Supporter
Running late, had some problems with germination rates😠
E3EFED32 4528 4CA9 B022 4591A31183F7
16AB1627 CAFE 4E05 B79E F99C05F5D920
560E02E3 73BC 4690 9BA1 A5D2D8CF71A0

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Lookin good. Hopefully you're missing some of the crazy heat PDX is supposed to be getting this weekend. Closer to the river is supposed to be cooler, but still doesn't change the fact 90F+ is in the forecast for tomorrow.

That reminds me, maybe I'm blind or haven't paid enough attention. What are you doing for irrigation?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yap, rite in the middle of the heat, it’s 70f out here rite now at 9am.
14 tri pod sprinklers
5 zones on timers
First zone starts at 4 am and runs for 30 minutes
As soon as light dep starts I’ll drag out the drip system and put that on timers.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Hit em with the sprinkler builds toughness! I’d probally do every 3-4 plants thc. Do you have a guy that comes and checks your percentages to make sure they are legal hemp?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Oregon AG department randomly inspects 25% of all hemp licenses. You are required to test 1 week before harvest. If you test over thc limit your required to destroy all plants that tested over the limit. State requires the testing facility to come out and take random samples of your live plants. Other then that there’s no over site from the state. Federal rules are way stricter then how oregon is enforcing.
Feds are pissed at the state of Oregon because they are not following the federal guidelines that have been put in place.

Farmer88

Farmer88

Hit em with the sprinkler builds toughness! I’d probally do every 3-4 plants thc. Do you have a guy that comes and checks your percentages to make sure they are legal hemp?

Plastic layer and drip would be ideal. Greatly reduces water consumption. Earlier transplant season. Reduces weed pressure and provides disease control. Also lowers evaporation rates and irrigates deeper than overhead allowing for much beter control of wet dry cycles necessary to optimum yeilds. The wind will cover all the toughness you need, even if it is filled with spores.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Plastic layer and drip would be ideal. Greatly reduces water consumption. Earlier transplant season. Reduces weed pressure and provides disease control. Also lowers evaporation rates and irrigates deeper than overhead allowing for much beter control of wet dry cycles necessary to optimum yeilds. The wind will cover all the toughness you need, even if it is filled with spores.
Slowly learning the tricks of outdoors growing.
I’ve been growing indoor solid for the last 15 years and still have no clue what I’m doing!
Now I really have no fucking clue what I’m doing out here, but I will give it my best shot😉

Farmer88

Farmer88

Slowly learning the tricks of outdoors growing.
I’ve been growing indoor solid for the last 15 years and still have no clue what I’m doing!
Now I really have no fucking clue what I’m doing out here, but I will give it my best shot😉

@1diesel1 you're doing just fine my dude, money was spent wisely. I got a video for you, I'll finish it later today.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

And then when that crappy plastic is ready to be pulled at the end of the season your left with micro plastics and a big old pile of useless petroleum waste...... weed mat sucks.. Cover cropping and growing flowers is the way no question. Toss in some veg while your at it, cover your soils with natural mulch choke out weeds, and give life back. Grow flowers to help pollinators and veg to help humans

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Have you considered putting down a membrane like a weed matting, that way you could keep down the weeds between rows, and keep moisture under ground, good for your younger plants, would use less water, and save you a lot of labour and time weeding. 👍
I know a dude in Hawaii that does that with his green house but his plants are in pots. And it’s white so doesn’t attract more heat! I’ll have to go steal a pic from him so 1d1 can check it out. Because ain’t nobody going to be handing picking weeds on that much property lol

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
We’re farmin out here, we ain’t pushing daisies for fun, and I ain’t pullin weeds full time either.
This hole operation has to be automated for the budget and my sanity.
I am only one man in this operation, a full time job stands in between me and this farm.
So I will operate in a manor that is the most productive for success.
I really appreciate all the tips and suggestions from fellow farmers:)

Farmer88

Farmer88

We’re farmin out here, we ain’t pushing daisies for fun, and I ain’t pullin weeds full time either.
This hole operation has to be automated for the budget and my sanity.
I am only one man in this operation, a full time job stands in between me and this farm.
So I will operate in a manor that is the most productive for success.
I really appreciate all the tips and suggestions from fellow farmers:)

I got you my dude. Rediting video for beter comprehension sorry for delay. Two person opperation on my end I can feel your pain 2000 miles away.

Top Bottom