times (especially using a nutrient line) you are giving your plant what it needs, it just does not have the ability to properly uptake it because of the media's ph!

Again if the run off ph is in proper range then refer to the above photos to identify what nutrient you may possibly be deficient in and adjust accordingly!

I hand these out to Customers at my HYDRO store and they say they hang them on the wall in there grow room! They also say these help tremendously when needing to correct issues!

Hope this post helps, wish you all the best of luck at growing!

Stay Stoned fellow growers!

Nugg

Nugg

CCH2O Recommendations Graph 1024x743

For me your hydro pH is off..I run 3 different rcdwc systems..I don't ever drop below 5.9.., it's ,6.0-6.5..seedlings I run well water at 7.1...back in the day I ran lower pH with nothing but problems...I found this hydro sheet to fit me more closely.. except I run higher water temps and air temps..so sheets are just a reference..
We appreciate your efforts.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
There's already a sticky with these charts in the cannabis infirmary but I guess the more places it's posted the more people will see it.

Don't forget this important chart -
Resourcesmulders chart

And these are helpful too -

VPDchart 1
Zinc zn manganese mn marijuana weed nutrient problem
Magnesium mg marijuana weed nutrient problem
Iron fe sulfur s marijuana weed nutrient problem
Marijuana weed nutrient potassium k problem
Phosphorus p marijuana weed nutrient problem
Nitrogen n marijuana weed nutrient problem
Leafchart2
PH EC Chart1