helppp im so confused why my leaves are doing this

• Thread starter emma.dir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

emma.dir

the plant in front is doing great its my second plant ever and the buds are huge but some of the leaves are yellowing and curling and i have no clue why! before i was told some leaves had magnesium deficiency ive been giving cal mag weekly as well as grotek monster bloom and fish bone meal. so i really dont know what the issue is most of the plant is green why are a few leaves like this

Helppp im so confused why my leaves are doing this
Helppp im so confused why my leaves are doing this 2
Helppp im so confused why my leaves are doing this 3
Helppp im so confused why my leaves are doing this 4
B

Bdubs

It looks like deficiency. Verify that your Ph is proper first. Because Ph being off causes accessibility to nutrients to be wrong and cause deficiency signs.

Thats the beginning. Because you are progressive before you posted a picture, it’s beyond catching first signs. You most likely won’t fix before harvest. Because she will show discolored leafs nearer the end. And the discoloration and signs off those leafs can almost be ignored.

So you have a mixture of problems. Which need to be gone though and find out what you may have done and when that caused this to happen. Root problems to prolonged heat or watering problems.

When leafs dry crisp deficient and curling, she is dried out. Either from a lockout or because the humidity is way too low…

There are other reasons that happened to your girls, but it is because of a prolonged cause and you are too far into flower to play off that. Just try to get to your harvest window if not already there.

B

Bdubs

I wouldn’t even worry about it. I think that is what I was trying to say. That you probably are experiencing late flower discoloration. If you e dropped temps at week 6 then all that is normal. The only problem is the leaf curl up and your middle aged leaf showing those first signs. If it is one or two leafs, ignore it this late. If the leaf discoloration and multiple leafs, and you can notice more and kore leaves say to day, then it’s a major deficiency and she needs it. Otherwise, it’s late flower discoloration.

There are other issues like root problems. Nutrient lockout is common late in flower then causes deficiency. Too aggressive of feed and not tapering back your feed nearer the end of flower, can lockout as salts or nutrients build in the soil, PPM creep to a point of lockout. Lockout also causes your plant to dry out as it retains moisture and then uses its own moisture drying up the leafs and curling from “low” hunidity. Because she is searching to drink from the air, if nutrient lockout is the cause, then transpiration stops. This is what causes her to dry up, she isn’t drinking. Which also leads to PPM rise as she would ignore nutrients and drink all the water in the soil.
This is common if no flush routine or tapering back of nutrients is done leading into the last weeks of flower.

B

Bdubs

So unless you know your Ph and PPM, it can be a whole lot of stuff. But rule out Ph and PPM (lockout) first. Then you decide what’s going on. Compare today’s Ph and PPM runoff to last feeds runoff…if you do these checks regularly which you should. If you don’t have a comparison, then you’ll need to go until your next feed to compare. So you’re talking a 2 week endeavor to diagnose if your roots are in good standing. Because that is #1 before you go throwing any nutrients into a leaf deficiency. Most of the time it’s Ph or too high PPM causing false feed signals. Figure that out, fix it if it’s off and then decide if you need nutrients to play off her deficiency. Otherwise, if she is creeping up on PPM, you should consider flushing to finish or doing a 1/4 of the nutrient strength with 10% runoff until finish, if your still trying to feed her a little.

E

emma.dir

So unless you know your Ph and PPM, it can be a whole lot of stuff. But rule out Ph and PPM (lockout) first. Then you decide what’s going on. Compare today’s Ph and PPM runoff to last feeds runoff…if you do these checks regularly which you should. If you don’t have a comparison, then you’ll need to go until your next feed to compare. So you’re talking a 2 week endeavor to diagnose if your roots are in good standing. Because that is #1 before you go throwing any nutrients into a leaf deficiency. Most of the time it’s Ph or too high PPM causing false feed signals. Figure that out, fix it if it’s off and then decide if you need nutrients to play off her deficiency. Otherwise, if she is creeping up on PPM, you should consider flushing to finish or doing a 1/4 of the nutrient strength with 10% runoff until finish, if your still trying to feed her a little.
thank you so much bro for all the info super helpful. when u say rule out the ph and ppm are you saying that i should check ph of the runoff? when i water i always ph it between 6-7 but have never checked the runoff. i have a ppm meter too but what is the range that should be at? thanks again really appreciate it!

B

Bdubs

Allow 10% runoff. Collect it and check the Ph and PPM. The range it should be is 5.8-7. 6.5 is optimal at your stage. 6.0 is optimal for best root growth and good for veg. Targeting more P and K in the upper ranges of Ph and all nutrients available at 6.5.

It will take you 2 watering to diagnose any issues. Feeding exactly the same both times with 10% runoff. So feed with the nutrients you always do and no water only or anything. Same PPM feed each time.

If PPM rises sharply, lockout has occurred. Reduce to 1/4 normal feed and allow 10% runoff to test and record every feed. You can go back to normal PPM feed when your numbers drop to a more comfortable level. You will have also diluted and allowed the roots to use some of those nutrients that were locked up will be available and allow her to “unclog”. So when you go back to regular feed, she invites it with open arms.

If Ph is off, you can use top dressings. If using synthetic like Ph down, you can simply counter it by using a lower feed water Ph. Using Ph down all the time is not desirable. But if you must use it to keep her eating properly and do not plan to make major adjustments, do it and force her to be in range if it means she eats correctly. If close to harvest window, sometimes it is the best to not care too much if your forcing her Ph with synthetics if it means she stays healthy. But it means you are not feeding her correctly with proper Ph or the medium buffering is less effective that late.

Ph swings or rises typically stem from soil temperatures having a swing upon feeding or cooling of the medium. So pay attention to your soil temperatures AND your feed water temperatures. Your 66 degree feed water may say 6.5 Ph, but your soil temp is 70 degrees, you’ll cool the medium upon feeding and then the medium temps will rise to its normal. That increase in temperature will increase the medium Ph. So Ph can be wonky as it does naturally swings with these temperature changes and that’s ok, that’s why it isn’t advisable to Ph down/up chasing small, in range swings.

You should always 10% runout and record runoff numbers Ph and PPM, to monitor root health. Soil growers have no other means to know their root zone unless they runoff check. Hydro does the same but can spot minor fluctuations as Ph and PPM of the water can be checked daily.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

the plant in front is doing great its my second plant ever and the buds are huge but some of the leaves are yellowing and curling and i have no clue why! before i was told some leaves had magnesium deficiency ive been giving cal mag weekly as well as grotek monster bloom and fish bone meal. so i really dont know what the issue is most of the plant is green why are a few leaves like this
The yellow curled leaves look like phosporus deficiency the yellow edges looks like potassium deficiency

If you have given too much calmag it can lockout P and K

It doesnt look like they need calmag fosho so just step it down

And see how it goes if its still getting worse up the flowering nutrients
Maybe down the nitrogen

And i will bet a furtune on if you just veery kindly grab that damaged leaf with a purple stem and pull it very slowly it will come out like it wasnt even attached if so youre sure its phosphorus deficiency

what week of flower are you in?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom